eBay is not a place to live! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Thumbs down eBay is not a place to live!

We got a waning notice and say we are ‘None-performance seller’ and possible suspend soon.
This is unfair. We have 2455 points and 99.7% until today. Still in risk?
eBay feedback policy SUCKS!
1. Only 30% of the buyer will leave feedback. Does ebay force them to
leave feedback; does eBay count other 70% of no feedback transactions?? No!
eBay base on these 30% feedback and determine we are ‘None-performance seller’??
That really SUCKS. If eBay serious about the feedback game, eBay should force buyer to leave feedback before they bid on next item.
2. Some unpaid buyers leave negative feedback on purpose. But it can't
be removed if they respond emails on unpaid strike. What the heck!!
3. Some buyers don't even send email or reply email before leave
negative feedback. Does eBay have email platform to trace the
communication. No!!
4. If you are platinum power seller, no matter how bad your feedback is.
eBay doesn't even dare to touch them!
5. We sell coupons on ebay, ebay say ‘feedback manipulation’, then account suspended. We don’t sell coupons, only 30% of buyer leave feedback, if 2 negative received, then you become ‘None- performance Seller’, then account suspended.
eBay is not a place to live!

We believe sellers will disappear soon. No wonder eBay business keeps going downhill.
It's the stupid policy!!

Last edited by Modee; 08-27-2008 at 02:25 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-21-2008

Longevity: 93%

I received the same email from eBay a few days ago. I'm afraid they'll suspend my account. 80% of my buyer won't leave feedback. I never receive 5star rating on shipping even if the shipping was free. I'm getting tired of eBay. Buyers are dumb. I write in my descriptions that I'll ship the item within 3 business days but they just keep emailing me with their stupid question. When will you ship my item? I paid immediately, what is taking so long?

Anyway, I know how you feel.

Last edited by Modee; 08-22-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

yea, ebay is 100% for the buyers, never the sellers!!
Old 08-22-2008

I just got reinstated to Ebay after a 2 week suspension and just finished leaving feedback for 18 buyers.
Aside from the 18 I just left we still have 26 buyers in July that have never left feedback not including the 18 I just took care of.
As for shipping time we have consistently shipped same day if it's not a weekend for the past 80+ auctions.
Shipping time is still at 4.5
Buyers would still complain if you overnighted the item and hand delivered it with their morning coffee.
I gave up early in the game offering "Parcel Post" for the cheapest shipping price on larger items.Even though it clearly states 2 to 9 business days for delivery and the buyer had their choice of that or "Priority Mail" a few opted for parcel post and complained about shipping time.
Old 08-25-2008

Well there is no incentive for the buyer to leave good DSR ratings. There is however an incentive to leave poor DSR's, and thats to reduce the average DSR rating that ebay deems acceptable, something like 4.7. If I buy anything, why should I leave 5 stars? its only going to raise the average ebay DSR rating, and increase my risk of getting banned for non seller performance, which I already have once.

The reality is that it's in their best interest to leave negs and 1 stars, and its ebays fault.

There are 3 categories of ebayers

1. people who buy only
2. people who buy and sell
3. people who sell only

To make it an even playing field, group 2 should not be allowed to leave DSR ratings.

Last edited by sparkle; 08-25-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Business has always been that way. Buyers will only make themselves heard if they are unhappy.
Old 08-26-2008

Either take the heat or get out of the kitchen.

Even when I was shipping 100+ items a day in 2000 only 20-25% left feedback and the ones that do leave FB they are more likely to be the ones not satisfied. And back then most buyers had half a brain, except for the electronics buyers that do not read the auctions for the specs and terms, fry the motherboard or drop the camera and want a free replacement or try to swap out their old dead motherboard for the new one you sent them.

Their policy is very smart for them and their agenda, even brilliant I might say. For sellers, buyers and affiliates the policy is terrible. But when was the last time you saw ebay care about what their sellers, buyers, affiliates or shareholders thought? Read on.

In my way of thinking Ebay execs have been shorting ebay since fall of last year (heck, most likely since late 2004) via their offshore holding companies and have made an absolute fortune by destroying ebay with their crackhead "new policies". Last fall was when a lot of these "new changes for the better" started hitting hard for sellers and affiliates.

