Did paypal do away with 2 micro deposits? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Did paypal do away with 2 micro deposits?

Hi all. If you haven't read my previous comment on the trying to add bank account for 2 hrs thread, well here it is again with a few variations.

First, tried to add a new bank account in the new paypal platform. Never before used bank account. It returned an error message saying that it was sorry, it could not add bank account at this time, please try again later. So, frustrated, I tried to add again within 10 seconds, and then I get an error message saying that I have already added this bank account! I'm like okay.

So, I tried see if I can add the micro deposits, yea, I know, too soon, like it's really going to show up in 1 minute right? But the old paypal did it so I just wanted to see. And hold and behold, it wasn't there. So I'm a bit confused and anxious because I want to add 10 more items to sell in a hurry.

But, at the main screen, it says that a bank is linked. I'm wondering if paypal had done away with the micro deposits? Anyone else experience this? I looked everywhere, under help settings, I couldn't find anything that has anything to do with micro deposits, so it's like all gone?

Even with the 1.95 verified charge on credit card seems to be gone too. I think it will go through with the process anyways because the first item that you sell has to be shipped using your credit card. There seems to be no other way around this. So, if you add a credit card/gift card with your stealth info, then by doing this, it would have naturally verified your credit card information.

So, I'm thinking, has the micro deposits gone and in the same route as the bank account? Any thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Did paypal do away with 2 micro deposits?

Micro deposits are always required for small banks(Big banks sometimes have n instant verification) but immediately after you still need the credit card. Just dealt with this today. Entered the two micro deposits and then still could not lift my limits. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Does this mean that with big banks, you don't have to have those micro deposits anymore? Also, with limit withdrawals, I can't seem to find that either.
Old 09-08-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

No you still have the option of micro deposits for verifying bank accounts, and u still need the test charge to verify the card

On the main screen scroll to the bottom left and u will see paypal limits click that and u will just follow through and it will lead u to the test charge
Old 09-08-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So strange, I don't see the test charge anymore. I'll look again on my next stealth. But on a side note, yes, they micro deposited me. This time it was strange because it didn't ask whether I should micro deposit or not, it just did it automatically. And to top it off, it said at first it could not add bank at the time. Try again later, then tried to add again 1 minute later ad it says I already added this bank. So weird.

But as for the test charge, its funny. When I sell something without test charge for the first time, it says my profile is 60% on PayPal. After I sell something and ship it, PayPal forces me to enter a cc, so I do with gift card, and once that goes through, my profile is at 80%. I'm thinking that that lifted the limits already. And the other 20% not completed is of course the PayPal phone verification.
Old 09-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I probably made about 20+ accounts in the last week, and I had an issue on 1 account where it would not allow me to lift limits via 1.95 cc charge. I prob surfed the site for 30min looking for it. It was gone like a fart in the wind. When I go back to add a bank account I will look again for it.
Old 09-09-2014

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I probably made about 20+ accounts in the last week, and I had an issue on 1 account where it would not allow me to lift limits via 1.95 cc charge. I prob surfed the site for 30min looking for it. It was gone like a fart in the wind. When I go back to add a bank account I will look again for it.
That very thing happened to me when I opened my most recent account. Once I verified the microdeposits the option was back. (The See How Much You Can Send link.) The only thing I did different on that account was add the card immediately when going through the process to open the account. Freaked me out a little! It did come back right away once I verified the 2 micro-deposits though.