Too many deadbeat bidders.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Too many deadbeat bidders..

Buyers are either in the serious habit of asking questions after the listing ends, stalling on payment, never responding and/or just plain being insulting and annoying. Inquired when we were going to receive our payment for the item(s). One response was the following, "I'm sorry but I'm trying to say u a**wipe my d**k accidentally bought your (ITEM) your gonna have to take it up with it it's super h**ny now." These are supposed to be my customers? WTF?

Is there any possible way to minimize this, without going full-on Buy It Now? I've gone through this 4 times already this week on auctions which these bidders looked legit (had a feedback range of 15-30). Accidental purchase? Bidding all over the place? This is ridiculous.

Last edited by exxomscp; 05-28-2014 at 12:14 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Too many deadbeat bidders..

Just set all your buyer requirements as high as possible, I keep within the 48 states, no PO boxes, I only allow the same buyer to buy 2 items in 10 days , just make all settings as high as possible

I usually never have problems with non payments this way, here and there I cancel a transaction but nothing out of control

I like BIN, but with new accounts I start off all auctions until I'm past the 90days and paypal holds are lifted

Also in the slow months I'll use auctions , because that way everything sells

But set everything as high as possible and maybe in the description write when you accept payment from the winning bidder
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
exxomscp (05-28-2014)
Old 05-28-2014
Threadstarter  

This is technically considered Summer now, so.. slow month, but I still did OK. I was just shocked by this past week and what the eBay community has become if you've got lurkers like this..

Thank you for the tip. I might've been trying to rush these up to get things moving so fast, I think I forgot to set most of these buyer requirements or assumed they were OK by default. Ooops.
Old 05-28-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I usually never got that many of them but this past 2 weeks they have been coming out of the woodwork.

I just hit them with a NPB and 99% of the time they pay.

One bought an item around the 7th of May, paid on the 25th and asked me today if the item will arrive today as they need it. Amazing.
Old 06-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Little bit of an update on this topic. Even though I've updated these buying restrictions, 0 feedback bidders and scammers are still trying to bleed on through. Doing sort of OK, but this is definitely disappointing as it's taking a lot more work just to sell something successfully. I sell electronics stuff, always have since it sells well.

I'm even thinking about going to the extent to patrol my listings when bidders are trying to snipe these, just to ensure that a 0 feedback bidder doesn't win. Most scammers are just sniping multiple auctions to win and pay with a fraudulent card (caught one person winning on 2 of my accounts in the same category, asking similar services; may have been preventable if I was on top of it and didn't let him win), posing as USA addresse to bypass the buyer restrictions, later asking to send internationally via rush shipping, despite clear instructions on the listing for buyers in the USA only. Really cut into my profits this weekend and had to file cases here and there. Probably no guarantee my listing limit will be restored, but I will sincerely try. :/

Last edited by exxomscp; 06-09-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Of course new bidders are an issue, but at one point they are all new. And not all new bidders are the issue. If the bidder is new, then I do a cancel transaction as soon as it is avail. If it is not a new buyer, then I open an unpaid case against them as soon as it is possible.

I feel that if you are going to take my item off auction, then I at least deserve to get paid pretty fast. I am not Target, Kmart, or WalMart.... I do not accept lay-a-way.