Suspended... want a new account strictly for buying...question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Suspended... want a new account strictly for buying...question

Hi guys,

I was suspended by the pinheads at Trust & Safety because they are linking me to a relative's suspended account whom I have no connection with. The T&S dweebs would not get it through their little heads that I am not connected to that account and basically said my account will remain suspended and they will not respond to further emails or appeals. I called trust & safety's special hotline for powersellers(I was a Silver Power Seller) and they would not budge. One was honest with me and told me upfront that my chances of reinstatement are slim-none. Once I found that out, I called back the next dat and spoke to another dweeb and spoke a mouth full! They sicken me!

Sorry for blabbing...

So the deal is, I am suspended. I don't care to sell on eBay anymore. I was planning on quitting after this fall/winter anyway which is my peak selling season. I just want to create a name to buy. How easy is that to do?

-I can provide them with another home mailing address
-⊗⊗⊗⊗ name?
-new email addy
-..... do I need a new phone number for buying? or is that just for selling?
-I plan on paying with google checkout and money orders since seller's still accept those forms of payment (Paypal sucks!)
-I will be clearing my cookies and I don't have a Static IP address... it changes by the day... I have both Comcast internet and Verizon . I am computer illiterate but I think I have this down ok to pull off?

Any help with setting up a new eBay account just for buying and some tips on how to do so would be greatly appreciated!:D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

eBay Stealth will get you on the right track, or all the information is posted all over the forums. It just depends if you want to dig through everything or pay a little to get eBay Stealth. It works, trust me, if you have further questions after reading stealth, then we will gladly help. Thanks and welcome
Old 08-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Thank you! I get the impression that the eBay Stealth Book is aimed towards those who want to get a selling account. I just want an account to buy things from eBay ... I don't plan on selling anymore so i am not sure if I want to buy that book.

I've been lurking around these forums for the past several days soaking up information... most of the information applies to those who are suspended sellers that want to start selling again. I haven't really found a post similar to mine about setting up an eBay account just to buy.
Old 08-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I would suggest just making another account with your info and see if you can buy stuff and stay under the radar. I think they aim mostly towards sellers to shut them down. But I won't gaurantee you will stay on if you do this.
Old 08-19-2008

Activity: 2%

Fleebay is able to link using multiple sources. In order to buy or sell, you'd most likely have to change every linking point. For an example of these links, check out the first post of this thread (sample Excel spreadsheet). Each of these links can be circumvented.

It sounds like you've got some basic knowledge of some of these, but it takes just one mis-step to lose your account. Like stated above, you can search through the forum (if you want to take the time) or opt for the ebook for fast answers.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 08-19-2008 at 10:36 PM.