changing home adress, phone number, internet provider etc ENOUGH? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default changing home adress, phone number, internet provider etc ENOUGH?

Thank you for taking the time to look at my first post.

After having my account suspended 3 times over the past few years. I realized I was repeating my mistakes. I am determined to get my product back on ebay and have made many sacrifices to do so. I opened an account on Aug 21, however made a mistake by not researching ebay suspensions before opening the account. Im trying to make up for it now (2days later).
After reading the "Final eBay Suspension / Suspended Account Guide" by Aspkin I felt uncertain that had done things correctly.

I opened the account with my girl friend who has never had an operational account with eBay. We both agreed to use her banking information hoping they would not link her account to mine.

These are some of the measures we took to reduce the chances of me getting suspended once more and some questions we have.

We made the decision to move 20 miles away. We also decided to get a new internet provider (timewarner instead of at&t) and a new router.

Can they link my old account to my new address?

Can my IP still be tracked?

I also recently added a secondary mobile line which has never been used with any of my previous suspended accounts. It is still linked to my primary account which is linked to my suspended information.
I use the standard greeting instead of my name. ( hopefully not forever)

Can they some how track my new cell phone number to my personal information? Do I need to worry about my greeting giving up my name when eBay or paypal calls me?

I never used turbo lister is. I just signed up for Auctivia

I use firefox to remove the cookies (clear private data before I log onto eBay)

When clearing cookies under tools and options some say should I uncheck “accept cookies from sites” but I cant log into sites like gmail. Others say I should accept cookies but ban eBay. If I ban eBay will this send a red flag?

We opened a new email with google and used to open a my eBay account but unknowingly linked my new eBay account with my paypal account using the same email.

We signed up for eBay and paypal using new email, gf’s bank account, and debit card. Does it matter if the eBay and paypal are linked. She has never had opened an account.

If eBay and paypal must not linked how can we receive a streamline payment from the customer? How do I ship to the customer?

Ive only listed one item so far and am trying to take it slow.

Ive made a lot a dramatic changes, I wish I had ran into this site before I made them. I just didnt want to risk it again.
Any advice will help

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-23-2008

Longevity: 91%

If you want a high-level overview of what you should do to correctly create new Fleebay/PP accounts, check this out. This "Final eBay Suspension / Suspended Account Guide" page is almost two years out of date.
If you want more detail, I seriously recommend you purchase the eBay Stealth ebook.
Old 08-24-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Moving for eBay is pretty extreme; I wish you would have found this forum sooner as well.

Basically Quasi_Mojo said it all, the guide you read is two years old, there have been many changes to eBay since then, and what I did was create a 40+ page eBook which is kept up to date called eBay Stealth. Read the forums more, you seem like you have the 'basic' idea and or try eBay Stealth to get all the information you need to create a new eBay account and keep it! Good luck!
Old 08-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

"Final eBay Suspension / Suspended Account Guide was the first thing I read when I searched for a guide: After reading the "Final eBay Suspension / Suspended Account Guide" by Aspkin I felt uncertain that had done things correctly.

I Will try the new guide you suggested.

If my gf banking information has never been used before with paypal or ebay i should be able to link the accounts right?
Old 08-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yes. If the information has NO association with either ebay or paypal it may be used.