How come the same auctions get pulled on one account and not the other? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-15-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default How come the same auctions get pulled on one account and not the other?

Hey all, I haven't been replying for a long time but I've been reading. Anyways, Ebay suspended me for "abusing ebay". I now have 2 ID's, bought on the day of suspension.

I listed the same items on both (changing description, title, location, etc, pictures) but on A account 5 auctions were pulled while on account B the same items were not pulled.

I was just wondering if there are possible "Trigger" words/things that Ebay's softwares can detect?

I have been listing about 3-5 items a day since I bought the account and I never list more than 15 items on an account. Each item sells for around $80-100. I also try to start each item at a different price...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Sometimes you get caught , sometimes you don't. Sometimes Ebay sees 1 thing, sometimes they turn a blind eye on the other. Sometimes a competitor turns you in on 1 account, sometimes the competitor doesnt sees the other account..
Old 07-15-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Sometimes you get caught , sometimes you don't. Sometimes Ebay sees 1 thing, sometimes they turn a blind eye on the other. Sometimes a competitor turns you end on 1 account, sometimes the competitor doesnt sees the other account..
That's true. It's not a strict yes or no game with eBay. With some items it is, but for the most part its more dynamic then that. There are people involved. One of the reasons to mix up your auctions between accounts.
Old 07-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Oh I see, because I got an email that SIPI IN (which is that software detector) detected my auctions. I have been thinking without end on what exactly triggers the pulling of an auction...

Now I'm adding some stupid things like toys just to mix it up a little. Not sure if it will work though..

What do you mean there are people involved?
Old 07-15-2007
Banned

here is the detection software website. I think I'm going to call them and act like I want to sign up and see exactly how it works..

Strategic Intellectual Property Information (SIPI)
Old 07-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Hey please update all of us! thanks...

P.S. I think they are in India?
Old 07-16-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

There are definately trigger words and they mainly rely on that. I've tested it and have confirmed this. But sometimes you will see an auction for something which is obviously against their TOS and the seller still gets away with it. I'm not sure if it's because they get extra points because they've been registered for so long or it's because the software doesn't work that precisely. I guess being registered for 2 years buying and selling has it's priviledges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I think you should try to figure out what is wrong with your listings. I have never had a listing pulled except under that inane "excessive shipping policy" and there, yes, it has been hit or miss. The ironic thing is I now changed it to calculate S&H&P and the end result is...my customers are paying me more! but EBAY is happy. ?
I told you raising the price should fix it
Old 07-16-2007
Threadstarter  

No... my auctions which were for clothing were pulled by a VERO member... and guess which one:

THE RICHMOND GROUP. which is: a management of base buiding, fit-up as a single project Vendor-engineered plumbing, process and electrical installations. Clean room and microelectronics ...

It obviously has nothing to do with what I am selling. This doesn't make sense...

My other user ID has the same listings as I said but didn't get pulled...
Old 07-16-2007
Threadstarter  

um , it's not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but a lot of people DO sell the same thing I do but it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

can someone update me where CPUGEEK is? I have been missing for some time, and am just curious..
Old 07-16-2007
Banned

They just canceled all my auctions expect 1 becuase of nothing. I was selling DVD's that i bought on sale from a department store . I just can't stand ebay. and their is about 20 people selling the same thing and acutally are telling their buyers that the dvd is a bootleg and ebay does nothing?

I hate, I hate ebay. Why do they knock me for dvd that I said and did buy from a department store but other buyers are selling the same thing saying "this DVD comes from china and is a import with chinesse writing on it."

i just don't get it. And the thing is that I had a stock picture posted.

I really do think its keywords that trigger their bots..

But you better believe I'm going to study the other auctions and use their wording and repost again
Old 07-16-2007
Banned

What i think is because i listed too many of the same item at once. i figured i bought all the DVD's sets at once while they were on a mega sale I might as well sell them all at once.

i also saw that most buyers only list 2 -4 per time. So I spread out my listings between 3 accounts. With each account having 3 sets going at once. Sucks I have to do that.
Old 07-17-2007
Threadstarter  

yea the accounts that I got suspended on, I was listing like 5-6 auctions of the SAME thing a day, so I got suspended like BAM. I'm going to try to sell 3 different items on my new account and see if that works.