Mad Buyer Says 'this one will go on my record for sure.' - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Mad Buyer Says 'this one will go on my record for sure.'

I have a mad buyer due to my shipping the item out 4 days late. item was advertised for free same-day expedited shipping, also. Buyer never contacted me asking me whats going on and straight up opened a eB case.

Tracking was updated and I haven't answered to the case nor the buyer yet. The next day the buyer messaged me commenting about when he should of already received the item by now and hasn't and that this one will go on my record for sure.. and..I owe him a discount for sure.. and..not to advertise expedited shipping on my page because its not true.

Item is a couple hundred dollars and I guess I'm willing to refund whole amount but, how can I at least TRY to stop mad buyer giving me the low fb/dsr? Looking at his credibility been a member since 2003 and likes to give detailed feedback ratings. Even has written reviews on his about me page

I do care about my 100% ratings. Especially when I have been getting first top half in best match results.

If I'm going to give this complainer all my money and even let him keep the item, isn't their a chance?

Last edited by okay; 07-13-2014 at 04:14 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Mad Buyer Says 'this one will go on my record for sure.'

Well you have no guarantee against a bad rating on this at all.
The you need to make the buyer feel like you care and offer him the price you paid on postage as an incentive and/or a free gift.

I would not give the buyer the full value of the item since you say its a few hundred $$
as you never know if this is why the buyer is doing this in the first place.

Ebay will show that the item is signed for or not since you added tracking, but if you even refund the full amount he can still leave you a bad rating.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
okay (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014
Banned

Longevity: 68%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

Honestly, I would step back for a few and not let this bother you

continue forward being polite and "understanding" of the customer, and offer a small discount to protect your ratings.

Im actually horrible at this and have dug my own grave a few times in the past while trying to "keep it real." DONT DO IT. It will most certainly go wrong.
Old 07-13-2014
Threadstarter  

I agree, a full refund is out of the question. It is like buying gifts for a girl you just met.

Making a Mad buyer feel importantly 'special' and with a free gift for the shipping delay and some sorta small discount is more sense. But he thinks I owe him a discount 'for sure', he says. And, I strongly feel that this is just the way he thinks (not intentional).
I have looked at his page and know what kind of person I am dealing with. An older stern man in his 60's - He's got his own mug shot on his about-me and seriousness is written all over his face. The kind of man that expects a real answer - a real excuse to a any problem. 'WHY is MY package LATE, sir?!?'

But yeah I think I need to address something as to why I have taken so long to deliver especially, when I have advertised (lied?) free same-day expedited shippin. I mean, when items are late they wonder where and why and like mentioned, this ones a talkative-detailed-nitpicker.

Last edited by okay; 07-13-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2014

Longevity: 59%

IMO if you give this guy a 25% refund, he should be doing cartwheels, I would.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
okay (07-13-2014), TGMT² (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
IMO if you give this guy a 25% refund, he should be doing cartwheels, I would.
EXACTLY!!

Took a whole day for me to realize who he is. Here's another dead give-away. He's a golfer. Their should be no problems.

Last edited by okay; 07-13-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2014
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

I agree! 25% ($50) of a $200. item is a Very substantial discount for late shipping and should resolve the problem.

If it was me, I would call my customer with my best award winning personality and apologize with a well thought out excuse on why it was shipped late.

Anyway, it is important to protect your rating, especially when this one appears to be your fault.

_

Last edited by TGMT²; 07-13-2014 at 05:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
okay (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Very good help for me, TGMT that's what I'm talking about! The kind of customer and how to deal with it.
Old 07-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Ask yourself what happened to the delayed shipping too.

Try to avoid this for the next sportsman.

Old 07-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

People have emergencies all the time that prevent them from being able to ship stuff out on time. Who says you did not have something like this happen to you? And be apologetic.
Old 07-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

If the buyer directly threatened to leave negative feedback if a refund is not issued, I believe this is a case of ebay feedback extortion.
"The buyer isn't allowed to threaten to use Feedback or detailed seller ratings in an attempt to force a seller into providing:
Goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or purchase price.
A return, refund, or replacement item."

I have had plenty of feedbacks removed as a result of this policy. I would suggest you see if this qualifies for you.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...extortion.html
Old 07-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Without calling him on the phone, I ended up emailing the buyer a well crafted apology letter (courtesy of google). No need for a stupid excuse, instead I said the package appeared to have been misplaced in transit (I didn't blame anyone) and that all postal shipments are usually delivered next day. Threw in the 25% discount along with a 25$ egift card to an online retailer. The only problem can't access the funds until the buyer closes the case. Now I wonder if he is wondering when he will see the refund because he hasn't answered it, yet. He happened to receive the item about the same time I emailed the letter = Happy satisfied buyer, FOR SURE. But like I said, these type are thought out about their decisions, seriously. It's a Hole in one or the Bunker!

I didn't wanna mention to him anything further as to when I will send that refund ohhhh no I can kinda see a man on the phone and I'm like, 'psst, hey! Who you talkin to?' No one needs the phone for the resolution center!

...and was today a busy day! I killed it on sales this weekend! It's a fact - lots of good clear photos, a 30 day return policy with same-day free shipping will get you top charts.
Old 07-14-2014

Longevity: 58%

WTF? This one is easy..............

