TO void flash cookins from paypal /ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-16-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Red face TO void flash cookins from paypal /ebay

Can we just have one computer for each ebay account or paypal account ,so cookies and flash cookies are not a problem, this way we only have to deal with using a new ip address , any comments are welcome.

Another questions, if after a limitation, they ask you for ssn and you tell them ,that you dont have one, can you fax them a DL , would they take this ?
it work for me before in my old accounts but i m not sure if they would take it now.
Please let me know, thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

U can make a windows user account for each ebay id and would work the same way w/o needing alot of pc's

each user id on windows dose not share cookies or flash cookies

or use this prog IE Privacy Keeper it kills them cookies and flash cookies
Old 09-16-2008

Longevity: 93%

A seperate user account for each ebay account is the ideal solution, this way you don't need to worry about cookies or flash objects.

Otherwise the best cookie/junk/flash object cleaner is "ccleaner", you can download and use it for free.
Old 09-16-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

Modee recommends using Objection, and never ccleaner.
I would side with Modee.
Old 09-16-2008

Longevity: 92%

I asked about the not having a social security number question this weekend when i had to call in. They told me I would have to fax in a copy of my passport.
Old 09-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

I would never give my SSN to paypal let alone my PassPort information.
I personally would let my money sit for 6 months and then pull it out before I would give them that information.
Old 09-27-2008

Default Cookies & passwords

I use a Firefox browser and I have added Objection to "Remove LSO's when browser closes." Plus, when I access Tools I have the option of "Clear Private Data" above Objection. So when I close Firefox and reload it - None of the websites that I visit are remembered - I have checked. But, for example when I access this Forum and I enter my User Name - the Password automatically pops up. I cannot figure out if I am clearing my flash cookies and my passwords since they still seem to be available. BTW - when I accessed this Forum through Safari - which I had never done before, and entered in my user name it didn't remember my password - so this is a Firefox thing. Is this too technical for this Forum or is there a simple answer for the question, how can I tell if my cookies, flash cookies, and passwords are removed? Also, how do I set up a separate "User Account?" BTW - what are LSO's?
Old 09-27-2008

If you chose to have Firefox save your passwords, these are housed elsewhere.
If you are running Windows, click on Start/Help and Support and type in a search for User Accounts.
Where do you see a reference to LSO?

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-27-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-27-2008

Default Cookies, Flash cookies & passwords

First, I use a MacBook Pro and I don't have Windows installed. When I have Firefox loaded and I click on Tools, Objection is the last option on the drop down list. When I click on Objections and then on Settings - I get a box that says
"Automatically remove LSO's - Local Shared Objects are pieces of information placed by flash programs on your computer. They are frequently used like cookies." Next it says,
"Data Directory"
There is a bar with this info:
"Users/(username)/library/preferences/macromedia/flashplayer"

Under this bar is two buttons I can click - "change directory" or "automatic search"
Under that it says "Automatically Remove LSO's" and under that I have 3 options to check -
"Never automatically remove"
"Remove on Browser Open"
"Remove on Browser Close"
(I have chose the last option.) Then it gives you a separate option - "Also Remove Site Settings" which I have checked too.

There are two other boxes I can access when I look at Objection stuff. One is called "File Details" which has no information and the 3rd is "Flash Player Settings" that has a bunch of settings I won't go into right now.

Does any of this make sense to you? I use a Mac and that has complicated this a bit but I did download Objection earlier this week and I can only access these Settings when I am using Firefox. Are LSO's Flash cookies? Does this mean that they are being erased every time I close Firefox? Have you heard of the option on the Tools drop down window that says "Clear Private Data?" That is just above Objection on the drop down menu for Tools. Clear as mud, right?
Old 09-27-2008

flash cookins is that a mix between flash cookies and tookens
Old 09-27-2008

What would we do without Google? (that's rhetorical, by the way)

Google: Mac separate user account
Oh!... look at that! Mac OS X 10.4 Help: Adding a new user account to your computer

Let's try another one:

Google: Firefox LSO
Bingo! It seems like LSO stands for Local Shared Object.

See where I'm going with this?
I don't mean to sound... well... mean.
Take some time and educate yourself. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Old 09-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

I have been running a Macintosh for 10 years and I have almost no problems dealing with eBay/Paypal.
The Mac is a fantastic platform, you just have to take the time to learn how to use it all to your advantage.
Old 09-28-2008

Longevity: 98%

Just have flash simply blocked from running, either using K-Meleon, a firefox extension, or get a browser that has an extensions folder and remove all the files that can run flash and shockwave.

Problem solved.
Old 09-28-2008

Keeping cookies and flash cookies can be a good thing as it lets eBay/PP identify that it's really you and not somebody hacking into your account. This could prevent a verification call from eBay/PP.
That's why I would recommend using separate OS User Accounts.
Old 09-30-2008

Default Flash cookies

Doesn't having separate User Accounts minimize your need to delete cookies - flash or regular? I have several User Accounts set up on my laptop that are very easy to access. I use one just for general surfing and stuff like visiting this site, and separate ones for each eBay account that I am getting ready to set up. As long as I only use the "eBay User Accounts" for the eBay account I have assigned to them, and never login to an eBay account from the wrong User Account - then I can leave all the cookies - right? Wouldn't that look better to eBay anyway? If you never have any cookies doesn't that make eBay suspicious?
Old 09-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
Modee recommends using Objection, and never ccleaner.
I would side with Modee.
Just wondering what the problem is with ccleaner? I have been using it for a while now wiht no problems and from the logs of it it cleans flash objects as well???
Old 09-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendaleigh View Post
Doesn't having separate User Accounts minimize your need to delete cookies - flash or regular? I have several User Accounts set up on my laptop that are very easy to access. I use one just for general surfing and stuff like visiting this site, and separate ones for each eBay account that I am getting ready to set up. As long as I only use the "eBay User Accounts" for the eBay account I have assigned to them, and never login to an eBay account from the wrong User Account - then I can leave all the cookies - right? Wouldn't that look better to eBay anyway? If you never have any cookies doesn't that make eBay suspicious?
I am no expert...infact I'm a total novice lol.......but in my head that would seem like a logical arguement to me......
Old 09-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysways View Post
Can we just have one computer for each ebay account or paypal account ,so cookies and flash cookies are not a problem, this way we only have to deal with using a new ip address , any comments are welcome.

Another questions, if after a limitation, they ask you for ssn and you tell them ,that you dont have one, can you fax them a DL , would they take this ?
it work for me before in my old accounts but i m not sure if they would take it now.
Please let me know, thanks

yes u can, but thats expensive. if you were to lose an account, now you have to go out an buy a new laptop? yea right! just make a new user account.
Old 09-30-2008

Brendaleigh, the most important thing about using different Windows (or Mac) User Accounts is to keep track of which IP has been used with which account. Crossing IPs would be like crossing proton streams. Bad.

Quote:
Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Venkman: What?
Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Venkman: Why?
Spengler: It would be bad.
Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.
doodaaloo, I can't find any posts where Modee explained the "why", but the fact that he recommended against it was enough to convince me.