Can't verify "identity" with phone # - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-24-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Can't verify "identity" with phone #

Cliffnotes: Paypal holding x amount of balance for 21 days because my "identity needs to be verified"

---
account already has been confirmed - NO limit on cashout amount - linked credit card and bank account.

But cant "verify identity" with my phone.

Tried verifying with my GV phone#, tried not using GV (straight to phone with no forward), tried using as a home#, tried using as mobile#, tried using as work#.

No one on the planet uses landlines anymore. This is such a stupid way to verify someones identity.

The next option - and only other option - was the last 4 of my SS# linked to my mailing address, which did not work to "Verify" me either.

No other options! Only "We cannot verify your identity." No option for ID scans, utility bill, etc, which I would happily provide.

Id be willing to call them if someone thinks that would help, but i doubt it would.

Thanks all. Enjoy the weekend!

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-24-2014 at 08:16 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Can't verify "identity" with phone #

Hate to bring bad news to you but..............

if paypal wants a landline, and you want to use paypal, then play their game.

If you use SEARCH, look for posts by the below user. He offers a solution....

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - View Profile: Dmshark25

Good Luck

Old 05-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Yeah i know it's a pretty common issue... My last acct did not have this issue at all. I plugged in my cellphone # and it just worked, even though it shouldnt have

thanks for the post, enjoy your weekend~
Old 05-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yeah, that's the problem.

Some accounts get the issue.

Others do not.
Old 05-25-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

This is a hard obstacle and there is no definite way around it

The best thing to do is to learn why u have received It so u can avoid getting this verification on other accounts

They usually ask for this when you make a sudden change like add a new bank account and make a withdrawal

Or you may of logged in from a computer you normally do not use so with a strange IP

I rarely ever have a problem with paypal , never needed to wait 180 days from a limitation and operated over 100 accounts in 2 years and I believe the biggest key is to operate paypal from the same computer, from it's designated up user account with a good IP, in my opinion this is the key and will eliminate 99% of issues with paypal

There are many good remote programs to operate ur home computer from anywhere from another computer, phone, and tablet. LOGMEIN is what I use , so your able to operate from one computer at all times

As far as getting passed ur sue now , there is no set answer, sometimes trying from different phone numbers may work at certain times, or try calling in when all else fails u may get a rep willing to help
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
hapajenn1 (06-01-2014), rsot (05-25-2014)
Old 05-25-2014

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
This is a hard obstacle and there is no definite way around it

The best thing to do is to learn why u have received It so u can avoid getting this verification on other accounts

They usually ask for this when you make a sudden change like add a new bank account and make a withdrawal

Or you may of logged in from a computer you normally do not use so with a strange IP

I rarely ever have a problem with paypal , never needed to wait 180 days from a limitation and operated over 100 accounts in 2 years and I believe the biggest key is to operate paypal from the same computer, from it's designated up user account with a good IP, in my opinion this is the key and will eliminate 99% of issues with paypal

There are many good remote programs to operate ur home computer from anywhere from another computer, phone, and tablet. LOGMEIN is what I use , so your able to operate from one computer at all times

As far as getting passed ur sue now , there is no set answer, sometimes trying from different phone numbers may work at certain times, or try calling in when all else fails u may get a rep willing to help
I'm a little confused, sounds like the OP is trying to get out of the 21 day hold policy.

My advice, is don't ever try with a stealth account. Let them have their 21 days, it's a small inconvenience but keeps you out of their microscope.

Now on situations where paypal insist that you verify your phone number before letting you withdrawal (which does happen on rare occasion), try some alternatives.

I've encountered this a fair amount of times on accounts that are limited or on life support (example, a suspended ebay account and you want to get your money out of paypal).

