Banned and fees still to pay.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 07-18-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Banned and fees still to pay..

Hi All

Most know my story with my 99.9percent positive feedback Power Seller account being shut down on Monday for no reason at all.

So , I am still processing returns for people and generally being nice to buyers, even the scamming ones. I also noticed I still owe eBay £186 in selling fees (so annoyed as I paid £600 the day before they banned me, i paid it early so I could see what I had left!)

Do anyone have an opinions on this. I feel like I really dont want to pay it, and shut down all the cards, bank accounts etc as they have stitched me up with so much debt in stock that itll take 6 months for the Stealth accounts to start making money again.

So, should I pay them? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks y'all
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Banned and fees still to pay..

Easy to say for me since I am not in your position but:

you used their services, you pay the due fees.

This is the way I see it but at the end is up to you.
Old 07-18-2014

Longevity: 63%

Everybody does it different, I leave enough money in PayPal to take care of fees.

Find a prepaid card and just give eBay what belongs to them. Imagine, that is 10% of your sales, if you were religious, that is a tithe. Take is easy and take off the 'yoke of burden'.
Old 07-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Yes, hence why I am dealing with returns and generally being nice to people, even though in my heart I want to burn eBay

The physical money isnt an issue, and I complete agree I used their services, yet why should they collect when they have basically abused me as an honest seller and have now put me financial hardship with stock for an unknown reason?

Getting torn in both ways, trying to be morally correct, unlike eBay, and also thinking I should let them 'do one'...

10percent of my sales? what you are forgetting, is after spending eight months building up and losing money along the way to scam buyers, free postage, paying postage on returns etc I have only just gone into making a profit in the last couple of months, hence why I am fairly angry.
Old 07-18-2014

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Yes, hence why I am dealing with returns and generally being nice to people, even though in my heart I want to burn eBay

The physical money isnt an issue, and I complete agree I used their services, yet why should they collect when they have basically abused me as an honest seller and have now put me financial hardship with stock for an unknown reason?

Getting torn in both ways, trying to be morally correct, unlike eBay, and also thinking I should let them 'do one'...

10percent of my sales? what you are forgetting, is after spending eight months building up and losing money along the way to scam buyers, free postage, paying postage on returns etc I have only just gone into making a profit in the last couple of months, hence why I am fairly angry.
I feel your pain. Stick to this forum and you will just do fine.
Old 07-18-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

I don't know an awful lot about this situation, but I would consider both options carefully:

Option 1: Pay the fees, be done with it, rest easy (albeit out of pocket)
Option 2: How much of your legit details do they have? (Was it a stealth?) Can you effectively ditch it all without the worry of debt collectors tracking you down? Do they know enough about you to assign that to your credit history?
(If so, don't do it because you'll obviously be needing bank acc's in the future and you don't want to damage your chances)

Feelings aside, take a look at the options and figure out if it's possible for you to avoid any backlash if you skip the fees and run?
If you can, then you can question it morally.
Old 07-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Paying them is the correct if the fees are valid - if returns are being done....well...those final value fees are annoying and invalid.

Choice is ultimately yours
Old 07-19-2014
Threadstarter  

After thinking about it, morally, I have no concerns after what they have done to me.

But yes, it was a genuine account with genuine details, bank etc, so it probably would be followed up upon with debt collections etc. Ah, eBay screws me again, another day

Thanks for your comments lads and lasses
The Following User Says Thank You to wired For This Useful Post:
ilcarletto (07-19-2014)
Old 07-21-2014

Longevity: 58%

eBays fees for suspended accounts are nothing more than their donation towards your time they've wasted in setting up a replacement account.... John Doe agreed the the user agreement, not me.

They even remove your ability to communicate with buyers via their system and a lot of the time send them a snotty email inciting problems.. Buyers, what buyers.. Fees, what fees?
Old 07-21-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdit View Post
John Doe agreed the the user agreement, not me.
this childish attitude make me laugh big time...

what about spending John Doe's earned money for YOUR food, beverages and all the things you like... you don't care too much about it do you?

Last edited by ilcarletto; 07-21-2014 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-21-2014

Longevity: 57%

I've been in a quite similar situation where I had to pay almost half of what you owe but it got shortened for 60p since I contacted ebay and told them that I made a refund and that the buyer clicked the wrong button when I requested to cancel a transaction.
Old 07-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
this childish attitude make me laugh big time...

what about spending John Doe's earned money for YOUR food, beverages and all the things you like... you don't care too much about it do you?

I don't no.

eBay throws users off for little to no reason, with no warning or reason given and with no avenue of appeal. When put in a position to take a bit back from them, why bend over and take one AGAIN?
Old 07-22-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I'm sure they are plenty insured for these loses, so by trying to hurt them I'll bet they end up making out even more money from the insurance company
Old 07-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
After thinking about it, morally, I have no concerns after what they have done to me.

But yes, it was a genuine account with genuine details, bank etc, so it probably would be followed up upon with debt collections etc. Ah, eBay screws me again, another day

Thanks for your comments lads and lasses
If you don't pay our fee's and they have your real information they will send a debt collector after you. They will harass you by phone and post until you pay up

If you still don't pay it could go on to hurt your credit score.
Old 07-23-2014

Longevity: 81%

Back in 2010 when i got banned I owed $240 in fees to ebay, at the time i didn't had any money so I didn't pay anything to them, they just spammed my email with final warnings every day for two months and then just stopped, I even use the same paypal account till this day, but back then I lived in Latvia so maybe sending deb collectors was too expensive i don't know but that is my experience with ebay.
But my advice would be, if its your real details then yes just pay.
Old 08-01-2014

Longevity: 65%

hi,

Most of the members have been in this situation when first starting out on ebay. I would suggest paying your fees as it will not get you into a bad habit later on. Also is your paypal limited?. Don't look at the down side, the best thing ebay done was closed me down within the first 6 month of starting out. Thanks to aspkin forum, I now make more money with less risk for the last 2 years. Also better it was not in December, you still have time to setup again for Xmas. Also look into Amazon.
Old 08-01-2014

Nearly two weeks old now, but I would personally pay up, put everything behind you and use the anger and stress to motivate yourself to succeed with your new accounts. Perhaps get used to stealth first, then set yourself up so that if this happens again, you're ready to use some spare accounts with good listing results.
Old 08-01-2014

Longevity: 75%

i personally made ebay wait the 180 days that I waited for paypal to release my funds and then I paid paypal and job done
Old 08-02-2014

Longevity: 79%

for ever account that is ditch without paying fee's and the likes, it has a knock on effect for the rest of us , including yourself if you plan on creating new accounts.

its because of acts like this we all have to start with Small limits and work our Dangly bits off to prove ourselves, over time it just makes the game harder.

Band for nothing....Yer right....is that is your eyes or there's ?

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 08-02-2014 at 06:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
stevebills (08-02-2014)
Old 08-02-2014

im very sorry this happened to you this sux.
this is what i would do . dont pay them they closed your acc. just make sue to cut off everything phone , bank , cc , close your bank and close your email or just don't login any more. also you need a new ip and all the other crap lol