Paypal Verification To Sell - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-04-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Paypal Verification To Sell

Ok, im all set with making new paypal emails, ebay accounts, hiding IPs, etc. What i dont understand is if like the guides say, don't link your ebay with your paypal, then how am will I be allowed to sell? Last time i checked, in order to sell i had to link my ebay with a verified paypal acc, and in order to have a verified paypal acc, i need a legit bank account. Therefore, simon credit card or not, successful creation of ebay account or not, there's still the problem of verifying paypal before being able to sell. How do i get past this without having to make a new bank acc? Is bank acc abs necesary?

Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

PS- I already have a verified paypal and if its as easy as changing the email so that ebay wont link it to anything in its history then i can do that no problem. Only thing is that i'd have to keep the same bank account on it because i dont have another. Will ebay see that although this "new" user is registering with a "new" paypal they still have the same bank acc as a previous user? Do they have this power to go into paypal and see that my bank acc is still the same even though my name is different?
Old 09-04-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

You can't use the same bank account that you used with a suspended account. They will link and suspend you.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

lol i understand that...thats not my question. I'm trying to say...do i deffinitly need a new bank account? Is there any other way to verify paypal? It doesn't really say in the guides I read besides that I shouldn't link paypal with ebay. I understand that part since if they're linked i'm blocked. But if i don't link them how do I get it verified?
Old 09-04-2008

Quote:
What does it mean to be Verified?

Verification increases the security of the PayPal network. Verified members have successfully completed PayPal's Verification system to establish their identity with us. The Verification process varies by country or region. For example, in the U.S., a Verified member has added and confirmed a bank account with PayPal. In Germany, a Verified member has completed a bank transfer or the Expanded Use Process. In most countries and regions where PayPal is available, a Verified member has added a credit card and completed the Expanded Use process.
PayPal Verification FAQ
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

I didnt ask how it benefits me dude....I've already used and gotten verified with Paypal. I know, to be verified, you must add a bank account and confirm it (not credit card as your quote says) or get a paypal credit card. My problem is that even if I change my paypal email, ebay can still go into my paypal and see my bank account and link it to my suspended account. Therefore the only solution remaining for me is to make a new paypal with a new bank account. Only, i dont have another bank account. So i'm asking is there any other way to become Verified because the guide makes it seem like there's a way to verify and sell even without linking. I want to know what that way is, because everytime i've sold, I've had to hook it up with my paypal. Does anyone understand my problem?

Last edited by Johnny_88; 09-04-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Let me simplify this because based on people's responses maybe im not being too clear.

1 To sell, ebay asks me to hook my paypal to my ebay through linked adresses.
2 If i do so, ebay will see my bank acc in my paypal and link me to my suspended account.
3 Question: How can i sell on ebay without having to link my paypal?
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
If you have used a bank account once already and are trying to use it again you will be linked.
precisely what i'm saying also. which is also my problem. The guide I was looking at (which linked me to this forum) however, said that I should jus avoid linking paypal to ebay all together which left me in a dilema as I was wondering how can I sell if I cannot link. But now as I'm looking at that guide I'm noticing it was the 2006 one? So maybe It has changed since then? Still curious as to why it would have said that...
Old 09-04-2008

There is nothing stopping you from going to another bank (or even the same bank) and setting up a new bank account to use with eBay/PayPal. In most cases, eBay/PayPal do not know the name on the bank account, only the account number and sorting code. Don't make it so difficult.
Old 09-04-2008

Hey Johnny, I've been getting the same weird unrelated answers on my questions too so don't feel like your the only one! LOL

Sometime you have to link your paypal with your ebay account and if ebay requires you to do it there is no other option. If you can get out of linking, don't do it.

When you register with ebay and go to sell, obviously put in your paypal email. pay your ebay fees using the make a one-time payment with paypal which should keep them from getting linked. If they do link, the only downside is if/when your ebay gets supended, your paypal will follow soon after.

Hope this helps better than the other 'robots' answers. LOL
Old 09-04-2008

gamingneeds, what we're trying to explain to him is right on page 21 of the (new) ebook.
His problem is that he's using an outdated version of the ebook that he probably downloaded from somewhere, instead of buying directly from this site.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks gamingneeds. But yeah i tried that and it was automatically removed within the hour. Mind you this was after i had changed my paypal email, contact information, signed up with a new ebay account with the same contact information as my new paypal info, and ALL THIS from a different computer in a different city with a different IP adress. In the end, there was only one possible problem, the bank account i had on the paypal was getting it linked as I had used it in the past with my suspended account. So i guess changing your paypal email and so on will get you nowhere if ebay can simply look into your "new account" and recognize you through your bank account. Which leaves me kind of helpless considering I cant just go to the bank and sign up for a new bank account all together. Not that i can't, but if this happens again, I'd have to do that all over again and that just simply not practical. Wonder how i can go around this....

