Couple questions about cell phone - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Couple questions about cell phone

First I need a link to the best phone to purchase for cell phone verification. This will lead to confirming identity to release the PayPal 21 day hold. NOT Ebay. As well as being able to check out in store.
Second, How to use that phone such as which is the cheapest option and which card to go with it. Thanks so much. Please help answer I look all around the forum and no one helps
I am Not looking for an expensive phone just a disposable really cheap phone.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Couple questions about cell phone

There it is again. The second time I'm hearing about verifying your phone to bypass the 21 day holds and I think this is if u are getting holds on non eBay transactions.

I think your not getting much help because this option is either very rare or it is something new and the option may not be given to every account

I have yet to have any hold on non eBay based sales, and I know others here who never had holds on funds from outside sales as well

But if I were to give you my best answer to this its like other paypals "verify your location through your phone" security measure, and like the rest there really is no one solution and one best answer

What paypal is looking for here is does your phone number match your name and address that is found in public records

And landlines are typically the best type of phone to be able to register to your name and address and become part of your public record, also your public records are formed overtime and not in real time

So just by purchasing any phone and adding that to paypal normally won't instantly be found in public records matching your name and address

Normally it takes 2-3 months, if you ever answered identity questions for eBay or a credit card company what ever, they will often ask ur name address and BDAY and plug that into there database to get public record questions

And if u pay attention they usually ask if you have been at the address that u have given for at least 3 months , because that's how long it generally takes to become part of ur public record

So even though they are looking for a public record match and this is probably not good for stealth , members here have been known to randomly pass this verification using basically any phone at any time

I must of heard many answers to this question so , it must randomly pass , sometimes with trac phone, others with go phone, and sometimes even GVOICE
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Klemantina (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
There it is again. The second time I'm hearing about verifying your phone to bypass the 21 day holds and I think this is if u are getting holds on non eBay transactions.

I think your not getting much help because this option is either very rare or it is something new and the option may not be given to every account

I have yet to have any hold on non eBay based sales, and I know others here who never had holds on funds from outside sales as well

But if I were to give you my best answer to this its like other paypals "verify your location through your phone" security measure, and like the rest there really is no one solution and one best answer

What paypal is looking for here is does your phone number match your name and address that is found in public records

And landlines are typically the best type of phone to be able to register to your name and address and become part of your public record, also your public records are formed overtime and not in real time

So just by purchasing any phone and adding that to paypal normally won't instantly be found in public records matching your name and address

Normally it takes 2-3 months, if you ever answered identity questions for eBay or a credit card company what ever, they will often ask ur name address and BDAY and plug that into there database to get public record questions

And if u pay attention they usually ask if you have been at the address that u have given for at least 3 months , because that's how long it generally takes to become part of ur public record

So even though they are looking for a public record match and this is probably not good for stealth , members here have been known to randomly pass this verification using basically any phone at any time

I must of heard many answers to this question so , it must randomly pass , sometimes with trac phone, others with go phone, and sometimes even GVOICE
There is a guy on the forum who gives me a number and I add it on and it confirms identity and confirms phone is there any option like that? How does it not happen to your accounts?
Old 06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post

So they check if the phone number matches the ID? how do i check if my friends phone number is already in some data base(he bought the number 6 monthes ago)?
Old 06-27-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashawn View Post
There is a guy on the forum who gives me a number and I add it on and it confirms identity and confirms phone is there any option like that? How does it not happen to your accounts?
I just never get holds on non eBay payments but every eBay payment I have the hold until 3 days after tracking is marked delivered

But now I have just seen the screen shot of confirm your ID and all pending funds will be released, it didn't say pending funds from non eBay transactions would be released but all pending funds, pretty neat, but with stealth it's a near impossible work around