Add me to the Suspended List ;o( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Angry Add me to the Suspended List ;o(

My account was just suspended two days ago for "Abusing Ebay", what I did I have no clue because they won't tell me. The point is my account is closed "indefinately". I have two friends of mine that are willing to make an account for me, under their names and their addresses, including a paypal account. My question is this, If I open a new bank account under my name can i use that under bank info for their paypal account? Also for ebay can they use their ccredit card but not pay fees? How would i be able to pay fees if the bank account would be under my name?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

My best advice to you at this point in your eBay gaming career is to sit down, take a moment to breath and read the eBay Stealth Guild.
It is a wonderful book with TONS of information in it.
It will help you if you a eBay Vet. or Noobie.
eBay Stealth - Suspended eBay and Paypal Account Guide

Good luck and read the book
Old 09-05-2008

I'm not sure if i understand what you're saying but i think i know because i have same problem. You can let your friends make you a new ebay acc / paypal account but the problem is ebay will still track your IP. This means you have to either spend some time changing your IP adress or you'd have to use a different computer than the one you used when you got suspended. Becareful, if you log onto your suspended account with your new IP ebay will make the connection and suspend you again.]

Also if you are going to be using the same bank acc #s for the new paypal your friends will make you, ebay will suspend you as it will realize the bank acc in use is the same as the acc of the suspended name. If you get a new bank account, ebay can't know if you are the same person so they cant suspend you.

As for the credit card, if you used a credit card on your suspended account don't use the same card again because it will only make your new account suspended too. Your friends can use their own credit card for you and wont have to pay anything but if one day your bank account has a problem, or you forget to pay your fees, Ebay is going to automatically withdraw the fees from your friends credit card you have on file with your new account and I dont think you'd want that.

Your only solution really is to get a new bank account and a new IP ( or use a different computer everytime you use the new account.) Of course you should also make up new information for your new accounts. Using your friends information would be fine. I have the same problem. Yes its a hassle but it just depends how bad you want a new account. If you're comfortable with a new bank account, have your friends make a new paypal/ebay acc with their info and then just use your new bank acc to verify your new paypal.

Hope i have helped =]

Last edited by Johnny_88; 09-05-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
My best advice to you at this point in your eBay gaming career is to sit down, take a moment to breath and read the eBay Stealth Guild.
It is a wonderful book with TONS of information in it.
It will help you if you a eBay Vet. or Noobie.
eBay Stealth - Suspended eBay and Paypal Account Guide

Good luck and read the book
Here We go again, just one quick question. Is aspkin the writer of eBay Stealth?
Old 09-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Yes he is.
Old 09-05-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

If you want a high-level overview of what you should do to correctly create new Fleebay/PP accounts, check this out.

If you want more detail, I seriously recommend (as above) that you purchase the eBay Stealth ebook.
Old 09-05-2008
Threadstarter  

So what exactly are my chances of getting reinstated? When they say indefinately do they stick to that? I faxed over a request for reinstatement form anyway.
Old 09-05-2008

I guess it depends on what you did wrong. From what i've seen, its hard unless you're completely innocent. Even then you'll have to fax call email many times.
Old 09-05-2008
Threadstarter  

I sell alot of Vero and they are high cost items. I relisted a few things many times because since they are high cost items they don't sell that easily. Thats what I'm thinking is the problem. But I didn't get a Vero penalty I got an "Abusing Ebay".
Old 09-05-2008

yeah vero sucks, i too have had some exerpeicne with vero items. If vero doesnt catch them, some psyco who thinks hes doing the ebay favors (as if ebay needs them) will rat you out wether your items are authentic or not. Personally i think its up to the people to judge and ebay should have no say in what rats have to say about me or anyone. If some one wants the item, they can buy it. if they dont like it they can return it. How is someone behind a monitor gonna tell me my item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or real. its stupid -.-
Old 09-05-2008
Threadstarter  

They are stupid, ebay is evil and I think 99.8% of the population knows it.
Old 09-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

I don't know why some people get irked when I or someone else plugs the Stealth Book, the information contained within the Stealth Book is priceless as without it you won't succeed in getting back on ebay, and no ebay means no side or for some people no major income, so come on people, the only reason we recommend the Stealth Book is for your own good, the reality is, if you can't afford $37, then you probably weren't earning much on ebay and if you weren't earning much on ebay, then why do you need to get back on ebay?, pause and think about it for a second.

