Aol and your own browser - cookies? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-14-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Aol and your own browser - cookies?

I am registering multiple accounts with aol right now. I notice I am not deleting cookies from aol and everytime I log into ebay one of my newly registerd account names are still on aol. Not sure if this can be a possible death wish.

How do I make it so I automatically delete the cookies I am receiving from aol.

I have firefox- is there a way to integrate firefox to work with aol.

I think this tip may be a future life saver for me.

Thanks for the help- and aspkin- thank you for the forum and guide!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2007
Banned

If you cant integrate, create multiple aol.com accounts with multiple aol installations and then just click the appropriate one. All my installations are not linked in any way. Im on a mac, so check of course if this is not true for you on your computer.

My aol client goes through my airport thus every browser I load up is on the aol proxy. Firefox has auto delete everything on close. At the aol login screen you can setup aol to connect through different things. I think a wireless card might be the only way to have aol on all your browsers. Maybe if you have a router it is doable.

The simplest thing I could think of is just make separate aol installations with each aol account.
Old 07-14-2007
Threadstarter  

When you log into aol when you have a cable modem you can log in as a guest under your alias accounts- yes- I am worried about aol storing cookies on my computer- you can't just delete them like you can on explorer.

AOL has their own web browser when you log in- its not like I can just turn on aol and firefox comes in under the aol ip address, firefox has my real ip address-

So the question I am worried about is aol storing cookies that will get me in trouble down the road with ebay?

How can I run firefox using the aol service on my cable modem with a new ip address everytime I log in?

thanks in advance for your response
Old 07-14-2007
Banned

If you are using one aol installation without deleting cookies you are screwed. All the accounts you created will link together. Now as long as you havent also logged onto a suspended account you will be fine. Although forever more your new accounts will all be linked (the ones you have logged into through aol without deleting cookies)

Modee, I tested on 2 pc's of friends and it seems that just opening up a browser while AOL is running doesn't do it. I remember when I had a PC years ago it worked. Seems you might have to play with the aol settings to get it to work if you aren't on a mac airport.
Old 07-14-2007
Threadstarter  

so how do you delete cookies through aol browser?
Old 07-14-2007
Banned

Preferences
Old 07-14-2007

Longevity: 98%

In AOL 9.0 VR click the icon "Settings" in the toolbar then under the letter "I" click Internet Web options>

Click the tab "Clear my footsteps" - use every button
Then to the right click the link "use internet explorer settings" then clear everything thru there.

You should do this when you sign on to AOL and then after you are done with Ebay or Paypal then do it again.

Then close AOL completely, double click the icon to start again, follow the steps above.. go to next ebay/paypal account repeat.

Simple
Old 07-14-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

i also have a question about AOL regarding the IP that assigns ?
when i use my ISP (DSL) my IP --->in my region but with AOL my IP ---> in virginia far 3 state from where i am .
is this happening to everbody ?
or they create the accounts Ebay/Paypal in the ip location assigned with AOL.
i use My IP Information

thank you .
Old 07-14-2007
Banned

huh? It doesn't matter where you are in America for your ebay address and all if you use AOL. Everyone is like that on AOL.
Old 07-15-2007

Default Cookies and aol

When I clear cookies from my aol address does it also clear cookies from everyone else's addresses also, or do I have to go into each email address and clear their cookies separately? When I clear cookies in aol does it also clear cookies in internet explorer? I have saved some auctions in favorite places for reference, would they have cookies, or should I delete them?
Old 07-15-2007

Yes I get the same thing and I am in Pa.
Old 07-15-2007
Banned

Cookies are per browser/installation. If you have a second aol installation you'll have to delete cookies for the other account, if they are all in one aol installation then just delete it that way. I prefer to have 1 aol installation per account. Deleting cookies inside the aol client will not delete cookies from another browser.
Old 07-15-2007
Banned

Thats very true because when I have firefox open and I'm logged into some account, when I open up internet explorer I have to re log in to the same account that I'm already logged into.
Old 08-15-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Are you ppl using trial versions to log into aol for free or something? I don't understand why some here are using this just to get a different ip. You can do simply change your ip address on your own.