Last edited by Johnny_88; 09-04-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

I did not download it anywhere. It was up on the internet. following a very long blog Q / A if you know which one I'm talking about. But yes now i see it was outdated. Still even if i buy this 47$ e book i don't see any logical way around the linking BESIDES getting a new bank account. And it doesn't take 47$ to figure that out...no offense. If however there ISSSSS another way to sell without having to link then i think it would already be out like all the other "tips" so i don't see the point...

If you can really assure me a 100% proven way of getting around the linking besides getting a new bank acc for my new paypal then i'll gladly buy the book. But i don't want to buy it and then simply be left with the only solution being getting a new account. I have a feeling thats the only solution the book would have.

Last edited by Johnny_88; 09-04-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2008

A new bank account is necessary. And you have to verify the PP account BEFORE linking to an eBay account.

If you want a high-level overview of what you should do to correctly create new Fleebay/PP accounts, check this out.

If you want more detail, I seriously recommend you purchase the $37 eBay Stealth ebook, linked above.
It's only $47 if you want the Forum Membership.
Old 09-04-2008

Yeah dude, you can't use the same bank account. Open a free savings at almost any bank and add it. eBay can't tell your identity so you can use your real account. Or you can buy one on the internet for $5-$10 and they will send you the EXPUSE numbers. I've done both.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

yes i know i have to verify it before. That's why im trying to find a way on this forum before I make a new ebay account. I dont understand why you're stressing the before. I havent made the ebay account yet. Only editted my paypal email as the guide states.

yeah i guess you're right gaming needs. its the only way around it. Just something about opening a new account and accidentally getting screwed again makes me wonder if it's all worth it. I might just go to a friends house and try it all over again with their clean account, paypal, etc. Thanks.

Last edited by Johnny_88; 09-04-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

reading the guide quasi mojo linked me too i gotta say the telephone thing too is quite the b*tch. Ebay really found how to screw us. Pay for a new bank account, pay for a call forwarding membership. Would have been so easily avoided if some prick didn't rat me out for a "illigitamate" auction when i was including a receipt with it and even a refund. Seriously if ebay has no proof it needs to learn to calm the f down.

PS- if we're gonna ⊗⊗⊗⊗ our identity is there a way for ebay to prove who we are through the bank acc we provide to paypal? Is ebay really that illegal? lol

Last edited by Johnny_88; 09-04-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Your bank does not release you personal data to PP or eBay.
If they do then you have a nice little "Invasion of Privacy" suit you can issue to your bank.
LOL i agree but lets not get carried away. im sure theres no way or point in suing a bank like Bank Of America if we can't even prove that's how theyr tracking us. But yeah i would hope the number is all they can see...

Yeah i might but theres a lot of solutions that the book leaves up to you to find out. like the IP problem and telephone number.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Been using BOA for YEARS....
Never had a problem....
No information has EVER been passed...
Never been linked to a NARU due to my Bank Accounts
Good to hear. If that's so, and i get a new bank account, i still have to worry about new telephone numbers and the IP problem. On top of that theres always people that can rat you out with silly accusations out of competition and theres not much you can do about it. If it happens to me with an authentic item, it can happen to anyone. Thats another fear i dont know how to avoid.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

I want to...but if its just going to refer me to websites where i have to pay further more, and create even more accounts, id rather not. FOR NOW. i'm not saying there's an easier way or that im not thankful, i'll just admit I'm a bit tired of it all. Maybe i'll give it some time. Thanks anyway for your help.
Old 09-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

Listen Johnny88, I'll explain to you, in very simple terms, your old accounts are gone, finished, forget about them, now whoever you were on those accounts ceases to exist, you are now a new person, think of it like witness protection, everything and I really do mean everything on this new account MUST be different than it was on your real account, that means, new name, address, phone no, credit card, BANK ACCOUNT etc etc, and yes you do need to link your ebay and paypal accounts to sell on ebay.
Old 09-06-2008
Threadstarter  

thanks for that. an easy annswer. if it wasn't for the stupid "outdated" ebook that told me I didn't have to link to sell then I wouldn't be here cuz the rest of it is a no brainer. still...outdated or not any one can see linking of paypal to ebay is a must for selling so I still don't know why the 2006 book I read said that. anyway its clear what I have to do...like u said reNEW everything. ill do that and I don't need some1 reminding me to pay 50 dollars everytime I ask a question. after all it is a FORUM. thanks to all the non robots for the help and contributing to Q and As of what a FoRuM should be