Last edited by digitaliz; 09-05-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-05-2008

Bravo, digitaliz! - That's exactly the point!
I would love to copy and paste the contents of the ebook in order to answer people's questions, but that wouldn't be fair to the writers. Not to mention, I'd get the boot.
We recommend the ebook because we have bought it and we have found it indispensable and priceless. The only thing better than the ebook would be Modee's one-on-one support.
Old 09-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_88 View Post
How is someone behind a monitor gonna tell me my item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or real. its stupid -.-
I can look at a picture taken of a real knockoff piece of clothing and tell if it is real or not.
So can a lot of other people. It really is not hard when you know what to look for.
Old 09-06-2008
Threadstarter  

My listings have never been pulled yet I got suspended for "Abusing" ebay. Even if you sell authentic items you can still get kicked out!
Old 09-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

In my experience the "Abusing" ebay has nothing to do with authentic/counterfeit stuff.

In my experience the "Abusing" ebay has to do with the fact that you started a new account and listed to many items to fast.
Old 09-06-2008
Threadstarter  

I've had my account for about 10 years. I did list a number of Vero items and relisted them alot. I think that might be the reason. But honestly what should they care if its authentic and they are making money?
Old 09-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Have you heard about the lawsuits that eBay has lose lately?
They have cracked down a bit harder since they have lost these lawsuits.
That is why they turned up the heat on the 21 day hold through Paypal I am sure.
Old 09-06-2008

Longevity: 96%

Abusing ebay is the Granddaddy of all excuses for banning...kind of like a wild-card. They don't tell you what you did, but then I guess since they are banning you for life they have no obligation to help you from committing the same mistake again.

It would be nice if they gave you a warning for abusing ebay and then made you take one of those tutorials before giving you the boot permanently.
Old 09-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post

You guys can convince yourselves of anything - fine, but if you want to sell designer or name brand items, follow the applicable rules.

Be true to thine self!
Convince? What are you talking about who's talking about ⊗⊗⊗⊗ here? My item was authentic and i did take photos. maybe not enough? maybe not the right ones? But ebay never told me how to take photos to prove authenticity except receipts so what else can i do. i took detailed pictures of everything, but if ebay's not telling me the specifics then it also has no right to take my item off. Neither does it have the right to believe a user that actually messages me ranting with capitals and exclamations about how i'm ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I even had it authenticized at the store but they don't give me anything on paper so again im subject to criticizm from random ebay members who want me out, or silly forum members telling me im convincing myself my item is real when they don't even know what my item was. Anyway i'm not here to argue. I've learned what i needed to learn from helpful members PMing me rather than robots' silly criticism. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2008

Johnny_88, the comments were not directed to you, specifically. You made a comment "How is someone behind a monitor gonna tell me my item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or real. its stupid -.-", to which Here We Go Again replied, "I can look at a picture taken of a real knockoff piece of clothing and tell if it is real or not. So can a lot of other people. It really is not hard when you know what to look for." His comment was kind of off-topic and was not saying that you were selling knock-offs. Modee was simply replying to Here We Go Again's comment.

Again, they were not referring to you, directly.
Old 09-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

"Abusing" ebay is a catch all. I was just posting my experiences.

Johnny_88----
You asked the following:
"How is someone behind a monitor gonna tell me my item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or real. its stupid -.-"
I can if it is a item that I know a lot about. Anyone can if they know the real deal inside and out.

I have been VEROed for selling 100% authentic items before.
It came from the Real VERO... Not just another seller but from the real company.
Many companies do NOT want their items sold on eBay. So they just do a run through and pull them.... real & ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
And other sellers do this too.... Be your items real or ⊗⊗⊗⊗. The other sellers are killing their competition.

No one ever said you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ widgets. I do not know what you sell. I am just answering the question as you posted it.