Setting up my first Stealth accounts.. thinking about 2checkout at first - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-28-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Setting up my first Stealth accounts.. thinking about 2checkout at first

Hey everyone,

Been through the stealth guide thoroughly and have been gleaning as much info off the boards as I can. I think I am ready to put this to work.

I planned a multi-pronged approach that will be on going of course.

First, I attempted to buy a couple of aged accounts from one of our respected board members, but unfortunately she has had a family hardship and my money is held up there until she is able to work again. So, aged accounts are out for now unless someone else out there has ages US accounts.

Next, I am planning to set up my own accounts asap, but still unclear on a few things.

My understanding is that I need a VBA and a VCC, which I can purchase here from authorized sellers. I am a bit confused whether I should buy a VCC or a AVS VCC. Do I need an AVS VCC so that Paypal can verify my address? Then the address will be pre-set by the seller of the AVS VCC and I will need to follow suit with the address that I use on the paypal/ebay accounts? is that how that works?

This what I was planning to do. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

1) I purchased several tracfones. I will activate one using the zip code that I plan to use on the Stealth account. ( I have never used tracfone, so my understanding is that this is all the info I need to be concerned about when activating)
2) Buy a VBA and VCC ( or AVS VCC not sure which I am supposed to get )
3) Create user account on my PC
4) Connect through a VPN. I currently have HMA (Hide My Ass) VPN service. I can change my IP for each Stealth account; however, it only gives me an option to change IP location. So, for example, I can choose Ashburn, VA as the location and it will connect through a certain IP address, but next time I connect it will give me a slightly different IP. Still same location, but not same IP. Will this cause issues in the beginning?
5) Create a Paypal account using Stealth info and connect the VCC ( or AVS VCC ) and VBA.
6) Create ebay account with same info as Paypal.
7) Connect ebay to Paypal.

I know that people say to establish some sort of history before selling, so I plan to browse and put things on my watch list etc. Maybe even send some questions to sellers. What I am unsure about is that some people on the boards say to buy some things. My question is, how do I buy some things if I am using an address that I don't have access to?

I am really in need of starting to sell asap. I know you must have patience when setting these things up, thus why I wanted to do a multi-pronged approach by buying some aged accounts too, but that seems to not be working out.

I was also thinking about not connecting a real bank account right away until I make sure everything is running okay. I am selling products that tend to get MC999, so I want to protect real bank accounts as much as possible.

I applied for a 2checkout merchant account. I know enough html to get a simple site up for them to see. Still looking into the details. Was thinking that I would make purchases with my Paypal balance from my web-site using 2checkout for a while before adding a real bank account to Paypal. Like I said, still looking into that option. If anyone has other ways that they get their Paypal funds out using merchant accts, etc.... I'm all ears. I've sen elance as an option but have not researched that yet.

Anyway, looking for some feedback on how I am proceeding. I really need to get the accounts up asap so any suggestions are very much appreciated. And thanks so much for all of you experienced people sharing on here. I intend to do the same as I learn more.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Setting up my first Stealth accounts.. thinking about 2checkout at first

Just know that buyers are brainwashed into accepting paypal.

Since you are expressing a need to sell quickly. I would leave the merchant account route until the accounts are more mature.

elance is asking to be limited quicker than I posted this reply.

Old 07-28-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Setting up my first Stealth accounts.. thinking about 2checkout at first

Thanks Greenbean, I was thinking to use the merchant account only for myself, not customers right now. Like if I sold $500 in ebay sales and my Paypal account still only had a VBA attached. I would make a purchase from myself on my website ( which is hooked up to the 2checkout merchant account ). Thus getting my ebay sale paypal funds without having to connect a real bank account to PayPal yet. Would cost me an extra 2.9% in processing fees, but might be worth it until I knew that ebay/Paypal accounts were solid.
Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Answers correspond to your numbers
1) I do not use TracFone, but a lot on here do and have had success. A current tread mentions them having a problem using TracFone. I would still try it and use it. I recommend buying 1 before a megaton.

2) I use vanilla visa gift cards. Do not buy something that has to be reloaded because it will require your SSN. VBA works but eventually you will need a real bank account to withdraw funds.

3) Yes, use a new USER ACCT on computer

4) Hide my ass will get you gone real fast, as a lot of VPNs will. Use multiple wifi routers or, preferably Verizon MIFI. It has a gigantic pool of IPs. Make sure you log IPs as well.

5) correct

6) correct

7) I would not link the 2 together. Prob not a big deal. Some do and some do not.

