Got 2 21-Day Holds on Payments - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Got 2 21-Day Holds on Payments

I've never heard of this before, but I got paid for 2 items I sold on ebay and got two 21-day holds on both, saying I need to ship now. When the buyer receives the item, leaves + feedback, or 21 days passes, the money will be released.

Is there anyway of getting around this? I am obviously not shipping the item until the payment clears, but is there a way to speed things up?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

You have to ship the items, after the items have been delivered your funds will be released within 3 days after confirmation of delivery. That is the soonest you can get your funds. There are other threads on this subject, look through those please before posting anymore questions.
Old 08-19-2008

Longevity: 95%

Well from now on u will get holds on that account if u sell the same kinda stuff and if u ship and then the buyer gets it and decieds to file a complint if its not what he/she expected or with in the time u ship and u get limted guess what

U get screwed cause paypal will not refund u the money and they buyer will get a free item

and if what you selling is high $ i would not send NOTHING off till after the money clears
What i do is refund the buyer and give them to opitions

1. They can pay with paypal but will have a 21 day delay in shipping
2. they can pay for the same item useng Google and have it shipped in normal shipping time.

about 80% of my buyers will go with #2 the rest will refuse to pay i just file them as non payers
Old 08-19-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Well I had the 21-day hold for the first 3 items I sold on my new account. But because my buyers left feedback quickly, the funds were released and now PayPal doesn't put hold on my payments anymore.
Old 08-20-2008

Well, the best thing to do is ship out quickly with delivery confirmation and don't tell your buyer that your money has a hold on it because if they are smart and looking to scam you they will know that pp still has the money and they can easily file a claim and possibly get their money back otherwise they might think twice before filing a claim.
Old 08-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

I just send the buyer an email telling them the situation and asking them to leave feedback as soon as they receive it- but ask them very nicely. So far so good. Alternatively, just try to avoid gettting limited in the next 3 weeks and you'll get them money anyway.
Old 08-20-2008

trying to not get limited in three weeks is the worst thing you can do. With PayPal you need to always be ahead of the curve or you will lose plain and simple. You can't let it get to the point where you have to wait 21 days. Like I stated before it is not wise to tell the buyer that their is a hold on the money because they know they can file a claim and the money is still there in pp. Only exception, if you trust the buyer or know the buyer otherwise it is a bad idea!
Old 08-20-2008

HI: Ive never had the pleasure of a 21 day hold,,, BUT--
Ive had my acct frozen many of times, sometimes it takes almost a month to unfreeze..
My suggestion:
Ship the item--apparently-paypal has the money on hold..
Then, input the fastest tracking u can handle, then followup-with an email to pp the very same day the goods are signed for..
Sorry-thats the best that I know to do
Old 08-20-2008

your right ebhl. That is all you can do if you do want to accept the transaction without refunding the payment or having the buyer get mad and file a non-receipt. No buyer is going to wait 21 days before you ship the item regardless if pp holds the money because the fact is that they paid.
Old 08-20-2008

If people wanted to wait for there money they would sale on half.com! the whole point of selling on ebay is to make money then not a month from then.
Old 08-20-2008

Yeah well you must have been in a cave the last few months because when it happens it happens. There is no point as a seller to punish the buyer by not shipping their package for 21 days when pp is to blame and if you're a good seller you should have no problems when the package is delivered because the funds will be released. Also, when you choose to accept paypal then you accept their rules end of discussion.
Old 08-21-2008

And i have sold on half.com in the past and shipped all my items off and guess what i got banned cause i was linked to a ebay account that was suppended so i never got paid by HDC and i lost all my items and so what if i was linked i had all happy customers and all + feedback so there was no reason to screw me out of my money they could had just simply removed me as a seller.

And paypal can not be trusted even if u do ship your stuff anything could happen to get u banned and u will lose your items! you will lose your money! you will lose your account! i dont know about jerkboy1 but im sure not going to take any risk dealing with paypal and trusting them with my money!!!!

Last edited by Modee; 08-22-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-21-2008

yeah I don't trust pp either, but there is a way around everything and I know the ways including bypassing the ssn requirement. Of course, I'm not going to share this information and it all starts with your knowledge level accompanying by the right tactics from the get go and money funneling through different accounts sometimes while cleaning your tracks. I don't say much about anything because I know how it works and don't want it to be leaked.
Old 08-21-2008

Yeah its best not to post it here do to all the ebay/paypal spys
Old 08-21-2008

I talked to paypal today and got the scoop as far as how long the hold is put in place. The 21-day hold once put on your account for a transaction we know will be released after confirmation of delivery but how long?

Well, I got the scoop. Your hold on your money will be released exactly 72-hours from the exact time(hour and minute) the package shows delivery on the carriers website via automated system scanning tracking information and your hold will also be released exactly 24-hours(hour and minute) from the time your buyer leaves positive feedback for the transaction with a hold on it!

This should clear up any questions in terms of holds and times and all information is 100% correct and verified.
Old 08-21-2008

It's actually listed on the PayPal website under the link on the left that says: Policy Updates: August 20, 2008 (minus the time-frames you verified)
I can't remember where I read it, but this should stop happening once you receive 100 positive feedbacks.

Quote:
Effective Date: March 14, 2008

Beginning March 14, 2008, the Closing Accounts and Limiting Account Access section of the PayPal User Agreement is being amended to include a new section 2 as follows:

2. eBay Item Hold.

eBay item hold. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on a payment you receive for an eBay transaction when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with the transaction. If PayPal places a hold on your payment, it will show as "pending" in your PayPal Account.

Release of eBay item hold. PayPal will release the eBay item hold after 21 days unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. PayPal may release the hold earlier if either of the following applies:

(a) The buyer leaves positive feedback on eBay, or

(b) PayPal can confirm delivery. PayPal will confirm delivery if you use USPS or FedEx to ship the item and (i) use PayPal shipping labels, or (ii) upload tracking information to PayPal via the transaction details page. This applies to US domestic transactions only.

Additional hold period. If you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal on the transaction subject to the eBay item hold, PayPal may hold the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement.
It used to be you could only get screwed like this in prison.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 08-21-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

"It used to be you could only get screwed like this in prison." - Quasi_Mojo
I LOVE IT!!!
Old 08-22-2008

it should be called an e-screwing for the internet or something.
Old 09-09-2008

Longevity: 90%

This is bulls**t. I had one of these 21 day holds. I sent the item off, the buyer got it and left me positive feedback yesterday. 24 hours on, paypal have still not released the funds. WTF is going on here! God knows..
Old 09-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

From my experience one of two things happens...
24-48 hours after I receive + feedback the 21 day hold if lifted for that item.
24 hours after the buyer leaves me a + and I leave them a + the 21 day hold if lifted for that item.

That is how it has been working for me.
Old 09-10-2008

Longevity: 93%

GOOD experiences shared on this threads, anyone know the amount trick? if the amount below 100$, will it be hold also if other non-holding conditions does not meet?
Old 09-23-2008

i sold many items at about $20-$30 and they held all my money and told me to post my items couple days later they suspended me and they refunded all the money back to the customers when i'd already sent the items off and all the customers got the items for free.
i rang paypal and all they said we cannot do anything you agreed to this when you regitered to paypal.
i emailed all the buyers to please send the money back and out of everyone only one person gave me there money back.