How to get multiple bank accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-12-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Thumbs down How to get multiple bank accounts?

hi,i've surfed this site for a week & still havent found the answer... I read the ebay Stealth Book.. Im using my young son's bank account now to verify my paypal account.. still dont understand how to get another bank account with a different name. Anyone know exact websites to get an anonymous account? I know I could create a new one with a business name (which i plan to do) locally but how do people get MULTIPLE bank accounts (all for the sole purpose of getting verified by paypal of course.)?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-12-2008

You don't need a bank account with a new name... Paypal/Ebay do not check the names on the bank accounts... They just verify that the accounts are legit active accounts...

I believe it was Modee, (I'm not sure to be exact so forgive me), but someone said something along the lines of, both ebay and paypal care about the numbers... It's all numbers with them...That's a good rule to remember..

Basically, what you need to do is just get a legit bank account (in your name or your sons I suppose)-- but use a different name for ebay and paypal... Just make sure the name you give paypal is the same name you get ebay...

Get your paypal account setup and verified before proceeding with ebay...
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

ALL bank accounts that you own must be in your own name.
That is not a problem with eBay/Paypal. It is a federal requirement since 9/11 and Homeland Security.
eBay/Paypal will never know what name is on the account unless you, the user, tells them.
And you, the user, should NEVER tell them.
1 Bank account (in your own name) + 1 Credit card (in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name A) = 1 Paypal account (in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name A) = 1 eBay account (in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name A)
TANSTAAFL (07-28-2011)
Old 09-13-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
yes, the Patriot Act requires strict identification , so all bank accts must be in your own name,
OR--
in a Company, LLC, name, with you as a Principal..
Old 09-13-2008

if your going to have multiple ebay account don't you need multiple bank account in your name? you can't use the same bank account for all can you?
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

There are a lot of conflicting theories here.

1. In order to become a seller, one needs a verified paypal account.
2. To get a verified paypal account, you need 1 physical bank account.
3.You cannot use "bank account A" to setup multiple paypal accounts because paypal stores your unique sort code / account number combination on file.
5. You also need to verify your ebay sellers account by fone. This also needs ONE landline number per account.
6. You cannot use Entropay to verify yourself any longer.

I know the facts. Just not the solutions. Would love to hear someones tried and tested methods. Preferably from 2008.

Cortex
Old 09-13-2008

Longevity: 93%

Cortex,

Your facts seem correct. Read the Stealth Book and forums for suggestions.

One quick pointers -

For phone verification, you can use a throw away prepaid cell phone like trac phone.
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Hi thanks for the tip. But i live in the UK and I have no idea what a "trac" is. Besides ebay doesnt call mobiles (or phoneboxes, which i tried today) but insists on landlines. its a bit inconvenient asking friends to pick up their fones every 2 minutes to jot down a 4 digit pin code ;-)

My account got busted this week so im trying what I can to get a new account. Its not as easy as I thought.

Not sure its worthy buying the book just yet. Information is useless unless its acted upon. The only acts I feel i need to do are goto the bank and apply for more accounts. This is easier said than done. Not to mention it will take 1 week to set up, plus 1 week to verify the paypal plus 1 week to gain feedback prior to selling merchandise.

its a long and arduous proces..unless you know a quick solution??..
Old 09-13-2008

I've used a cell number for the verification and it worked for me.
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrillaveli View Post
I've used a cell number for the verification and it worked for me.
I live in the UK - UNITED KINGDOM, not the USA, but the UNITED KINGDOM.
Its a small island ? Posh accents ? Tea drinkers ? Queen Elizabeth ?....
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Would love to buy the book, but im sure its more useful for those who live in the USA
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Cortex....
If you would place a location in your user profile on this forum then some people would notice that you are NOT in the USA.
Then that location would show up under your name as my location show up under mine.

