open china market - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon
Default open china market

Maybe people need to change the idea,not is import the goods from china,why not sell the goods to china?China have big big market for any nice products,chinese is get rich than ever and they are able to purchase more items now.
The Following User Says Thank You to teedon For This Useful Post:
bruh (07-05-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2014

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: open china market

What sort of items are in demand in China? What can't they make that the UK / USA have?
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Your question is an very good question but also it is very diffculty to answer.Maybe this need many people to comment and discuss and it need to take time to find out.

So far as i known,chinese people is more like the high tech products
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

One of the biggest problems with doing that it that while shipping from China is cheap, Shipping to china from the West is expensive.

China's success in selling to the US is mainly because of their ability to undercut, even with the cost of shipping, the cost of western made goods. For obvious reasons the US would not be successful in the strategy.

I think what you are suggesting is that western sellers go the premium route in China. The problem is China already has what China wants. China is not newly rich. It has been stocking premium western goods for a long time.

Last edited by Futuremogul888; 04-08-2014 at 05:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
cheapstudent (08-08-2014)
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

eBay did try to enter the Chinese market but got it very wrong in the way that they approached the Chinese market.

How EBay Failed In China - Forbes
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Really need to be competitive and unique to enter the Asian markets - especially where you are open to being copied and taken out
Old 06-12-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

You need to be the 1st one to find out and 1st to enter the market and then you might would get success.
Old 07-26-2014

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedon View Post
Maybe people need to change the idea,not is import the goods from china,why not sell the goods to china?China have big big market for any nice products,chinese is get rich than ever and they are able to purchase more items now.
I presume you would need a Hong Kong trading company to save paying tax in th UK
Old 07-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I will have to think about this...

You would have to ask yourself, "If I were a citizen of China, what would *I* want that I couldn't get locally, but is available in the US/UK/Wherever?"

Since most electronics are made in China, I don't see much room there for international sales. So, you would have to find a niche product, or products, that would appeal to a Chinese buyer.

And Teedon is correct, many Chinese are moving into the middle class and they DO have money to spend. China is not "newly rich" but many of its citizens are becoming better off than they were even 5 years ago. And that DOES open up some opportunities.

Shipping costs ARE a consideration. Shipping from China to America is cheap, but shipping from America to China is still fairly expensive.

The crunching sound you hear is my brain trying to figure this out!
Old 07-26-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

My previous employer (before my days of online trade) exported designer garden lights too many asian countries. Took them 3 years for before export ended and exact copies were produce even though they were patented.

Another story ive heard very recently is that of a self employed gentlemen here in Australia has a 250k annum setup exporting some sort of light bulb to China.

My partner is in rental property management so personal income stories are regular.
Old 07-27-2014

China have TaoBao and no way ebay is taking over them with there ripoff prices it would be like sending royal mail over there when they get it free already
its doomed
Old 07-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Shipping costs ARE a consideration. Shipping from China to America is cheap, but shipping from America to China is still fairly expensive.

The crunching sound you hear is my brain trying to figure this out!
Too true ugh - been trying to deal some pharma stuff and the shipping costs are annoying
Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebills View Post
China have TaoBao and no way ebay is taking over them with there ripoff prices it would be like sending royal mail over there when they get it free already
its doomed
China is a manufacturing powerhouse, there is no way that someone in the US or the UK is going to be able to sell Digital Cameras to the Chinese when they can get better stuff locally and they can get it cheaper.

To be successful in exporting to China, you need to find a product that is not available in China and that the Chinese people want. That is not an easy thing to find. But if you DO find it, the rewards can be excellent!

That is why I mentioned niche products. You can forget about electronics and anything else they manufacture in China by the boatload.

But in many ways, it is the same as selling on eBay. New sellers always want to sell the most popular items and end up chasing their tails in a quest to find that fabled wholesale source of $100 iPads that everyone has heard about, but nobody has actually found (because it does not exist). Those of us who are successful quickly realize that trying to source such items is a waste of time. You need products that are popular enough to make some sales, but have not attracted a lot of competition. And that is not always easy. But when you find it (especially that FIRST one!) you start to think differently. My most successful items are obscure, things that most people do not even know exist. These items appeal to a limited pool of buyers, but are in high demand among that pool.

