I Was Suspended 9/4/2008- But I Still Receive Ebay Emails? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-08-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default I Was Suspended 9/4/2008- But I Still Receive Ebay Emails?

Dear All,

First time since 1998 when I became an Ebay member that I got suspended.

I listed a Nike Jacket which is AUTHENTIC and I received an MC064 Notice that Item infringes copyright. 2 days after, my account was suspended for a minimum of 7 days with the usual bla bla in the email.

I emailed Ebay with a copy of the receipt for the item and they told me that the Vero member requested pull down of my listing and there was nothing they could do.

I asked them if they can give me a 2nd chance and I wont list the Authentic Nike jacket if its not allowed to list anything Nike even authentic ones.

I also faxed them the forms required for reinstatement and my ID and CC billing statement.

I am still waiting for a response, do you think they will reinstate my account? Is there any chance?

I was also wondering because I have been receiving EBAY MEMBER MESSAGES which puzzles me. Some of the people that bought from me emailed me via Ebay and I was still receiving them after my suspension date. I also received an email notice: "An item you have been watching has been relisted" and true enough, I was watching that item and it was relisted by the seller.

Its my 4th day today of suspension, I am seriously having withdrawals. Hope you guys can give me some insights...

Thanks so much
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2008

Longevity: 95%

Hello:
I have been susp for over a year now-- i still get the generic emails from ebay.
Old 09-08-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

If you have subscribed to watched items, you will continue to receive e-mails from Fleebay until that subscription period ends.
I, fruitlessly, tried to contact Fleebay and ask them to stop sending me e-mail because they suspended my account and I could no longer use it. They "helpfully" replied and told me to create a junk mail folder and re-direct the e-mails there, for deletion. Thankfully, the subscription expired.
Old 09-08-2008
Threadstarter  

So do you think there is a chance I will be reinstated?

What I was selling was AUTHENTIC and not ⊗⊗⊗⊗, I have the original store receipt and I emailed that to Ebay already. I was not aware that both originals and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cannot be listed on site, what the heck kind of policy was that.

I want to have some hope but seriously, your messages are very gloomy. So there are no chances even though my item was authentic?
Old 09-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Hello:
I have been susp for over a year now-- i still get the generic emails from ebay.
ME TOO, But trying to making a new account. :D
Old 09-08-2008

I was suspended too, there is a slim chance you will get reinstated. You should just make a whole new account with an all new name, PP account, bank account etc. Good luck!
Old 09-08-2008
Threadstarter  

I just cant do that I think, my account has 7,000 feedbacks ;( and I am hoping to get reinstated. Does it help I was a gold-level powerseller?

I seriously want to cry.
Old 09-08-2008

I wish I could help you. I'm in the same position and I am not getting reinstated. I have read the forums and usually you don't get reinstated. Have you tried emailing them?
Old 09-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Yes I have and they said I just have to wait for their email from their department. I even called them. They said I already did everything and now I just have to wait for the verdict- I also got this generic email response that sometimes the item is perfectly legit on their part but if a vero orders take down of listings, they can only comply.

I am fine with the take down, I just want to re-access my account because that's not the only item Im selling.
Old 09-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Park,

What was your violation? Are you a powerseller too? I am seriously wondering how can this even happen when I have been on Ebay since 1998 and I have NEVER ever sold anything ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I dont understand really what this BS is about. Why would a vero take down a listing even if its authentic?
Old 09-08-2008

Well at least you didn't get an email saying you were indefinately suspended. Since you are a powerseller have you tried calling the 1800 number you have and speaking to you account manager?

I was a powerseller, and I was on ebay for over 10 years. I didn't get suspended for Vero I got suspended for Abusing Ebay, which is even worse because I have no idea what that means! I sold alot of Vero items though, lots of handbags, BUT i always took tons of pictures so I never had a problem with Vero.
Old 09-08-2008
Threadstarter  

I actually had not thought of the powerseller number, I will ask Ebay for that and will call them on the 7th day if I dont get any response. I actually contacted the vero member email they gave me and i sent 2 emails with proofs that my item was authentic and they did not even reply ;(

What does Abusing Ebay mean??? Thats totally absurd, did they point out some listings or something that they pulled on you?
Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Smile

Hi guys,

I was reinstated today, thank you for your insights
Old 09-09-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

Congrats!
I hope it lasts.
Old 09-09-2008

Longevity: 93%

Since you keep getting emails from ebay including watched items for 6 months, that is a daily invitation from ebay to continue to use their system even after they told you you are indefinitely suspended and that you cannot open a new account or use other logins that you have. In the event of problems later on, you can always say that ebay invites you to use their system on a daily basis. I keep extending my subscriptions for just that reason.

You never know, tomorrow ebay may decide to legally hassles you for getting a new account or using an existing account when you are suspended, you have emails granting their permission to use their system on a daily basis. Just hit the delete button.
Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

I have been contacting the VERO member to ask what exactly did I do wrong and well, no replies. Ebay said I should contact them if the vero member does not respond within 5 days so I'll do that. I just wanted to know the exact reason, because the item is Authentic and I have the store receipt.

Needless to say, I will drop every namebrand thing on my inventory. Ebay is fragile at the moment, I am not sure whats up but they are suspending people left and right.