It must have been nice when ebay took their affiliate program in house and you saw your reported earnings drop 50% from 30K a month down to 15K a month. All emails to ebay unanswered and if you did manage to receive a reply it was "business is slow, that's why your earnings dropped in half, it has nothing to do with our home made mickey mouse tracking system" Keep on sending us 500K of clicks a month and if you are lucky we will not can your account because your traffic is not "engaging" enough.

If I wanted to make a fortune I'd short a company then do everything in my power to confuse buyers, sellers and affiliates and run that biz into the ground all the while every time the stock drops a point I make a cool $1-2 million. Why on earth would I want to make ebay better? My job would be to make it worse!

Then when it hit rock bottom I would buy up all the shares I could and ride it back up if that walmart/k-mart/best buy/amazon wannabe frankenstein model of a site ever takes hold.

~HOE

It really helps a lot to tell buyers a 4 rating is "Good" Get 5 or 10 or 20 "good" ratings and it's Sayonara Sucker!

Here's ebay with their short selling strategy and idiotic crackhead policies

Here's Amazon with their strength, innovation and strong support to sellers

Last edited by HairyOldEbayer; 08-26-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Remember about 1 year ago I wrote here that eBay's problem is that it has gotten too big? They're now taking steps to get it back under control. They're getting rid of sellers, just because they can't control them all anymore.
Old 08-26-2008

Quote:
4. If you are platinum power seller, no matter how bad your feedback is.
eBay doesn't even dare to touch them.
Not true. One of my Platinum PowerSeller accounts was suspended because the detailed seller rating for shipping time felt under 4.5. I received the same warning as you did. The only advice I can give you is: Within the next 30 days try to improve thoser DSR's. Otherwise your account will be suspended for 30 days. Give your customers free upgrades to a faster shipping service, put some candies in the package, surprise them. You rely on them and their feedback. I know this is hard to do, but much harder is living without the income coming from eBay.

Last edited by Modee; 08-27-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: My ps acct has a dsr min of 4.7 -4.8 avg..
Old 08-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Good way to solve problems with DSR Floridian...I like it.
Old 08-26-2008

Activity: 2%

How about if you put poisoned candy in the package?
That way, when they die, they can't leave low DSR scores.

Wait... that won't work. No repeat customers.
Thought I was on to something, there.
Old 08-26-2008

Imagine if the crackheads roll out a 1-10 star rating instead of the current 5. 1 being horrible, 5 is good and 10 is fantastic. Imagine getting an average of 6.8

68% out of 100. Oh my lord, based on ebay wanting a 98% and better approval rating in the FB you would be screwed, blued and tattooed.

Even walmart and bestbuy at their very, very best have perhaps a 75% customer satisfaction score.

I can hear the train coming. Ebay rolls out a new feature. DSR removal service. For a flat rate of only $20 per DSR removal you can have lower DSR ratings removed if you bend over with your hands on your ankles and send $20 via check or MO (oops, sorry, forgot ebay is canning all check and MO payments as of Jan 2009) make that via PayUsMorePal to clean up your DSR.
Old 08-27-2008
Threadstarter  

Thumbs down

1. Sometimes I wonder eBay is a Scavenger or a businessman? I think they more like a sweeper.
2. I recently ordered a chair from Walmart.com, it takes 5 days to process to ship and 2 weeks to deliver to local store for pickup, but the package is damaged. I order 2 pcs of memory on Frys.com last week, it takes 6 days to process shipment and I still don’t get the item yet until today. Compare to our same day shipping policy on eBay. We are much better and fast, but buyers always rate low stars on Shipping and handling. What a world!
3. One of my friend’s account has 20478 points, it just suspended yesterday because the “none-performance seller” policy. eBay is serious about your DSR more than the points only. If you receive a ‘5% NOTICE’ email today, you should really think about how to gain your feedback in 30 days, otherwise, your account will be suspended automatically after 1 month.
4. I don’t know if I can send email to buyer to ask them leave positive feedback right after receive their Paypal money? If they agree, I will credit back some money. eBay force us become a cheater.
5. I found that if you want to screw up someone’s account is very easy, just bid his item and don’t pay then leave negative feedback. I got certain bid like that, but eBay never remove their feedback and only reply with COPY n PASTE standard email. SUCKS! So, you can use the same way to revenge those buyers who gave you NEG, if they sell sth.