Suspended, have another 8 yr old account. Safe to use? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-01-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Suspended, have another 8 yr old account. Safe to use?

Needless to say, my primary account has been suspended for good. I tried to get reinstated, but after several faxes and emails my request was denied. I've read though this forum and eBay Stealth (the first version, I can't seem to find my activation key to check out the recent changes) so I think I have at least a basic idea of how to start over. I'm having a hell of a time getting my IP address to change (cable internet), so that's what's holding me up right now.

Anyway, I remembered I had this old account just sitting out there so I tried to log in. I finally got the password correct and it popped up a message that I needed to verify the account with a phone call because of inactivity (it was last used in 2002). I was using a VPN and wasn't ready to take a phone call (I didn't really expect to get the password right after 6yrs), so I just closed the browser and haven't tried to log on since.

This account MAY have been used with my current paypal account, to sell 1 item back in 2002 (and buy a few things as well). I'm sure the name on the account is mine, but I've lived in 3 different cities since then, so I don't think any of the other information would be the same as the suspended account. My question is, if I'm able to get the IP address changed and I take care of the cookies and all of that, will it be possible to use this account or are they already linked? If I do use it, would it be best to use a merchant account?

I've been browsing these forums for quite a while and you guys have given great advise to alot of people. Any suggestions here are appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

It wouldn't hurt to delete all cookies/flash cookies and change ip address and then try using the account. I would suggest making a couple back-up accounts while using that older account in case the older account does get suspended. If that account is up for over a month I would say you are safe and not to worry about it getting linked.
Old 09-02-2008

Longevity: 90%

The key question is, if ebay keeps tabs of old IP uses. If they do, can they see that a suspended user used another account, which both have the same IP address, so in their database they have a record that account A and account B are linked? Or maybe paypal has this info stored?

BTW: Does anyone know if ebay monitors this site? Can they see if their member (suspended or not) wrote here, etc? :D
Old 09-02-2008

And how about an account younger then 8 years?

Probably every seller has one or a few back up accounts, which they used for buying etc. Are those safe to use? (if the user info were basically different.)

The PP accounts would usually be linked, but if one "unlinks" it now...?
Old 09-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack123 View Post
The key question is, if ebay keeps tabs of old IP uses. If they do, can they see that a suspended user used another account, which both have the same IP address, so in their database they have a record that account A and account B are linked? Or maybe paypal has this info stored?

BTW: Does anyone know if ebay monitors this site? Can they see if their member (suspended or not) wrote here, etc? :D
good question I used three or four different computers with my suspended account ie work etc are all of them of limit now? or is it just the one you registered with.
Old 09-08-2008

Thumbs down Ebay bites

Whats up room? Are these ebay accounts for real?
Old 09-08-2008

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

The both accounts will be linked if you access the accounts with the same ip.the new one will be suspeneded too.You need to change your IP,clear cookies in order to run the business with new account on ebay again.
Old 09-08-2008

No, Of course one would never again use the suspended account!

I was asking about changing the IP, and then using only the (old) backup account, which always had mostly different info, and was never used to sell.