Buyer typed in my return address that I am using for a stealth account through ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-22-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Buyer typed in my return address that I am using for a stealth account through ebay

Hi, I put a little packaging slip in my buyers packages telling them if they need to make a return, they can return it to the address on the slip, so I told one of my buyers to do that but he also typed that address on eBay messaging system to confirm if it is the correct address.

That address is not a banned address but I am using it for another account, will I now be in trouble? possibly linked? possibly banned?

thanks

also, I have not responded to my buyers second email confirming if it is the correct address, I could always deny that that is the correct address and give him a full refund and tell him to keep product so he doesn't ever have to know my address. I don't know if this will fix anything.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-22-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Buyer typed in my return address that I am using for a stealth account through eb

It is a possibility, but I'd think the chances are small. They need more than just an address to ban plus as long as an employee doesn't manually review the messages, the chances remain slim.

I suggest you grab your buyer's phone number and talk about it over the phone as to not alert him of what's going on and him contacting eBay.

Plus it'll usually impress the buyer that you took the time to call.
Old 07-22-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Buyer typed in my return address that I am using for a stealth account through eb

If the address is from another account that is not suspended than , even if they are linked it won't bring a suspension until one account has troubles and gets the boot and the other will follow

That being said, unless you are under manual review with a rep that is really into his job and cross checking the address in the message to other addresses , than I doubt there is a link at all

If the account is a matured account with limits raised and you are now using it for a lot of sales than it may be a good idea to get it's own working address
Old 07-22-2014

Longevity: 63%

Instead of replying the buyer in eBay messages, send an email directly.
Old 07-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Instead of replying the buyer in eBay messages, send an email directly.
yeah I normally do, but a lot of the times they don't check their real email and they also get mad and they say why can't you just message me here.

I tried to email this guy through his email but he didn't respond to his emails and told me to message him through ebay =/
Old 07-22-2014

Longevity: 66%

It happened to me few months back but nothing has happened to the accounts as of today. Knock on wood
Old 07-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thready View Post
It happened to me few months back but nothing has happened to the accounts as of today. Knock on wood
what did you respond to the buyer once she typed in the other address?
Old 07-22-2014

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmaria View Post
yeah I normally do, but a lot of the times they don't check their real email and they also get mad and they say why can't you just message me here.

I tried to email this guy through his email but he didn't respond to his emails and told me to message him through ebay =/
Just tell them, thanks and add, I will let you know when I receive it. Tell them to send you the tracking number to put them on the hook.