will bank call paypal to check on my similar name? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-22-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default will bank call paypal to check on my similar name?

alll bad all badddd all bad

Last edited by okay; 04-22-2014 at 11:57 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: will bank call paypal to check on my similar name?

I am not fully understanding the issue. Can you spell it out a little better please?
Old 06-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 61%

Ok I'm not gonna let my thread rot away in confusion.

So, what happened on that day..

First of all I was having ACH reversals from my 'online only savings bank' acct.
All of a sudden my bank was stopping my withdrawing to my registered prepay debit card, they said they did not like my transferring my money to such a card and I will have to use a real bank account, instead.

Long story short, they wouldn't talk over the phone so sent a letter to an address I no longer lived at but after some time got a-hold of the letter. The letter explained the reason why my withdraws were being reversed. When I read it all it said was about the security in protecting my acct, blah..

Well, I was afraid of the acct in general, I mean I opened it over the phone, got approved and never asked me to mail-in identification and, on top of all this I had moved and needed to update my address with them and, on top of ALL that, my ppal being in a similar name... I was really choking up, sweating while I was on the phone with my bank lol how they kept putting me on hold for seemed like long periods of time while I'm sitting there thinking how this could be turning into a risk-assesment.. heck I even got disconnected while I was on hold because I called with my GV number on wi-fi and the throughout the conversation was getting choppy and well it wasn't looking real good I thought so, here's the funny part , upon getting disconnected I thought to myself oh-my-god, I'm going to hurry up and call them back and just break it to 'em and let them know why I my ppal acct is in another name!

Yeah

It just felt like the only right thing to do since their is nothing foul going on. You see, when they were putting me on hold I was thinking they were calling ppal about my name mismatch. So when I called back and got connected I spilled the beans with them. I told them how ppal and eB is my bread and water only income and how they suspend people for no real reasons at all and I was one of those people and I asked him if he understood this and if he really knew what I was talking about lol and then I began to feel like I was trying to cover something up and I think, I even asked him to please not to call ppal it would ruin my life. His reply sounded like he was a little shocked to hear this story and seemed kinda skeptical while trying to keep it short and professional while telling me 'okay..I understand..is that all, sir?'

After he transferred me to another agent so I can update my new address, I was still worried I was gonna be toasted after all this.

About a week ago I get a letter from the bank, it was copy of a page that they include in the forms you have to sign and return to them, about the kind of information that they can share and what they can't share .

So their you have it. Mismatch/Similar names whether with ppal or not, if it comes down to your bank questioning your business activity, explain to them like I did. And, maybe someday the ones that frown at this will let you last longer

Last edited by okay; 06-12-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Uhhh no.. you will probably find you got lucky with a rep on the phone who didnt care for your story.
Because banks do not like you receiving funds in a name other than that on the account.
One day they will cut ties with you and you will be left with no account.

There is all sorts for a bank to worry about when you receive funds in another name..
Stop giving out your reasons and tactics to easily to any one who will listen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
okay (06-12-2014)
Old 06-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Bank can question deposits if stealth names - really depends on bank vs. amounts coming in vs. frequency.

I have been questioned and - yes, have had problems in the past.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
okay (06-12-2014)
Old 06-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I just open business accounts. No problems with this. Stop using prepaid bank accounts. They are mostly for people with bad bank history.

I would say, you got lucky. Maybe next time you wont be.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
okay (06-12-2014)