trusted dhgate.com seller + ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking info/order not being shipped - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 07-29-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default trusted dhgate.com seller + ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking info/order not being shipped

I placed an order on dhgate.com two weeks ago with a trusted seller (99% positive, 60,000+ transactions, 6th year). Since it was my first time doing business with this seller I ordered samples, about $200 in a few different products. I used my cc through dhgate to pay.

Seller posted tracking information on dhgate the next day. I have been checking tracking information for the last two weeks and it is not recognized by DHL. 2 emails to the seller (5 days ago, 3 days ago) have basically gone unanswered with the only reply being "let me check on this for you" and nothing solid to speak of.

Opened an online chat this evening, and seller is not responding. What action should I take? Should I report false tracking info to dhgate? Im confused as to why this has gone wrong when I was diligent to pick out a trusted seller, am I not being patient enough/communicating in the right way? Thanks for any advice!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: trusted dhgate.com seller + ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking info/order not being shipped

contact dhgate customer support live chat - they can contact the seller for you with your requests.

If the tracking number is not showing information after a period then "report the tracking number" (should be underneath the listed number in the tracking info)

Dhgate use a money held system and the customer has to be happy with the product for it to be released to the seller which im sure you probably already know.

Persist with contacting DHL customer support live chat as they have been nothing but helpful to me over the years.
The Following User Says Thank You to bananaappeal For This Useful Post:
employeea1 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: trusted dhgate.com seller + ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking info/order not being shipped

There has been MANY times where people from China say they posting an item by DHL when in fact it gets mailed by EMS or China Post.. so check your tracking number on those websites as well.

Does it state in the listing how long delivery takes? that could also be a clue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
employeea1 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014

Longevity: 66%

Sellers in China won't contact delivery companies in general but have a middlemen company to collect all goods from sellers and send to different delivery companies.
So there may be a delay in checking the tracking number but it really depends on how many days they promise for delivery, DHL offers a few services too.
The Following User Says Thank You to invince For This Useful Post:
employeea1 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

bananaappeal has a good suggestion.

Sometimes, sellers have given "temp tracking numbers" so try reaching out to the seller again. Give the seller a bit of time to reply as well
Old 07-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by employeea1 View Post
I placed an order on dhgate.com two weeks ago with a trusted seller (99% positive, 60,000+ transactions, 6th year). Since it was my first time doing business with this seller I ordered samples, about $200 in a few different products. I used my cc through dhgate to pay.
Sadly sometimes that is a trusted seller only on paper, if you know what I mean.

Keep on pushing Live Chat and the seller too.

Well Done for using the credit card for payment.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
employeea1 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

GB makes a good point on credit card use...fraud protection just in case
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
employeea1 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I posted again.

I did not say much.

I rarely do.

Old 07-30-2014

I'm guessing they haven't sent it, and have just added the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking number because if they don't dispatch after a few days DHGate get on their case. Sellers usually always give ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers, then update the correct one 1-2 days later. Although, two weeks is a long time and would contact DHGate/Seller and if that fails, your credit card company.
The Following User Says Thank You to xShevaa7x For This Useful Post:
employeea1 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Update:

bananaappeal- thank you for your suggestion to contact dhgate live chat. They suggested since it has been over 5 days and the tracking info is still showing as invalid that I report it with the link you mentioned. I had already done so, so they suggested that I wait to hear back. The seller has 5 days to respond with valid tracking info.

Bunneh- thank you for your suggestion, I was wondering if this was potentially the case. Unfortunately, I checked the tracking on EMS and China Post and its invalid there also. Listing says: Delivery Time: 2-8 days Processing Time: Ships out within 2 days, thats max of 10 days according to listing, it has been 15 days and no package.

GreenBean- I get what you're saying about "trusted seller only on paper". There's always ways to work any system. But this seller had also been mentioned several times on this forum as being someone that is great to work with (I searched his name on the forum). I was hoping for a similar experience, but the experience has not been great so far. (Why I was wondering if I was doing something wrong/if there was an unspoken step I was missing).

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I hope to report back with good news. Either way I'll let you know in 5 days! Next time (if there is one), I'm reporting the invalid tracking as soon as the link pops up (5 days from my understanding). Best way to get things moving along I guess.
Old 07-31-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Update:

Seller uploaded valid tracking number today, the day after I reported the false tracking yesterday.

Tracking shows that shipping information was received yesterday and package has not left Hong Kong.... shocking...
Old 07-31-2014

Shipping Information Received = He has paid for shipping, but they haven't come to pick it up yet or it has been picked up very recently, but unlikely.

They could have it already, and not updated it, but DHL are pretty good. In 1-2 days it should have left Hong Kong, if it hasn't, then he definitely hasn't had it picked up.
The Following User Says Thank You to xShevaa7x For This Useful Post:
employeea1 (07-31-2014)
Old 08-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Let me tell you the story behind,the supplier handed over the packages to china mainland shipping agent,and shipping agent will send the goods to hongkong,it take a few days.

Mostly the first tracking number can not be checked on line,because the goods have not been in hongkong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teedon For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (08-21-2014), JamesNorth101 (08-22-2014)
Old 08-22-2014
Banned

I always seem to get an invalid tracking number the first few days. Then it changes to a valid DHL number. Then BAM like 2 days later the package arrives. The first few times this happened I freaked out too. But it happens all the time to me now and I have never had a problem. In fact my packages always seem to arrive ahead of schedule!
Old 08-22-2014

Longevity: 66%

Most DHL packages from China go via HK, much faster custom clearance than in China.
Old 08-22-2014

Longevity: 77%

The same thing recently happened to me on AliExpress. Invalid tracking number provided by seller. I filed a dispute with AliExpress. The seller did not respond. I got my money refunded back within 3 days
Old 08-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by drphilly View Post
The same thing recently happened to me on AliExpress. Invalid tracking number provided by seller. I filed a dispute with AliExpress. The seller did not respond. I got my money refunded back within 3 days
Glad to hear of positive outcome drphilly