It amazes me! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default It amazes me!

Some people can actually stay on ebay with no problems at all. I know a guy that has been on since 98 with no problems, no negative feedback & no neutrals. He's a Top Rated: Seller with highest buyer ratings. It just doesn't seem possible to me.

I was a power seller doing great for a while.

Then one day I sold 4 large Star Wars vehicles to a guy in CA. I packed them all up in a huge box & gave him the exact price the USPS charged. From the East coast to CA. + a balloon charge it was $36.00. He didn't like the price & was bitching about it. I explained that it was the EXACT PRICE THE USPS CHARGED.

He left me negative feedbacks & low DSR ratings. Next thing I know I was below standard, no longer a power seller & then one day I get an email from ebay saying I can't sell anymore.

It just doesn't seem possible how some people can survive without any problems. It blows my mind!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-30-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: It amazes me!

I noticed a seller last week, selling designer clothing.

They had no negative, neutral, or revised feedbacks in the last 12 months. They had just over 1000 positive.

I found it quite incredible. Especially as a few days later I received a negative because the guy didn't like the country his item was made in.
Old 07-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@just smile

Did you check if he did any feedback revisions?
Old 07-30-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Revised feedback was 0.

To be fair, aswell as being amazed and awestruck, I also realised I have room for improvement. If they can be perfect, why can't i.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
employeea1 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014

Longevity: 90%

i had an account which had run for 4 years, 14,000+ pos feedbacks, dsr's all 9.8 or higher, but then,
still selling the same items all of a sudden i have within 1 week 4 customers that were not happy, i refunded them right away and sent nice email saying sorry and not asking them to return the items,....

one week later email from ebbbay saying you can no longer sell because we don't like your business model ....

3 days later lost a 12,000 pos feedback account, got same email and although this account had not had a bad run they were able to link it,

to try and save one or both and nothing to loose i decide to phone eebbbay, and the long and short of it is...

i did the 4 refunds too quickly, the rep said that flagged it up, if i had let them message me and so on and spread it out abit more chances are i would of been fine, but the 2 accounts are gone forever...

but he did say "don't worry you can still use them to buy with" lmfao,

and yet you see the huge sellers who have 1000's of negs and nuets per
month many of which they must be refunding and they have no problem, lol
they must have a better business model i guess .....

Last edited by benny; 07-30-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
If they can be perfect, why can't i.
One thing you have to do, which I learned the hard way, is put FREE SHIPPING on everything. The only problems I ever have on ebay are shipping problems.

A few years ago I had to learn the hard way to NEVER ship outside the USA. That cost me an account. Now I learned to NEVER charge shipping separetly. Always put the shipping price in the sale price. That cost me another account.

They say 3 strikes & you're out but with ebay it's 1 strike & you're out. Once you get hit they don't even give you a chance to recover.
Old 07-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny View Post
i did the 4 refunds too quickly, the rep said that flagged it up, if i had let them message me and so on and spread it out abit more chances are i would of been fine, but the 2 accounts are gone forever...

You gotta be kidding me! Say it isn't so! How the hell is anybody supposed to predict stupid retarded crap like that? Is the speed of refunds even mentioned in their rules & policies? Losing the entire account & feedback because you gave refunds? This world is sicker than I could ever imagine.
Old 07-30-2014

Longevity: 88%

I don't get it either... i was a seller since the beginning.. '95-'08 powerseller.. 200k+ fb on original account. Not long after the seller performance stuff started.. i swear a competitor put someone up to buy hundreds of my lower priced items and negative all of them.. just a few big orders out of the thousands i sold per month.. i desperately tried to rectify but still shut me out of ebay...
Old 07-30-2014

Longevity: 64%

Some just fall through the cracks like anything else. I know a lady that has made close to 100k per year since 96 with a few suspensions but is still there none the less. I was not so lucky for 1 false complaint. Like Warf said, "gone now!"