Many times if you try to withdrawal too much money it'll set off the trigger to verify your phone (google voice will never work btw). Try messing around with the amount you're trying to deposit into your bank, try to withdrawal a low amount, many times that loophole has worked for me. If that doesn't work, get creative. Try making purchases, and if it lets you make purchases, then you can get creative some more to get your money.
Old 05-25-2014
Threadstarter  

i appreciate the thoughtful replies.
Old 05-27-2014

Longevity: 57%

Same thing happened to me today. I went to confirm my phone # through text (Just for ****s and giggles) waited 15 minutes nothing... another 15 minutes minutes nothing. Stupid prepaid.. What gives?
Old 05-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE Matthew View Post
Same thing happened to me today. I went to confirm my phone # through text (Just for ****s and giggles) waited 15 minutes nothing... another 15 minutes minutes nothing. Stupid prepaid.. What gives?
Well i noticed that gv is no longer forwarding those texts. tried 3-4 times didnt work any of those times
then pluuged in generic burner cell# (no forwarding) and got the text immediately
Old 05-27-2014

Longevity: 59%

You guys may all think I'm insane, but I have a working tracfone for each one of my stealth accounts....yes, 35 phones...and yes, I have to buy minutes for each twice a year, but it saves me so many headaches....I mean, if a stealth account won't support $40 per year in minutes, well, you get my point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
plumsake2 (06-01-2014), rsot (05-27-2014)
Old 06-01-2014

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via Skype™ to Nyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
You guys may all think I'm insane, but I have a working tracfone for each one of my stealth accounts....yes, 35 phones...and yes, I have to buy minutes for each twice a year, but it saves me so many headaches....I mean, if a stealth account won't support $40 per year in minutes, well, you get my point.
I use to use tracphone but sometimes the txt didnt come in after 15 min or the calls didnt come thru.. Now I use Verizon Pre-paid phones and I always get the calls & txt from Paypal
Old 06-01-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Same here. I don't have quite that many, but I do have what's basically a A tracfone corner of my house where I keep them all. Charging them is such a chore but it's definitely worth it.

Nyco, what is the pricing like for those Verizon phones? The reason why I go with Tracfone is the price, but I do usually have a similar problem as you did - texts taking forever to arrive.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
Nyco (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
Same here. I don't have quite that many, but I do have what's basically a A tracfone corner of my house where I keep them all. Charging them is such a chore but it's definitely worth it.

Nyco, what is the pricing like for those Verizon phones? The reason why I go with Tracfone is the price, but I do usually have a similar problem as you did - texts taking forever to arrive.

The Verizon Phones run about 12.xx after tax i forget the change, but yea I have a pile of prepaid phones as well lol ( common problem i see ) i use a power strip when time to charge!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyco For This Useful Post:
plumsake2 (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014

Same thing here, it doesn't always come through with my tracfone. (Has not come through at all yet)
Old 06-01-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post

to all reading this, I too bought a TracPhone because I heard great things about it on this forum --
BUT I tried to receive a text to verify PP -- and i tried 2x but a text never came through.. ?? is this a regular thing that text cannot reach the TracPhone ? I didn't pay for the minutes btw only used the initial 10 min that comes free with the phone but I had 9 minutes remaining.
Old 06-02-2014

Longevity: 64%

Is the signal strength good where you guys are? Tracfone's reception is pretty bad in certain parts of my house (at times I'll have 1 or no bars) and if I'm in those areas I won't get any texts, but moving to a different area in my house usually fixes the problem.

It's fine that you didn't add airtime - you should still be able to get texts.

Last edited by plumsake2; 06-02-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-04-2014

@ HAPAJENN1 I had the same problem with the tracfones didnt get p.p calls or text to verify account so I switched to Verizon prepaid phones and now I always get paypals calls and text.. verizon phones run a little bit more $12.55 after tax and Walmart in my area
Old 06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Hate to bring bad news to you but..............

if paypal wants a landline, and you want to use paypal, then play their game.

If you use SEARCH, look for posts by the below user. He offers a solution....

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - View Profile: Dmshark25

Good Luck

What post are you referring to I can't find it can you link me?
Old 06-12-2014

I have 35 tracfones in my house. I have never had a problem regarding ebay or paypal due to them...if you didn't get a text from paypal or ebay, you must have junk reception. They have always served me well, and for $15, I don;t know why anyone would do any thing else like forwarding or whatever?
Old 06-13-2014

Quote:
how do you swing $40 per year for each line?
isn't the $20 refill card only good for 90 days?
Old 01-30-2015

Longevity: 53%

just use Skype number, listed as Work

works all the time for me
Old 01-30-2015

Longevity: 76%

Well I gave up on PayPal at least for now. Thankfully I can live on affiliate income I started building up last year when times were great. Right now building 3 sites promote new affiliate offers. Downsizing on servers as no longer need more than 1. I am hopeful year from now I see this as good thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjohnson777 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-30-2015)