Need Confirmation Advise - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-03-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Need Confirmation Advise

I have recently had a number of accounts linked and subsequently suspended on both mine and and my mothers name.

However I am able to change my

Change my IP address

Download and use mozilla instead of Internet explorer + do all the neccessary in the privacy options

Use a new Bank account and Credit card to make a new paypal account

Use a new address and confirmation telephone number for Ebay and Paypal, oen which concurs with my new Credit and Bank accounts

However I cannot change my name !

Does anyone know if Ebay or Paypal link suspended account by last names or even first names ?

Your help would be much obliged.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Just make everything different. You are not who you are. Your name is John Smith.
Old 09-04-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
3. New ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Name (LLC/DBA etc..)

You can use any name your want really. I like to use funny names; I often use names from [site no longer active]. The only time it matters to use your real name is if you're accepting checks or MO. Then just use a variation of your name.
2008 EBay Suspension Guide (Basic Step-by-Step)
Old 09-04-2008

Longevity: 92%

Well basically you're probably being linked by your names and combination of ip address being the same. While you might be able to changer your logical ip address you're most likely not able to change your external IP address which is provided by your ISP. A lot of people claim to change their IP address, but their external or Router IP address which connects out to the web remains the same. Their is a possibility that it could be changed if you released your ip address and wait a long period of time maybe days or weeks and then power back on. The only way this would work is because your ISP gives you an IP address out of a pool they have and when you release it if someone else picks it up then when you renew or your address you would be given another out of the pool. The thing is we don't know for sure how the ISP determines this, it is possible since you're paying for a broadband connection that they always reserve the same IP address for you and in that case no matter what you did your external IP would always be the same.
Old 09-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

You don't actually need to go and change your name by deed poll or whatever it's called in the US, it's just an assumed identity, the name can be anything, bugs bunny will do if it takes your fancy.