At one time, before competition heated up, I sold cleaning wipes for the plastic tubing that connected air masks to CPAP machines. These are medical devices used by individuals who have sleep apnea. Most people will never need such a device and have no idea it even exists. But those who use them need to clean these plastic tubes religiously to avoid any bacterial growth which can cause respiratory infections. Back when I found the product, it was common to see 50 wipes going for $49.95. I found a wholesale source for $6 and sold them for $20. I quickly became a beloved eBay seller to those who needed the product. Of course, over time, others found my niche - monkey see, monkey do, and competition drove the price down to $9 or so. Which is good for the consumers, but for me? Not so much.

My point is, if you are going to be successful on eBay, selling in China (or anywhere else, really) you need to forget the latest, hottest products. Because these products are easy to think of and are in high demand, everybody and his brother wants to sell them. Newbies have dreams about buying $100 iPods and selling them for $400 and becoming a millionaire in 60 days or less. But that is just a fantasy. Others, who try to find niches and are successful, are cleaning up.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Marcos0212 (08-07-2017), MrPorter (02-22-2016), newjerseymax (03-31-2017), teedon (10-03-2016)
Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Another point is niche items go out of fashion.

There is a risk of having stock no longer possible to move.

Old 07-28-2014

u mean I cant sell my old amstrad?
Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Amstrad is high tech product,but mostly UK market only.
Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
China is a manufacturing powerhouse, there is no way that someone in the US or the UK is going to be able to sell Digital Cameras to the Chinese when they can get better stuff locally and they can get it cheaper.

To be successful in exporting to China, you need to find a product that is not available in China and that the Chinese people want. That is not an easy thing to find. But if you DO find it, the rewards can be excellent!

That is why I mentioned niche products. You can forget about electronics and anything else they manufacture in China by the boatload.

But in many ways, it is the same as selling on eBay. New sellers always want to sell the most popular items and end up chasing their tails in a quest to find that fabled wholesale source of $100 iPads that everyone has heard about, but nobody has actually found (because it does not exist). Those of us who are successful quickly realize that trying to source such items is a waste of time. You need products that are popular enough to make some sales, but have not attracted a lot of competition. And that is not always easy. But when you find it (especially that FIRST one!) you start to think differently. My most successful items are obscure, things that most people do not even know exist. These items appeal to a limited pool of buyers, but are in high demand among that pool.

At one time, before competition heated up, I sold cleaning wipes for the plastic tubing that connected air masks to CPAP machines. These are medical devices used by individuals who have sleep apnea. Most people will never need such a device and have no idea it even exists. But those who use them need to clean these plastic tubes religiously to avoid any bacterial growth which can cause respiratory infections. Back when I found the product, it was common to see 50 wipes going for $49.95. I found a wholesale source for $6 and sold them for $20. I quickly became a beloved eBay seller to those who needed the product. Of course, over time, others found my niche - monkey see, monkey do, and competition drove the price down to $9 or so. Which is good for the consumers, but for me? Not so much.

My point is, if you are going to be successful on eBay, selling in China (or anywhere else, really) you need to forget the latest, hottest products. Because these products are easy to think of and are in high demand, everybody and his brother wants to sell them. Newbies have dreams about buying $100 iPods and selling them for $400 and becoming a millionaire in 60 days or less. But that is just a fantasy. Others, who try to find niches and are successful, are cleaning up.

Very detailed Analysis and very useful knowledge
Old 07-28-2014

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Too true ugh - been trying to deal some pharma stuff and the shipping costs are annoying

the cheapest ive seen with the company i use for ups and dhl atleast from here is $5 a pound for china that too 3 weeks.lol
Old 07-29-2014

Longevity: 66%

In China a lot of people pay for middlemen to buy things overseas on their behalf, because those brands are not available in China, or it's much more expensive in China.

Most important of all, they're afraid of getting ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products in China.
Old 07-30-2014

Longevity: 78%

Since we have some chinese sellers in here I was curious about selling blu rays. Not a lot of money selling them online here in the US. Was curious about new releases on blu ray in China. Never seen or heard of a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ blu rays in China only dvd. I know some people burn them but do they sell actual authentic blu rays in China of new US releases?
Old 07-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Since we have some chinese sellers in here I was curious about selling blu rays. Not a lot of money selling them online here in the US. Was curious about new releases on blu ray in China. Never seen or heard of a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ blu rays in China only dvd. I know some people burn them but do they sell actual authentic blu rays in China of new US releases?
Is this a joke? They've been doing it for years.
Old 07-31-2014

Longevity: 78%

I know they "burn" blu rays but I have never come across a replicated blu ray, one with the silver back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Is this a joke? They've been doing it for years.