Opinion on my stealth account. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-21-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Opinion on my stealth account.

Hello, Recently reached about 105 days with my current EBAY & Paypal Stealth. I started with the 10/1000 Limits and suffered through for a while. Woke up the other day to see my account is now 100/5000 which helps out a lot. I still plan on taking it very slow. I am at a new residence, have a new IP Address, all of that.

My Question now is, I plan on using a fresh EIN I have never used as I am no longer able to use my SSN. When I am prompted to enter such information do you think this account can last and become a legitimate business account for me? I have 5.0 DSR's and I sell collectibles, nothing vero!

As much as having a bunch of accounts is safe and intriguing, I really like the idea of having one "legitimate" business account. As long as I keep my safe selling practices I should be okay in doing this, correct? I currently have over 25 positive feedback and all 5.0 DSR's. Paypal is verified etc.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,249 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Opinion on my stealth account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetocollect View Post
As long as I keep my safe selling practices I should be okay in doing this, correct?
Wrong... very wrong.

No one is safe out there.

Anything could hit your account and brings it down. Competitors could do that.
It is all in EB's hands you are not safe at all.

Suggestion is sto have some backups account and... selling collectibles you could have VERO issues. It depends on what you sell and quantities.
Old 05-21-2014

Longevity: 59%

As long as you are dealing with ebay/paypal no account is safe. No matter how long or how well or even if it is stealth or proper personal account. Ebay/paypal can close you down for no reason at anytime.
The only backup is to have as many as possible stealth. That is the only way to remain in business all the time.
Old 05-21-2014

Longevity: 59%

I just love these people who think that having an account with good DSR's and good feedback somehow makes them immune to be "being shown the door" by ebay. Make multiple stealth accounts and don't fall in love with any one account, it'll get your heart broken.
Old 05-21-2014

Longevity: 67%

You really need multiple accounts on today's eBay for security, if your plan is to make eBay a big part of your income... but that doesn't mean you can't focus on a couple accounts and make them your big boys.

I like having big accounts myself, ones with a store, repeat customers, followers, high limits/trust, and all that jazz. I have 3 separate stealth 'main' accounts, which I consider main as they have satisfied paypal's tax requirements.

On the side I maintain a dozen lesser stealth accounts for security, if one of my mains go down for whatever reason, I can pick one from my other collection and work to bring that to the main level.

When I started making all these accounts, It was a painful/anxiety-ridden experience to get up and going, for me at least. Now that everything is in place I feel extremely calm and secure in my business, and can rely on eBay to make ends meat and than some.

Best of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
ilcarletto (05-21-2014)