There is also a section on this forum for UK issues, I have noticed that you found it.
kris_m24 (05-06-2010)
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

done. thanks for the tip.
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound2wyn View Post
I read the ebay Stealth Book.. 1.)still dont understand how to get another bank account with a different name. 2)Anyone know exact websites to get an anonymous account? 3) how do people get MULTIPLE bank accounts (all for the sole purpose of getting verified by paypal of course.)?

still the main questions remain unanswered. even for someone who purchased the "bible"

hmmm..
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

I personally have more than 10 bank accounts.
All are used for eBay/Paypal accounts.
All were opened in my real name.
All bank accounts MUST have you real information (in the USA) since 9/11 and the Patriot Act.
All eBay/Paypal accounts are still running as of now.
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

If someone who purchased the book is having difficulties circumventing the main isues of getting back on ebay..what hope is there for those without the book????
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Some people understand the obvious when it is pointed out to them while others do not.
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Fair enough
Old 09-13-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

UK members might want to peruse the link below and see if any of the cards will work for PP verification.

UK Prepaid card issuers
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanks for the link, BUT..to be paypal verified, you need a physical bank account.
Maybe im being really dumb here BUT..what do i need a prepaid CC for except to raise limits on the paypal account? sorry if im askin a really obvious question but im sure others r thinking this also...
Old 09-13-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

cortex, looks like you're right. In the UK, it seems that credit cards are used to lift limits and also for Expanded Use:

Quote:
Once you have opened a PayPal account, you can start making PayPal payments right away.

However, for security reasons, there are limits to the amount you can send and withdraw. To lift these limits, you can complete some additional steps and gain the status of Verified.

Please note that even if you are Verified now, at some later stage PayPal may be legally required to request additional information in order to know more about our customers.

4. How do I become Verified?

The verification process varies from person to person since it is based on factors such as account type and how payments are being funded. There are four ways in which you may become Verified. Depending on your profile, you may not be required to complete all four, and you will certainly not be required to complete all four at the same time.

Set up bank funding with PayPal. You can then fund your PayPal payments with your bank account.

Step 1: Log in to your PayPal account and click on Get Verified on the left hand side of your Account Overview page. When prompted, enter your bank details and review our Direct Debit agreement.

Step 2: When we have received your bank details, we will deposit two small amounts into your bank account. When you see your next bank statement, make a note of these amounts.

Step 3: Log in to your PayPal account and tell us what these two amounts are.

When you have completed all three steps, you can then start sending PayPal payments funded by your bank account.

Accept a phone call from PayPal

Step 1: We ask you to check that the address and home telephone number you registered with your debit or credit card are correct.

Step 2: Once you have done this we issue you with a PIN number.

Step 3: PayPal will then call your home telephone number and ask you to confirm this PIN number.

This is the second phase of verification with PayPal. It is a secure and easy way of verifying your identity and protecting the security of our payment network for everyone.

Expanded Use Programme

Step 1: Go to your PayPal account, click Status in your Account Overview and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If you have entered a Switch or Solo card, we withdraw two small amounts from your bank account (less than £1.00 GBP each). If you have entered a Mastercard, Amex or Visa card (debit or credit), we charge $1.95 USD and include a four-digit PIN in your bank or credit card statement.

Step 3: Log in to your PayPal account and tell us what the PIN or these two amounts are.

Supplemental Information (Premier and Business Accounts only)
At some point, depending on how much you use PayPal, we may ask you straightforward questions about the nature and size of your expected selling activities. This is because PayPal is required by law to know about its customers. PayPal will not share your information with any third party.
eBay UK: eBay Explained: PayPal: PayPal and Your Bank Account
Old 09-13-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
I personally have more than 10 bank accounts.
All are used for eBay/Paypal accounts.
All were opened in my real name.
All bank accounts MUST have you real information (in the USA) since 9/11 and the Patriot Act.
All eBay/Paypal accounts are still running as of now.
Let me make sure I have this correct. You, "John Doe" were suspended from ebay/paypal. Yet you're up & running with 10 separate bank accounts with the same name "John Doe", each of them separately linked to a different paypal account with a different fictitious name on each paypal account ?

Last edited by bound2wyn; 09-13-2008 at 07:54 PM.