New eBay shop killed my sales by 80% - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-25-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default New eBay shop killed my sales by 80%

don't know how! don't know why! but here's my story

On my main account I've been selling really well, more than I've ever managed before and I've been getting 30+ Sales everyday for the past 40 days running, good days have been above 50 and I've had 2 bad days where we had really nice weather and got only 25 sales,

4 days ago I clicked on the link to manage my eBay store and advertised was the new eBay shop, fresh new look, i checked it out and it looks abit better than old one with bigger pictures and link and the top so buyers can follow you, anyway I changed to it as it looks good,

Within the 4 days i noticed a few problems with it, it was showing ending soonest when buyers first come to my store even though it's set as best match, and when people viewed my store from mobile it brings them to the store but it's zoomed in at one of my listings rather than opening up and and showing the full page as it should, there was a few other little things that didn't seem to be working with it also.

After 2 days i noticed my sales were down slightly but thought nothing of it as you get them every now and then, then yesterday I got my lowest sales ever I only 8 sales all day, i was hoping it was cos people were going away for bank holiday. Anyway today sales were bad again, up until 10pm I have sold 6 all day, really concerned now i check my rankings for my listings, my best seller has gone from rank 45 to 148 and all others have gone down.

Trying to think why this has happened and what changes have happened lately and there is none, no open cases still trs and 100% positive feedback, not revised a listing for weeks and only thing I can think of is that i changed my store to ebays new updated one, surely changing my store can't have such an affect with my sales and best match ranking??

I've just switched back to the older version of the store at (10:15pm) as there seemed too many things not working with it and within 4 mins I get a sale, 5 mins later i sell another, 11pm and I've made 8 sales from 5 buyers!! what the hell?? I'm making money again, but confused as to what's going on.

not posted on here for a while but thought i would share this to see what others have got to say about it or if anyone is having the same problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzler87 For This Useful Post:
stanislav (05-28-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: New eBay shop killed my sales by 80%

They have tried to push a new store front here in the U.S. as well. I got so pissed when they automatically switched it for me. I actually sent them multiple nasty emails.

I don't like the design. It no longer displays my items in which I am an old school independent seller. Never was or will be for me.

The background is like all solid white. There is not contrast to for the eyes to have the buyer move to the side bars to sort through my carious categories etc.

It sucks and I opted out. However, with eBay unfortunately. It seems like you only have so long to opt out before they force you to use their new version.

I don't know who the Major shareholders are of eBay stock. But you would think for their core eBay business they would vote Donahue out for being such a damn idiot. As much as I hated Whitman I would take her back in a nano second.

As much as Carl Icon is a shyster he is a smart one. He probably knows Donahue is a damn moron.

Last edited by vogeltron; 05-27-2014 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-29-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler87 View Post
don't know how! don't know why! but here's my story

On my main account I've been selling really well, more than I've ever managed before and I've been getting 30+ Sales everyday for the past 40 days running, good days have been above 50 and I've had 2 bad days where we had really nice weather and got only 25 sales,

4 days ago I clicked on the link to manage my eBay store and advertised was the new eBay shop, fresh new look, i checked it out and it looks abit better than old one with bigger pictures and link and the top so buyers can follow you, anyway I changed to it as it looks good,

Within the 4 days i noticed a few problems with it, it was showing ending soonest when buyers first come to my store even though it's set as best match, and when people viewed my store from mobile it brings them to the store but it's zoomed in at one of my listings rather than opening up and and showing the full page as it should, there was a few other little things that didn't seem to be working with it also.

After 2 days i noticed my sales were down slightly but thought nothing of it as you get them every now and then, then yesterday I got my lowest sales ever I only 8 sales all day, i was hoping it was cos people were going away for bank holiday. Anyway today sales were bad again, up until 10pm I have sold 6 all day, really concerned now i check my rankings for my listings, my best seller has gone from rank 45 to 148 and all others have gone down.

Trying to think why this has happened and what changes have happened lately and there is none, no open cases still trs and 100% positive feedback, not revised a listing for weeks and only thing I can think of is that i changed my store to ebays new updated one, surely changing my store can't have such an affect with my sales and best match ranking??

I've just switched back to the older version of the store at (10:15pm) as there seemed too many things not working with it and within 4 mins I get a sale, 5 mins later i sell another, 11pm and I've made 8 sales from 5 buyers!! what the hell?? I'm making money again, but confused as to what's going on.

not posted on here for a while but thought i would share this to see what others have got to say about it or if anyone is having the same problem.
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, what products do you sell?

Thanks/
Old 05-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow View Post
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, what products do you sell?

Thanks/
Not a question that we ask normally here on the forums