Listings at bottom of search all of sudden - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-12-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Listings at bottom of search all of sudden

Hi Everyone. I am pretty new to this forum and even selling on ebay. I have a question. I have a semi-legit account in my mom's name. They banned me for a few mistakes I made in college of unpaid items. The last straw was a shampoo and conditioner I accidently overlooked the crazy shipping cost. So they ban me for life from 10 years ago when I was a poor college student?!? Nice...lol

Anyways, my second month of selling and my BIN listings have all hit the bottom, even under unmatched items and low feedback sellers. I have tried ending them and relisting, sell similar, and even brand new. Nothing...

I did have an open case for INR for a couple weeks because the post office and buyer were very slow to respond. It seemed to slowly decline since my eval on 20th.

I also had incident Friday where I opened another account to sell my low priced items where I could ship wo tracking. Well for some reason and FYI FOR ALL OF YOU....they restricted me because my PP and ebay names didn't match. I wasn't thinking...it has worked on my moms (mainly buyer for last 5 years or so) account that I am now selling but as soon as I did it on new account to sell, BAM!!

Probably because I went straight for selling. I didn't think it would be issue because it hasn't been for my moms account.

After this my sales that were slowly declining, went to zero except my auctions.

So am I doomed on this account? Will my listings stay at the bottom forever?

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-12-2014 at 06:47 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Listings at bottom of search all of sudden

If your account is a New Seller account, the reason is most likely that you have already have a case against you, whether you are right or wrong in the case, really does not matter, only the fact that the case is there. Over time, as your DSR's begin to show Ebay that you are a good seller, your search result placement should improve.
Old 05-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks! Yes the case was closed Sunday in my favor. I do have 100% positive feedback, but my listings went from first few pages to the LAST! I figure I am going to open a stealth to build it up and then do auctions on my main account. They are getting views, but nothing on BIN.

The post office is slow to respond to investigations, so we are doomed when we have to wait on INR, or just as a new seller?

Thanks again for your help!
Old 05-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Good idea to build more stealth accounts to rely on - welcome to the forums.

Postal office is always slow on returns without tracking
Old 05-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the welcome I am enjoying the wealth of information!

There was tracking. It was my fault. I was still doing manual address input into stamps.com. I didn't know that you could import from ebay when I first started. I sent the package to the wrong address. The man had like 3 orders and had opened a case against me for the wrong order, I was like it was delivered haha.

By the time I contacted USPS and they investigated it, it was a few days, then it was a few days before the seller responded and said opps...I entered wrong order. Then immediately I asked if he wanted refund or another order shipped.

Then it was a couple days, so I just sent him a message that said I shipped out again due to no response. If you don't want them reject them and as soon as you let me know, I will refund. He was very slow to respond. So I ended up having to escalate it to ebay when it hit me it was what was slowing my sales.

I have worked very hard and it was an honest mistake. I just didn't have all the info to find the problem at first. I mean everything I list is at the bottom...will it pick back up after my next eval?

They should not count open cases til they close against you. How wrong is that? For an honest mistake I am at zero sales for 4 days now. I have good products at good prices. This is just to supplement my income from my full time job, some extra spending money. But I can't sell anything now unless its an auction. I had $1000 in sales my first month, now nothing AT ALL. I worked so hard and was doing so good and now just at a stand still. I was 20 transactions from top seller now it won't be this month.

Sorry for rant, I think it is so wrong that I worked so hard for an honest mistake to kill my sales. My auctions are doing ok, but I barely break even on them. I am not doing all this work to break even. UGHH!! Stealth here I come hehe!!

Anyone have any suggestions on addresses to use. I have read the boards and this is still something I am completely stumped on.

Family and friends wont work for me. I have used their addresses to ship things as gifts on my main account before. Thanks so much for all your help to this newbie!!

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-12-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2014
Threadstarter  

What else is weird is that I had two views exactly on each of new listings last night before they were even in the search.

I just think its wrong how they are messing up my business when I have done nothing wrong.

It may be the paypal thats in my name that they found out about when I opened a new account under my moms again last Friday.

Who knows....its insane! I am about over it.

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-12-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Stop with this thinking ebay is wrong just because you are not using their system correctly. It becomes self-defeating.

Take the responsibility that you are the seller and you control what happens.

As quickly as you can learn how to beat them and be at the top of your game.
It can be done.

Old 05-12-2014
Threadstarter  

What do you mean stop thinking ebay is wrong?

You think its right to put someone's listings from top page 1 to page 15 because they made an honest mistake and fixed it .

The buyer was happy because the buyer delayed too by making a mistake on the order he didn't receive?

I don't understand what you are trying to say?

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-12-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

ebay only wants perfection.

Noone is allowed honest mistakes.

Learn that now.

ebay does not need to care one HOOT about errors sellers make.

Learn that now or go on having troubles with them.

It's a cold hard fact of using ebay.

Take the time to learn to keep on top of them always.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

In other words, there are thousands of other sellers who have not had cases/mistakes and they deserve to be on top just as you do.

Its best just to try to re-earn that respect and right to be back at the top.
Old 05-12-2014
Threadstarter  

I understand that but I have 100% feedback and they were putting sellers with like 96% and things that don't even match. I am sure I am not the first newbie that made a mistake and I think it was kind of harsh. So after my next eval should I start seeing improvement?