Opening a new bank account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-22-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Opening a new bank account

Can I open a new bank account say, for my Dad with only a SSN or do I need something else?

You see, he doesn't have a license or anything. He doesn't drive. Also, the Paypal account I have is in his name. I tried using my Bank Account, but National City of Kentucky would not verify the deposit, I assume because it was not in my name.

I didn't think that mattered, by what others on here told me. But, apparently it does. So, please someone give me some clarity on what I can do here.

I need to get a bank account with his name I guess because depositing into mine didn't work.

We do have an Ebay account, working fine. Money in Paypal but I need to get that account verified.

Thanks so much!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

If a photo ID (usually doesn't have to be a driver's license) is required to open a checking account, you should be able to get one for your Dad at the "Circuit Court Clerk's Office in your county of residence".

Quote:
Identification Card (ID)
* An ID card must be obtained at the Circuit Court Clerk's Office in your county of residence.
* An ID card may be obtained for a person age 15 and over.
* Birth Certificate, Social Security Card and proof of residency are required.
* The cost of the ID is $12.00 and valid for four years.
Division of Driver Licensing - KY Driver License/ID Card and General Information
Basic Requirements for opening a checking account:
In addition to the basic contact information like name, address and phone number:
# Social Security Number for each signer
# Driver’s license or state-issued ID number, issue date and expiration date for each signer
# Account and routing numbers from a current account for transferring money into this new account

If your Dad has no plans on using PayPal or Fleebay himself, then go ahead and open a checking account in his name. Then attach that checking account to PayPal.
Hopefully, your Dad won't take the money and run. You could probably open the account in both your names.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 08-22-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-22-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxtonmarley View Post
Can I open a new bank account say, for my Dad with only a SSN or do I need something else?

You see, he doesn't have a license or anything. He doesn't drive. Also, the Paypal account I have is in his name. I tried using my Bank Account, but National City of Kentucky would not verify the deposit, I assume because it was not in my name.

I didn't think that mattered, by what others on here told me. But, apparently it does. So, please someone give me some clarity on what I can do here.

I need to get a bank account with his name I guess because depositing into mine didn't work.

We do have an Ebay account, working fine. Money in Paypal but I need to get that account verified.

Thanks so much!!!
just get a debit card like accountnow ect. it works just like a bank and no id needed all u need is a vaild ssn and matching info
Old 08-22-2008

Send a message via MSN to eledolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxtonmarley View Post
I tried using my Bank Account, but National City of Kentucky would not verify the deposit, I assume because it was not in my name.

You mean your bank did not accept the deposits? Perhaps you want to check with your bank what happened to the deposits. Has anyone faced the same problem?

It's most likely a problem on your bank side. If you have another bank account with a different bank, perhaps you could try verifying again since people in the US have reported being able to verify the deposits despite different names.
Old 08-27-2008
Threadstarter  

Default Update

No, apparently, my bank would not accept the deposit. I have not called them, but I am sure that is what happened. The account is not in my Dad's name, so I assumed that they would not accept the deposits because of this. All I really want to do is get an account so that I can get it verified. After that, I'll just withdraw the money via debit card, so there is no money going through the bank.

What I was wandering is if I open a checking account through WaMu in my name, can I open a savings account or something in my Dad's name online as well. So, that when Paypal deposits money into the account it will be accepted. That is all I need to know.

Please advise...
Cindy
Old 08-27-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
Does your dad have a US Passport?
If he receives Social Security checks--he can also request direct deposit to the new acct-thats usually a really good incentive to open an acct.
For yourself--I dunno, it seems any accts I use work.
Does your address match?
Are you certain about the Routing number matching?
Also- I noticed this week-with my USAA + Credit union accts fro Verification--that the checking acct number differs by 2 digits from the sav acct, but it appeared different on the My Accounts screen,
After calling them, then Paypal verified with a new PP ACCT--
Btw-- This new pp acct is WAY DIFF than ANYTHING on my credit union accts-
::: So_ This tells me that they still Verifiy accs, No Matter the names..
Good luck
Old 08-27-2008
Threadstarter  

Default To Ebayhateluv... (or anyone else that has advice)!!!

Okay... No the address on the Paypal account doesn't match with what is on file at the bank... Maybe that was the problem...

So, what I think I should do is go to WaMu, open an account and make it match with the address I have on file with Paypal. It is an actual address where I can get the mail, etc. Just not my actual mailing address. I have been told by many members here that WaMu will let the deposit go through my account, even with his name.

I just had a nightmare with Paypal a while ago where they held about 1K of my money for six months. I did get it, but can't open a new account in my name, obviously.

So, this is about my last resort... Ebay is making me use Paypal and I cannot get this account verified. I am ready to scream. I really don't want my Dad's money mixed up with this, you know? I just want an account where it can be verified and all.

HELP!!!
Old 08-27-2008

You might want to consider Modee's one-on-one support.
Old 08-27-2008
Threadstarter  

That is what he keeps saying... However, I don't have any other problems with anything except this. I have read forum after forum, for over a year now. I am just wanting to get this account verified, that's all!
Old 08-27-2008

What about the information I posted in Post #2?
Opening the checking account in both your names would give you complete access to it. And only his name needs to be associated with PP.
Old 08-27-2008
Threadstarter  

I see. He's about 4 hrs. away from me. That is why I am wanting to know if I can go to WaMu online, open up a checking account and letting them deposit that way, since it is working for everyone else... Or, opening up a savings account for my Dad and letting them deposit into savings. As long as the inital deposit works, I will then take money out via the debit card. You see?