question about paypal account going into minus. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default question about paypal account going into minus.

Hey peeps,

I got a question I hope you can help me with.

I'm on ebay and I have a paypal account. All with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details, been following the guide on this website..etc.. it's all been working fine.

I'm in a spot of bother at the moment with a troublesome ebay customer. He bought a camera from me a few months ago and now he's raised a dispute and I'm worried the inevitable will happen and that he's going to do a dreaded charge back on his credit card. The transaction was for around £1000 ($2000)

My question is this: If my paypal account goes into minus £1000, can I be traced in any way? My paypal account is registered with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details. But the bank account attached to it is real of course.

How big does the minus amount have to do until paypal get really serious and chase you up via the police..etc.. Or do they not bother?

thanks everyone.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-07-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Paypal will take the funds from your Bank account if it goes in the negative. If they can't do that they'll send your balance to a collection agency which will try to collect from you, if they can't find you then you're clear.
Old 09-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Aspkin, thanks for the reply.

Modee, stop the scaremongering. You just want me to pay you for "one on one tech" that you sent me a PM about, immediately after I posted this thread.
Old 09-07-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Unsalted you've gotta understand that Paypal will go to extrodinary measures to get you to pay the money you owe them. Now you tell me man you pay modee the small fraction of a fee or you pay Paypal two grand. If I were you I would go with modee. Modee will get you out of hot waters 100%.
Also modee offered you the help for a small fee. He can do better things with his time but he choose to help people like you who seem to think that he is just wanting to aquire the fee. Come on mr.nuts are you nuts?

Last edited by John14789; 09-07-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2008
Banned

Unsalted, Modee is right. I once thought I could stiff Paypal on a false chargeback and I couldn't get back on Paypal for months. Believe me, unless you're absolutely certain your Paypal account creation methods are untraceable, you had better watch out.
Old 09-07-2008
Threadstarter  

LOL, you people are ridiculous. You sound like car salesmen 'politely' pushing to close a deal.

Why on earth would I need to hand over money to Modee regarding this issue. I already pretty much knew that I'd be in the clear with paypal as long the address details on my paypal account weren't real. And they're not. And Aspkin confirmed that. That's all I needed. I didn't expect to come here and be confronted by pushy salesmen.

Last edited by Modee; 09-08-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2008
Banned

Then don't complain if you, for some odd reason, can't get back on Paypal.
Old 09-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeneva View Post
Then don't complain if you, for some odd reason, can't get back on Paypal.
For some odd reason? What, some kind of mysterious and unfathomable reason that only Modee can solve by handing some money over to him? Oh please, gimme a break. You people are sounding utterly ridiculous now.

You know not everyone that comes to this forum is a complete moron you know. Some of us do have brains and can quite easily work things out for ourselves.

Last edited by Modee; 09-08-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

unsaltednuts, please keep us updated on your progress.
Old 09-08-2008

Longevity: 93%

unsaltednuts, it's not for me to say if modee pushes his "one on one" a little too much considering this is an open forum but anyway as a newbie, insulting long standing members of this forum is not the correct approach and any help you require may not be forthcoming.
Old 09-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaliz View Post
unsaltednuts, it's not for me to say if modee pushes his "one on one" a little too much considering this is an open forum but anyway as a newbie, insulting long standing members of this forum is not the correct approach and any help you require may not be forthcoming.
Oh really? Please enlighten me as to where and when I have insulted a forum member? Maybe I construe the photo Modee posted as rather insulting. But wait, he's allowed to go around doing as he pleases, just because he's Modee.

As for any forthcoming help - well obviously this forum is not the place to come for it anymore. I've already spoken to another member today who was rather annoyed at being badgered by Modee to cough up some cash for his special "one on one" help. I realise there's a recession going on, but this is absurd. And the way Modee goes around PM-ing people is rather underhanded if you ask me.

I mean, to even suggest that I need special 'one on one' help for my original post is senseless. I don't even have an issue with paypal. There is no issue to resolve. It was just call for thoughts. Aspkin seemed to get the idea. Everyone else seems to be pushing be into paying Modee. I guess you get a cut of Modee's profits or something.
Old 09-08-2008

Longevity: 93%

I'm not suggesting you need any "one on one" help, if you had read my post properly you would have realized for yourself. I also mentioned this was an open forum and anybody is allowed to ask for help and most of the time forum members do respond with the solution, however on some occassions, some forum members do recommend the services of Modee for more complex issues, again I am not suggesting yours is/was a complex issue.
Old 09-08-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsaltednuts View Post
For some odd reason? What, some kind of mysterious and unfathomable reason that only Modee can solve by handing some money over to him? Oh please, gimme a break. You people are sounding utterly ridiculous now.

You know not everyone that comes to this forum is a complete moron you know. Some of us do have brains and can quite easily work things out for ourselves.

You People? What do you mean, You People?
Old 09-08-2008
Administrator

Ah, this thread is off topic. Thread Closed.