What do you use your vcc for outside ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-18-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default What do you use your vcc for outside ebay?

So, you put $20+ on a vcc and then it just sits there until it's used up. You buy 5 of them and you've spent $100. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to just keep $100-200 "out there" not being used but maybe once a month and that's only IF the account doesn't get banned in the meantime. So the question is...what do you DO with the money? You can't take it with you to the store, and if the address is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, you can't buy something and have it delivered (unless you're feeling charitable and want to risk that address actually existing). So what else can you DO with the money? If there was a way to withdraw it to an account, that would be fine, but I don't think that's an option?? What's left?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So, you put $20+ on a vcc and then it just sits there until it's used up. You buy 5 of them and you've spent $100. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to just keep $100-200 "out there" not being used but maybe once a month and that's only IF the account doesn't get banned in the meantime. So the question is...what do you DO with the money? You can't take it with you to the store, and if the address is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, you can't buy something and have it delivered (unless you're feeling charitable and want to risk that address actually existing). So what else can you DO with the money? If there was a way to withdraw it to an account, that would be fine, but I don't think that's an option?? What's left?
Jack I think we have told you before you can use them cards to buy anything off the internet. Their is not set address on the card or name because it is a giftcard.

Merchants will know its a gift card and will deliver your item anywhere you want it to go because I don't think you can chargeback on a VCC. You can also pay your ebay fees with the card
Old 07-19-2007

Longevity: 98%
Arrow

OK, Here is what I do and it is the best!!
Get the VCC - use it to verify your account or whatever. You can then later pay your fees with ebay a different way but the card number just sits there.

THEN... I do not know if I should share this they might close it down or figure out a way to stop it...... Oh the headache, the pain of sharing.... Mom always told me to share with my brothers and sister.... I hated it then..

BUT... You all here need some type of break seeing that you all got canned for various reasons

SO... Take your nice little VCC and go to (I wont use names but if you can not figure it out then....you are outta luck) that big dvd or cd membership place and sign up for the 5 fors or the 12 fors or whatever deal they have going on..... pay with the VCC.... Total dvd cost $2.45 for 5 dvds....that is 49 cents each... dam that is below wholesale (LOL) and then you have some inventory which you can sell in the process never having to fulfill the contract... AH HA HA....

Honestly, If you can not figure out what to do with the VCC then just donate it to someone that needs it more than you OR Send it to me I know a ton of ways to spend money.

Peace Out Cub Scouts!!!!
Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

It's not that I can't figure out anything to buy. Believe me there's plenty. But the VCC will have the wrong address for when you purchase. Merchants will see the address that you have listed on the card. Since "you" are the giftee, I don't see any reason why they would ship whatever it is under whatever name to wherever you want. That would be just like taking someone else's credit card and making purchases. It doesn't work. I've talked with a couple of the giftcard places and they told me that you can chargeback to the card, just like a credit card. So why would they risk that?

FeeBay, how are you able to have them delivered to the correct address unless the address is just a couple letters or digits off? Mine are always completely different.
Old 07-19-2007
Banned

Jack, I forgot I use giftcards and not VCC. Sorry. But even with giftcards there is not name or address tied to the giftcard so when i buy something off the web I have it shipped basically anywhere
Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Chris, no problem. But I would have thought the same would apply to actual physical giftcards as well. Hmm. Maybe I was mis-informed. If in fact there is no name or address printed or attached in any way through the gift "code" on the card, then the sky's the limit. Although I still don't think you could actually use those gift cards in store, right? Where do you buy your gift cards Chris? Do you get them from Simon or some other place? I always thought from what I've read that Simon had the above restrictions when the name/address info is not accurate.
Old 07-19-2007
Banned

I buy my gift cards thru my friendly corner store. No name or address is attached to the giftcard. It only says giftcard where the name is supposed to be.
Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Ah that's different. That explains.

Those are an ok deal but the activation fees are a lot higher from what I've seen. You might be finding a better supplier.
Old 07-19-2007
Banned

Humm about $3.00 for $20 card, $5 for $50 card and $6 for a 100 card.

i dont mind paying it because I know I will make my money plus some right back on Ebay.
Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Those are a lot lower than the prices I've seen. $14.95 activation fee for a 50 card. No thanks!
Old 07-19-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

you can request money from your account by using a new paypal account that you control it and use the cc or vcc or gift card as backup for your funding.
when the money is there, you can send it to your real Paypal or some accounts that you can withdraw the money.

or you can sign up for an account in moneybooker where you can fund your account using credit card or cc or vcc.

thx
Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

So are you saying to put in a money request from one account to another that you own, have the card as the funding backup, and then once you do send the money to yourself, you then just withdraw the money to your account? I guess that could work...
Old 07-19-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

i did it many times with many gift cards or prepaid cards that i used to lift my limit spending. plus the money is small $20 on this $14 on that .....it is under the radar of paypal (no red flag) . just don't mention the money is for goods or auction , just say for loan or tips .....
good luck
Old 07-20-2007

Longevity: 98%

Jack be nibble, Jack be quick, Jack jumped over the candle stick and burnt his (fill in the blank).... JK

Jack... when you use the VCC to order something (expecially over the internet) they use the AVS system which checks the # of the address and the zip code.

That is why I also use addresses with the same number as my real address and have that address reside in my zip code. Then when you purchase you put the billing information with your real shipping info (use the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name associated with the card or any other ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name) and when they reach out for the AVS it matches

Example:
VCC card:
Johnny Whacker
69 Bite me lane
Bendover, MA 69696

Real Info
George Bush
69 Immoral Lane
Idiot, MA 69696

and there you have it folks packaged delivered, company gets paid on the order (because you are not doing a chargeback) and everyone is happy.. well until the company wants you to fullfill the contract and they send you the letters and mailers. Which is fine by me as I use them to start the fire in the fireplace
Old 07-20-2007
Threadstarter  

That probably wouldn't work then for my plan of international sales. Unless I want a package shipped off to Abu Dhabi Simogold's idea may work better for that. But I'll definately remember that for other accounts So, does the ebay and paypal AVS check work the same way or do they use different criteria?
Old 07-20-2007
Threadstarter  

Simogold, if one account is secondarily funded by the VCC, how would you bypass the primary to be sure the money comes from your VCC? Or are you saying the primary would be the paypal funds themselves and not a checking account? I may have to add a checking account in order to be verified. I know of no other way. I'm not sure which source is drawn from first--checking or credit.