Linked Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 08-03-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Linked Accounts

Hi All,

I've been selling since March using a stealth account, started slow, built my way up and became a business seller, top rated, 220/7000 limits.
I had numerous phone calls with eB and PP, in which time all PP limits were lifted and seller limits raised to the numbers stated above.

I called last week to see if they could raise them again and I was given a manual review and linked to an old account. My guess is that my wife bought something from a website and used PP Guest checkout which linked our real surname to the IP.

I have now been given 21 days to resolve the old account, which I have thoroughly denied being associated with.

In this time I can sell items previously listed, buy, but not list new items - and after 21 days I will be suspended.

I have been processing orders still, processing refunds, paying my fees.

My question is, what are the chances of me calling, showing that i've been still processing orders, refunds, paying fees and them un-restricting.
My guess is that there is more chance of me winning the lottery, and I have already started a new stealth now using a VPN, but this account was doing so well - great feedback, great DSR, top rated...

Looking forward to some answers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: Linked Accounts

Once accounts are linked, I don't see a way out of it. You can try to salvage them, but your chances are slim to nil.

Take a step back and understand what just happened so you don't make this mistake again.

Based on what you've stated so far, here are just a couple of mistakes you've made...

1. Calling into eB and PP - this puts human eyes on your account and led to the manual review. Every CSR agent is a mouse click away from shutting down your account. Kno this.

2. Using another account within your household with the same IP.

You say that you are using a stealth account, but you are not following basic stealth practices. My suggestion is to start anew with another stealth account, but follow the stealth practices to a tee.
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
efo (08-03-2014)
Old 08-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
Once accounts are linked, I don't see a way out of it. You can try to salvage them, but your chances are slim to nil.

Take a step back and understand what just happened so you don't make this mistake again.

Based on what you've stated so far, here are just a couple of mistakes you've made...

1. Calling into eB and PP - this puts human eyes on your account and led to the manual review. Every CSR agent is a mouse click away from shutting down your account. Kno this.

2. Using another account within your household with the same IP.

You say that you are using a stealth account, but you are not following basic stealth practices. My suggestion is to start anew with another stealth account, but follow the stealth practices to a tee.
Thanks for your reply.

From starting the new account, to getting suspended we moved house - so I assumed the new IP would be fine at the new address.

From now on I won't be straying from the VPN, and the phone calls went fine the first few times, limits raised, restrictions lifted - lesson learnt I guess, just let the account grow naturally without requesting more listing limits.
Old 08-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
From starting the new account, to getting suspended we moved house - so I assumed the new IP would be fine at the new address.
No. A new IP is only one aspect of it.

Since you didn't state it, then I'm assuming you used the same computer with the new IP? If so, then you co-mingled the new IP with the same old Windows user account. This is probably what flagged you.

When dealing with a new stealth account, everything must be new.

IP address
Physical address
Name & DOB
Email
Phone number
Credit Card
Windows User Account

Quote:
From now on I won't be straying from the VPN, and the phone calls went fine the first few times, limits raised, restrictions lifted - lesson learnt I guess, just let the account grow naturally without requesting more listing limits.
Yes, that is an important lesson learned here. Let the accounts grow naturally rather than calling into eB and PP.
Old 08-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
When dealing with a new stealth account, everything must be new.

IP address
Physical address
Name & DOB
Email
Phone number
Credit Card
Windows User Account
IP started with a VPN, then used my home network when we moved.
Physical address was slightly altered. (this must have contributed)
Name and DOB were made up. (Mrs used same Surname when ordering from a website - this must have triggered something too.)
New £15 phone from a supermarket.
VCC from Entropay.
Created a new logon on my macbook.

I must have slipped somewhere else too, as the T&S person said it was a "strong link".

I bought the eBook about 8 months ago, just found it on my external hard drive, going to have another good read of it.
Old 08-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Did you sell same things? Reused photos?
Old 08-06-2014

Longevity: 76%

VPN isn't the safest of methods. May be worth using a dongle or looking at BT Hub as they do provide a new IP regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efo View Post
IP started with a VPN, then used my home network when we moved.
Physical address was slightly altered. (this must have contributed)
Name and DOB were made up. (Mrs used same Surname when ordering from a website - this must have triggered something too.)
New £15 phone from a supermarket.
VCC from Entropay.
Created a new logon on my macbook.

I must have slipped somewhere else too, as the T&S person said it was a "strong link".

I bought the eBook about 8 months ago, just found it on my external hard drive, going to have another good read of it.
Old 08-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Did you sell same things? Reused photos?
Never reused photos, but they are used car parts, so inevitably some are going to be the same as I dismantle a specific car brand.
Old 08-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
VPN isn't the safest of methods. May be worth using a dongle or looking at BT Hub as they do provide a new IP regularly.
I'm with Virgin, so i've been using my iPhone to tether and i've hooked a old wireless Belkin router up until my IP lease expires.

Just need to make sure the host name isn't the same when it renews.
Old 08-06-2014

Longevity: 75%

If your wife is using a paypal account or guest with the same ip address then there's your link