Am I going to have to take Paypal to court? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Am I going to have to take Paypal to court?

So heres the deal. I sold a gift card on ebay that had $500 on it. Sold it for like $400 or so and the guy emails me immediately saying there was nothing on the card (BS) so I look into it and find out they put a freeze on the account for "suspecious activity" my guess is the guy is trying to pull some crap. I am sent another card and since I have the card he tells me he wants a refund. I dont want to deal with him so I oblige. He keeps demanding that I send it with paypal and for that reason I told him I would be sending him a check. About a few weeks ago he opens a chageback. Paypal takes the money from my account and such. So I send them a picture of the check which i received back showing he has cashed the check. On it, it states what its for that its a refund and sorry for the inconvience. They are still telling me I need to add money to my account so that it is not negative. The guy is basically trying to say that paypal fought for me and I lost. There is no way in hell this is true. Im going to call the guy and threaten him saying I will take him to court for credit card fraud and see how that plays. But I wonder if I should sue paypal for lying because I have heard lots of stories like this. People saying paypal never actually fought a chargeback because they sent in pages of documents but paypal didnt care and still wanted money. Any thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-06-2008

Longevity: 92%

you would have to go through arbitration from my past understanding. Find an attorney that would here the story but make sure you don't leave nothing out even though you think it would be against you. But you cannot go to court from reading the paypal agreement. But i would rather take the other party to court instead because it would be easier fought, if he registered with his real info that is. But i have a question, why did you send him a check?
Old 08-29-2008

Longevity: 91%
Default Should I sue PP for stealing my money?

I have an old PP account linked to suspended Ebay account that I remain using on occasions. This PP is tied to my old checking, so whenever I buy using PP on the Internet, the amount is deducted from my checking. PP got my SS and everything on this one...
It just happened that the other day I noticed few charges that I never made, on top of few that I really did make ....so I called PayPal to complain about the fraudulent ones. There were 2 of them, but only one was actually fraudulent and the other I forgot about. So PayPal told me they would temporary limit my account until I change my passwords and replace a cc on record....So now they issued charge back for everything; the correct charges and the fraugelent ones. It didn't matter that I had to talk to three different people over there and had to explain every one of them separately which charges were correct and which ones were not.

So, now, I got back credit for everything, except one..............It was actually some subscription that I forgot to cancel on time and got charged for the 1st month. I call PayPal again ask them why they did this, told them I never received refund for that one, but they say I need to call (Terapeak), since it is subscription and I have to cancel with them. I was ready to "swallow" this original charge because of my stupidity for not reading the small print and just did not want any future charges. I go to Terapeak live-chat, and they say that PP issued a charge back and now she is all mad at me as she says that was not necessary and I didn't have to ask PP for "drastic measures".. I tried to explain I had some fraudulent charges among the good ones, but PP just treated them all the same...

She said that PP took that money back and that it must be now in my account. So, now I go back into my PP, and money is not there and was never refunded to my checking like the rest of transactions... It is not much, but I still wonder where is the money than? Terapeak says PP 's got it and PP says I need to clear this out with TErapeak..

I have the whole dialog , live-chat with Terapeak saved, and they claim PayPal has my money..Any suggestions what should I do? Maybe if I call PayPal again they will remember to credit me with this money? Thanks..
Old 08-29-2008

Longevity: 91%

sorry, didn't mean to post twice.
Old 09-03-2008

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
I have an old PP account linked to suspended Ebay account that I remain using on occasions. This PP is tied to my old checking, so whenever I buy using PP on the Internet, the amount is deducted from my checking. PP got my SS and everything on this one...
It just happened that the other day I noticed few charges that I never made, on top of few that I really did make ....so I called PayPal to complain about the fraudulent ones. There were 2 of them, but only one was actually fraudulent and the other I forgot about. So PayPal told me they would temporary limit my account until I change my passwords and replace a cc on record....So now they issued charge back for everything; the correct charges and the fraugelent ones. It didn't matter that I had to talk to three different people over there and had to explain every one of them separately which charges were correct and which ones were not.

So, now, I got back credit for everything, except one..............It was actually some subscription that I forgot to cancel on time and got charged for the 1st month. I call PayPal again ask them why they did this, told them I never received refund for that one, but they say I need to call (Terapeak), since it is subscription and I have to cancel with them. I was ready to "swallow" this original charge because of my stupidity for not reading the small print and just did not want any future charges. I go to Terapeak live-chat, and they say that PP issued a charge back and now she is all mad at me as she says that was not necessary and I didn't have to ask PP for "drastic measures".. I tried to explain I had some fraudulent charges among the good ones, but PP just treated them all the same...

She said that PP took that money back and that it must be now in my account. So, now I go back into my PP, and money is not there and was never refunded to my checking like the rest of transactions... It is not much, but I still wonder where is the money than? Terapeak says PP 's got it and PP says I need to clear this out with TErapeak..

I have the whole dialog , live-chat with Terapeak saved, and they claim PayPal has my money..Any suggestions what should I do? Maybe if I call PayPal again they will remember to credit me with this money? Thanks..
Thank you for sharing this with us.
I would keep stressing paypal...they have to get to a point to say...yeah ok this person has the proof that he/she is right.

This, once again confirms what I thought about making my own "game Plan" which is coming out pretty nicely.