Australian business stealth accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 05-04-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Australian business stealth accounts

Hi All, new to the forums here! Trying to better get my head around stealth accounts.

I recently got hit with a MC999 because I was foolish a few months ago. I was making a good amount of money on this account, and all of the personal information was correct.

Address, name, banks, etc.

But that's gone now, so past fortnight I've been researching and planning out how to set up my very first stealth account but I have some questions hopefully some fellow

Aussies (or non-Aussies if you can answer!) can help me with.

I'm wanting to turn what I do on ebay into a business. Registering for an ABN (not company). My main concern about doing this is when I open a new account what do I put the

contact information in as?

I plan on having a postal address, phone number, email, bank all that good stuff. But at the end of the day, within the Australian business registry my real will still be

the business owner. (Will ebay check my business's owner information, and then link any future accounts that I create, or past accounts that have been suspended?)

Does the name on the business contact information on ebay and paypal really matter if I plan on having a bank account opened in the name of the business?

The stealth guide says to create an LLC that sounds like a person's name. But when/if paypal asks for verification or any other supporting documents I won't be able to

provide documents for 'john doe' but will be able to prove that I own a business registered as 'xyz'

Some guidance in what fellow Aussies have done, or any advice from people more experienced than me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Erik_
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2014

Default Re: Australian business stealth accounts

I too am interested in this - i had a very similar experience.
Old 05-20-2014

Longevity: 61%

Applying for an Australian Business Number (ABN) does not have anything to do with the way you will operate your stealth account.

Your bank account, the particulars of your ABN registration and your business name and your phone number can all be registered to your own name (trading as whatever business name you are trading as).

Your eBay Stealth account should be under a false name or a variation of your own name. Make sure that all the details associatd with your eBay Stealth account (name, address & phone number etc.) is different from any previously suspended accounts.

You can transfer money directly from your stealth PayPal account into your legitimate business bank account (provided that you aren't doing anything extremely illegal). You can also have your eBay customers make bank deposits into your bank account.

Note that your bank or your telephone company will not share infomration about you to eBay without your consent so there is no issue with giving external companies (other than eBay / PayPal) your real details.

You can keep business records and you can name the eBay account the same as your business name (eBay will not link your account based on this).

Do not tell eBay you are trading under your business name, rather operate a store with the same (or similar) name as your trading name.

Last edited by ebayanarchy; 05-20-2014 at 04:48 AM. Reason: adding information
Old 05-20-2014

Longevity: 61%
Post Re: Australian business stealth accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik_ View Post
The stealth guide says to create an LLC that sounds like a person's name.
An LLC (Limited Liability Company) is an American business structure and threrfore not applicable to Australian eBayers.

If you are trading under an ABN, you don't need to tell eBay that you are operating a business - you can register an eBay store without telling eBay your ABN.
Old 05-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Neither will the ATO....

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
ebayanarchy (05-21-2014)
Old 05-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys for the advice.

Basically what my understanding is just operate under stealth accounts. No need to be creating an ebay business account.

I've spoken to my accountant and he said ATO shouldn't care too much as long I am claiming everything coming in. I think i've read some other people say some similar things on here as well.
Old 05-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

TBF, the ATO is more than a good friend should paypal ever start nosing around....

keep that in mind.

If it happends down the line you have 'glitches', then feel free to shoot me a pm

Good Luck