I usually list ASAP. Nothing VERO or risky. Just simple stuff around the house.

Patience is the key, but I understand that it is hard to do when you wanna get started. After you get up and running be sure to create more stealths and let them browse and age before listing. Immediate listing is risky but it has worked for me well 90% of the times.

I know nothing about 2checkout
Old 07-28-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
Answers correspond to your numbers
2) I use vanilla visa gift cards. Do not buy something that has to be reloaded because it will require your SSN. VBA works but eventually you will need a real bank account to withdraw funds.

4) Hide my ass will get you gone real fast, as a lot of VPNs will. Use multiple wifi routers or, preferably Verizon MIFI. It has a gigantic pool of IPs. Make sure you log IPs as well.
2)Thanks bjammin! So, I read elseware on the boards to not use Vanilla gift cards with an amount on them, now you are saying not to use the reloadable because they require SS#. What is the option that I should choose if going Vanilla?

4) Sure will log the IP's. So Hide my Ass will get me flagged then? Don't use it or any VPN service?
Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAwesome View Post
4) Sure will log the IP's. So Hide my Ass will get me flagged then? Don't use it or any VPN service?
Avoid VPNs to avoid your ass getting kicked.

Usually for USA users I suggest dongle or other options.

Have you considered them?

Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

HMA is a horrible service and will get you canned in the long run. As for 2.9% fees to buy from yourself...PP can and HAS limited accounts that do shady back and forth purchases.

Why not just keep it simple with bank? I will admit that I have used a similar merchant type of service in the past to initially buy from myself but I hated the extra % cut
Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
2)Thanks bjammin! So, I read elseware on the boards to not use Vanilla gift cards with an amount on them, now you are saying not to use the reloadable because they require SS#. What is the option that I should choose if going Vanilla?
There are a couple diff types. My fav is says Onevanilla Prepaid Visa Card on the front. However it is a debit/gift card. When you buy it (I get mine at Wal-Greens) you can put $20-$500 on it. Then you pay your service fee for $4ish. The card is non-reloadable. Then you go to onevanilla.com and register a zip code to the card. You will want to use your stealth zip code.

The other card I use is titled "the perfect gift" It is a 3 pack of $15 visa cards with a $4.95 activation for all combined. Great bargain, but not always easy to find. I get these at Kroger, a local grocery store. The website on these is mygiftcardsite.com. It will ask you to register an address, and again, you need to register stealth address. However, I am not convinced that you need to register the address on this one for PP to confirm it.

Quote:
I do not think it is recommended to use any VPN service at this point. I believe EB and PP have caught on to them. I personally have never tried to use a VPN, but I see bad news on threads regarding VPNs quite often.
Old 07-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

On the banks, I do not use VBAs. I do not think there is anything wrong with them. But I always use a real bank account, and it has worked very well for me so far.
Old 07-29-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Avoid VPNs to avoid your ass getting kicked.

Usually for USA users I suggest dongle or other options.

Have you considered them?

Thanks for the tip then, no VPN.

Have not looked into dongle or other options, but will now.

How does dongle work?
Old 07-29-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
PP can and HAS limited accounts that do shady back and forth purchases.

Why not just keep it simple with bank? I will admit that I have used a similar merchant type of service in the past to initially buy from myself but I hated the extra % cut
Well, I figured Paypal would not know that I was buying from myself because PayPal will only see one side of the transaction... My Stealth account buying from a website. Then would not do a lot of transactions. PayPal has no way to know that the website is mine. right?

This would only be a temporary way to get funds until I attached the bank account. Was looking for ways to protect using up a real bank account until I knew that the ebay account was solid.
Old 07-29-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
There are a couple diff types. My fav is says Onevanilla Prepaid Visa Card on the front. However it is a debit/gift card. When you buy it (I get mine at Wal-Greens) you can put $20-$500 on it. Then you pay your service fee for $4ish. The card is non-reloadable. Then you go to onevanilla.com and register a zip code to the card. You will want to use your stealth zip code.
Great, thanks bjammin. I will check out Walgreens for these
Old 07-29-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Thanks for the tip then, no VPN.

Have not looked into dongle or other options, but will now.

How does dongle work?
A dongle is plugged into your PC's USB port and with that you'll have access to a cellphone provider's 3G/4G network on your PC (let's say Verizon). You have to pay a monthly fee for this access of course, but you will get a new IP everytime you connect and a Verizon IP looks a lot better to ebay than HMA for example.