Suspended by eBay. Need a second chance. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Question Suspended by eBay. Need a second chance.

I bought the EbayStealth book last week and I found very helpful information since all of my eBay accounts have been suspended. I wished I bought it one year earlier because I lost some precious time and friend's identities not knowing how eBay tracks and suspends accounts.

I need to get back on track because I am a professional eBay seller and all of my income depends on my eBay sales.

I understood that the idea for a new registration is to use completely different information that is not linked to your previous one in ANY way.

I want to take the max. precautions and to make sure that I will be not suspended again.

Therefore I did and will do the following:

1. I rented a small office space, so I will have a different physical address.
2. Will use a different internet service with another IP from the new office space.
3. Will open a new bank account/ debit card with the office address as billing address.
4. New phone number.
5. Another PC with fresh install of Windows XP.
6. Will use the SSN of my wife that has been never registered with PayPal.
7. Will start to sell slowly and will try to offer some different type of products.
8. Will make new auctions with different description/ pictures and will not use the same auction manager software.

Basically everything will be different - except the name of the ebay/PayPal account holder - my wife.

This is my main concern. She was registered already by eBay and she shared her previous bank account information with them.

The problem is that our names are not common American names. I doubt that there is another person with that particular name in our city, state or even in USA.:(

What do you think is there a chance that eBay links us again? I really need to be as sure as possible because I will broke if eBay ruins my business again. This is one of our last chances.

I will be very thankful to anyone who can give me a hint or advice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Ebay will not link on Name alone, they need more then that. You're okay to use the same name, but if you can change a letter or two.
Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Ebay will not link on Name alone, they need more then that. You're okay to use the same name, but if you can change a letter or two.
Thank you for the helpful reply. I will try to use a variation of the name.

Do you have any other suggestions that could help me not to be busted again?
Old 09-09-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

what kinda items do u plan to sell. Certain items are high risk at first.
Old 09-09-2008

Good thread. I am in the same situation.
Old 09-09-2008

Longevity: 91%

I would recommend using a Merchant Account.
Depending on how much income you'll be generating, you might want to consider contacting Modee for some one-on-one tech support. Consider it preventative maintenance.
Old 09-09-2008

The part I've yet to understand, but have gotten away with it is the following:

You give a variation of your name...

For example: If your name is Miles Doleman

But, you register at ebay and paypal as Miles Dolemen (or perhaps use your middle name like Joseph Doleman).. And give paypal your SS#, when they check your ss# and do the soft credit check, don't they see that your name is Miles Doleman and not Miles Dolemen ( or again, if you use your middle name like Joseph Doleman)??

Basically, what I'm saying is, when they ask for your SS#, and the name you have registered with paypal and ebay does not correspond with that ss# number, doesn't that eventually raise some suspicion on their behalf ??
Old 09-09-2008

Does PP already have your SSN?
Oh... your wife's SSN. I believe your name has to match the name on the SSN exactly.
Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by importracer150 View Post
what kinda items do u plan to sell. Certain items are high risk at first.

Mainly we are at the computer/ computer parts business.
For example we could clean up our garage from some old stuff and will try to find some different market niche.

We do not sell VERO items.
Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixx831 View Post
The part I've yet to understand, but have gotten away with it is the following:

You give a variation of your name...

For example: If your name is Miles Doleman

But, you register at ebay and paypal as Miles Dolemen (or perhaps use your middle name like Joseph Doleman).. And give paypal your SS#, when they check your ss# and do the soft credit check, don't they see that your name is Miles Doleman and not Miles Dolemen ( or again, if you use your middle name like Joseph Doleman)??

Basically, what I'm saying is, when they ask for your SS#, and the name you have registered with paypal and ebay does not correspond with that ss# number, doesn't that eventually raise some suspicion on their behalf ??

Maybe I would try M. Doleman or Miles (Middle Name) Doleman. I also think it is not a good idea to change a letter of the name.

Someone has some more experience with that kind of issue probably?
Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
I would recommend using a Merchant Account.
Depending on how much income you'll be generating, you might want to consider contacting Modee for some one-on-one tech support. Consider it preventative maintenance.
The merchant account option scares me because a person has to take a close look at your application. I guess we have to provide all of our information.

I would consider merchant account after my eBay account gets some more feedback.
Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
Does PP already have your SSN?
Oh... your wife's SSN. I believe your name has to match the name on the SSN exactly.

No, PayPal does not have it.
Old 09-10-2008

You should be fine providing your info to a Merchant Account.
You can use Modee's method of using Cart Manager as a go-between to prevent eBay from accessing your Merchant Account contact info.
Old 09-10-2008

My account got suspended for selling 1 piece of software that I had laying around unopend. It was legit not a copy or anything I just bought it and never used it. When I got the listing removed I read their terms of service, took their VeRo tutorial and everything seemed fine. My item didn't fall into any of the categories listed so I thought it was a mistake and re-listed it. Well you know what happened... permanently banned! WTF! I saw hundreds of other listings for the same item selling just fine? I contacted ebay to find out how they came to the conclusion that my item was a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or copy or not an authorized version. They said they don't verify that info. If the rights owner claims it is not real they remove it! So, after a little research I found that ANYONE can flag your item and ebay will remove it! Is there no protection for the sellers? I didn't buy or sell much on ebay but it was a convenient way to get rid of unwanted items. Not any more! After reading all the similar posts I have called the local news (an NBC affiliate) and they are very interested in doing a story about ebay bullying buyers around and luering them in with the whole "own your own business" thing only to, at some point in time when individuals are relying on this for their livelyhood, CANCEL THEIR ACCOUNTS without verifying that they did anything wrong! Enough negative press and it will hurt them in their pocketbooks... i.e. stock price!
Old 09-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

lonestar1025---
Welcome to the Forum...

As for your post
This is nothing new. This has been going in for years. Read through the forum topics and you will see how long ebay has been canceling peoples accounts for selling 100% authentic items.
I have had 1 account NARUed for selling 100% totally authentic items. Other sellers reported my listings and POOF I was gone.
O-well.... Next account.