Just establish a pattern of writing to this guy and bait him into threatening to give you bad ratings if you don't give him a discount, accept a return, pay return shipping or some other matter. Then just let him slam you. Then.......report him and contact ebay in a whiny voice telling them about his feedback extortion. They will ask for the messages and see that he gave you an ultimatum of giving him something or else he would slam you. Then they will just remove it. Don't forget to block him.

Here is a line I have used before to bait a guy: "I don't think it is fair for you to give me a bad feedback when my listing says (no returns) or (buyer pays return shipping)(pick what applies)."

With a $200 item I guess he will go back and forth with you and if you play it right you can get him to say he will not negative FB you as long as you do what he says. BUT......what he says should be against ppolicy such as paying return shipping, taking a refund, giving a discount/refund....blah blah. You can find those in the feedback extortion part help pages.

If you set him up then just wait for the bad FB and screw him. No refund, return etc etc. You got him if you get that extortion quid pro quo taken care of before actually DOING what he wants.

Be sure this message is in ebay messaging and not just emails.

Not hard to do once you dig into it. Very good way to protect your accounts from dicks.

THIS IS MUCH EASIER IF IT IS A NOOB. EXPERIENCED BUYERS LIKE MYSELF WOULD NEVER GET SUCKERED.

Last edited by Lost in the Supermarket; 07-14-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2014

oh.........and you should print your postage right away so buyers can see it has been shipped. Actually mail it when you damn well please, and if they ask why nothing is showing up on the USPS tracking thingy then just give the duck salute and act even more confused they the buyer is.

(But mail on time if at all possible just so you dont' ahve to deal with buyers wondering where their stuff is after 3 days)
Old 07-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Tapatalk CAN go to hell! I just replied 2 paragraphs and it failed to post

But I gotta tell you.. Firstly, that is what I did, I printed the label, let it marinate like a crystal ball hoping for the usual naive buyer but he caught me off guard, went straight to the snibble department.

The settin him up is isn't what he deserves because I am the one that screwed-up, turning his anticipations into hopeless one. You see I claim to ship same-day (usually next day really) and it's been working well according to my feedback. So this was the deal-maker for my buyer, he purchased from me with a plan and a calculation per eB fast n free expected delivery date because the item was a neccessity (i cants spell) he made plans for on installation and had to be done by the weekend. I killed that for him.

It's that time - I'm dealing with a real serious buyer. And, hey it's no big deal I can handle real customer service. I hope.
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay View Post
It's that time - I'm dealing with a real serious buyer. And, hey it's no big deal I can handle real customer service. I hope.
Better to do that than inlove yourself in dick head methods mentioned.

Be professional. Dont waste time on slinging matches when you made the error.

Operate to keep the account(s) viable

Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
okay (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014
Banned

Longevity: 68%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

let it marinate like a crystal ball hoping for the usual naive buyer? what?
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I like the idea of partial shipping refund and professional courteous message - time and respect will allow for buyer to cool down and avoid neg feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
okay (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay View Post
Tapatalk CAN go to hell! I just replied 2 paragraphs and it failed to post

But I gotta tell you.. Firstly, that is what I did, I printed the label, let it marinate like a crystal ball hoping for the usual naive buyer but he caught me off guard, went straight to the snibble department.

The settin him up is isn't what he deserves because I am the one that screwed-up, turning his anticipations into hopeless one. You see I claim to ship same-day (usually next day really) and it's been working well according to my feedback. So this was the deal-maker for my buyer, he purchased from me with a plan and a calculation per eB fast n free expected delivery date because the item was a neccessity (i cants spell) he made plans for on installation and had to be done by the weekend. I killed that for him.

If you are asure you are the one at fault, and that he is not being unreasonable with allowing for a goof here and there on ebay, then take your pill and swallow it.

Seller and buyers both should realize ebay has more risk than other places. If they want better products and service they should go elsewhere. And pay more.

The discounted prices you get on ebay come with a price which is the risk of slow shipping, DOA items, and unprofessional sellers. Is he putting the entire burden of 100% performance on your shoulders?

As a side note, when people ask me to rush a shipment I ALWAYS tell them when I will ship it, but that I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT HAPPENS ONCE THE POST OFFICE GETS IT. Puts some buyers off but almost all of my past slow delivery problems were becasue I tried to help a brother out and get him his thing fast because he did not plan ahead for the birthday, wedding etc.

I promise 14 day delivery adn look like a hero when it arrives in 10 days. If I promise 7 day delivery and it arrives in 8 days....I am a bust. Lower expectations and then exceed them, customers will be glowing (and not slamming you on FB/DSR)
Old 07-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Here's the end of the story...

When I sent my apology email along with the 25$ gift card my buyer was closing the case and, yep, giving me that NEG feedback! Hit me on 2 DSR categories - shipping time & communication. It showed 4.9/5.0 on both so I think he rated both 4 stars?? Not sure. Not even 10 minutes later he notices my email, opens and reads it and replies to me, admited we are all human but, shoulda contacted him..and he'll see about reevaluating his fb comments.

Finally was able to partial refund 25% - Sent as gift. At this time I was riding the leg like a sales man with emails like, 'hey..just sent the $, did you get it?..'

Asked me to send fb revision request
On it!!

My score is back to 100%

The 2 DSR's? He leaves one!
The Following User Says Thank You to okay For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

@okay

Well Done to overcome the hassles.

Onwards to more and better sales.

Old 07-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Good Job! It is hard to overcome initial thoughts and reactions... With a clear head and a little time to think about responses before pressing 'SEND' you can often fix an issue before it escalates.
okay (07-22-2014)