Paypal want more info. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-14-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Paypal want more info.

I have a problem, I`m not going to change anything on my paypal profile until I know what I`m doing. I am nearing their £1900 annual limit for receiving payments. I`m running an ebay and paypal account under a pseudo name, both names are the same for both accounts.

Now its asking me for more infomation about my business to lift my limits. At the moment, none of my money is held, I can still receive and withdraw. Its asking for my date of birth, (or my pseudos date of birth). Wether I have a VAT number or not, and then to choose some categories etc.

My business on ebay is legit, I`m not selling anything dodgy. However, I`m turning over around £1000 - £1500 a month. (With hardly any profit at all (if any)). The account is around three or four months old.

What should I do? I`m pretty sure I gave them a date of birth when signing up. Trouble is, I can`t remember what it was and I`m sure I wrote it down somewhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2014

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Paypal want more info.

This is why you need to make sure you keep a spreadsheet of IP addresses, account information all in a column like format which is easy to refer back to.

Your account will already be a PREMIER account which is fine to trade on, you do not necessarily need to change it to a BUSINESS. In this case because you cannot remember your DOB, don't.

There is a spreadsheet on here in a post made to record all information about accounts, do a search to find it, its really useful.
Old 05-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

What exactly are you wanting help with?

When you try to lift the receiving limit, the electronic checks will fail and they will ask you to submit documents.

The problem you have is you don't know what date of birth you used. Nobody can help you with that.
Old 05-14-2014
Threadstarter  

I`ve found my record of date of birth etc. Its just asking me to give info on what type of business it is. Should I expect to return documents to them if I fill this info in.
Old 05-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

If it is a stealth account, the end result of trying to lift the receiving limit will be a request for documents.
Old 05-14-2014

Longevity: 70%

You should get "creative" with submitting the documents
Old 05-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Dammit. I have £££s of stock and more coming today. I cannot afford to lose this account. I`ve got 160 days to do this, I could just sell all my stock at a massive loss and then see what happens. Either way, my account will be limited, they will hold onto my cash, most likely forever. What a complete pain.....

Thanks any way for your help.
Old 05-14-2014

....why don't you just give them the documents they want and the account will be able to continue to sell?
Old 05-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Because my name is different on paypal and ebay. I have tried, they electronically check equifax and the electoral roll in the uk. Failed.

I have now got to try and blag my way through, hoping that they give me the benefit of the doubt and let me change my name to my own. Which I doubt very much, seeing as I got kicked off three times already.

Oh well, here we go again......
Old 05-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by combiseries View Post
Because my name is different on paypal and ebay. I have tried, they electronically check equifax and the electoral roll in the uk. Failed.

I have now got to try and blag my way through, hoping that they give me the benefit of the doubt and let me change my name to my own. Which I doubt very much, seeing as I got kicked off three times already.

Oh well, here we go again......
You really are going about this totally the wrong way.
Old 05-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Really! I`m running a legit business, the best I can do before I have to go VAT registered is to try and get through this as me.... If I do it the `other` way, then thats illegal isn`t it.

And if there was another way, (but its probably to late now anyway), then whats the solution... Spend £££`s on getting someone to `doctor` documents..... That wouldn`t be very cost effective seeing as I`ve built up what I have now from £50..... It would set me back six months....

I really appreciate your help, but the more i`ve tried and thought about this, the more I reckon its a waste of time, and money.

So, enlighten me......
Old 05-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by combiseries View Post
Really! I`m running a legit business, the best I can do before I have to go VAT registered is to try and get through this as me.... If I do it the `other` way, then thats illegal isn`t it.

And if there was another way, (but its probably to late now anyway), then whats the solution... Spend £££`s on getting someone to `doctor` documents..... That wouldn`t be very cost effective seeing as I`ve built up what I have now from £50..... It would set me back six months....

I really appreciate your help, but the more i`ve tried and thought about this, the more I reckon its a waste of time, and money.

So, enlighten me......
and it costs less than £50 for you what are you needing......
Old 05-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the input. Its a bit late now. I`ve sent them the documents they asked for. Only time will tell. At the moment, my account is not restricted in anyway, so I`m selling off my stock cheap to get as much money as I can before they block me.

Then, I`ll think about starting afresh. But not just yet.

Its a lesson learned I think. I totally forgot about the £1900 limit, if I hadn`t I may have prepared for it in my budget.

I`ll keep you posted and let you know what happens. That way, others may learn from my mistake as well.

The show must go on......
Old 05-16-2014

yes its not limited at the moment (£1650) however, if you keep selling off your stock and you hit the £1900 they do limit you completely until documents have been verified. This means your money wont be able to be withdrawn, so don't go over if you are worried the docs won't be accepted.
Old 05-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Spread sales over a couple of stealth accounts