No Way To Lift Sending Limit? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-09-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default No Way To Lift Sending Limit?

I'm getting this screen when I try to lift my sending limit for the account (by confirming my debit card)..

Quote:
Get verified by adding a payment method
To take advantage of all the great benefits PayPal has to offer, take a few minutes to verify your account. Getting verified is fast, free, and secure. Simply link and confirm your bank account or get approved for a PayPal credit line.

When you're verified, you'll:
Enjoy more freedom and flexibility with more payment options
Join the 36 million Verified PayPal members who can show buyers and sellers that they’re trustworthy members of this secure community

Bank Account
Once you link and confirm your bank account, you'll have more payment options, and can easily transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account.
We keep your bank details secure.PayPal uses advanced encryption and fraud prevention to help safeguard your sensitive financial information. We provide 100% protection against unauthorized payments sent from your PayPal account.

PayPal Extras MasterCard®
Got 10 seconds for a credit decision? Apply for a PayPal Extras MasterCard. If you're approved, you'll be a Verified member and earn twice as many rewards points every time you make a PayPal and eBay purchase.
Apply Now
I just tried purchasing something this morning with my balance, but I'm coming across this problem and no way to confirm the card anymore (1.95 charge). Added to the account, but it acts like I never added it to lift anything. The options used to be confirm 2 out of 3.. does that mean I will have to confirm via Bank + SSN? As I remember, adding a bank does not lift the sending limit for cards. Right now it's only giving me the bank option and this is confusing as hell. My goal is to be able to send more than $500.

Hopefully this can be done with VBA, or am I screwed? This new layout is stupid.

Last edited by exxomscp; 09-09-2014 at 07:02 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2014

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: No Way To Lift Sending Limit?

I am not sure I understand - why can't you confirm the card? I just verified a brand new account yesterday - limits lifted with the $1.95 charge on a prepaid card registered with all stealthy details and 2 microdeposits to my bank account. Viola, limits lifted.

They give the $1.95 back immediately once you verify the card to your PayPal balance and depending on what prepaid card you use (gowallet the charge appears immediately but another brand I used (I believe walmart's) I had to wait a couple of days for the transaction to actually appear on the card.

If that card is used up, which is the only reason I can think of the $1.95 charge won't work, link another one?
Old 09-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberrain1970 View Post
I am not sure I understand - why can't you confirm the card? I just verified a brand new account yesterday - limits lifted with the $1.95 charge on a prepaid card registered with all stealthy details and 2 microdeposits to my bank account. Viola, limits lifted.

They give the $1.95 back immediately once you verify the card to your PayPal balance and depending on what prepaid card you use (gowallet the charge appears immediately but another brand I used (I believe walmart's) I had to wait a couple of days for the transaction to actually appear on the card.

If that card is used up, which is the only reason I can think of the $1.95 charge won't work, link another one?
I've never had this problem, but IT SIMPLY ISNT GIVING ME THE OPTION ANYMORE! It only gives me the option to add a card, not verify or confirm it. When I go to the lift limits page, it gives me the option to verify bank or sign up for Paypal credit.

If you guys got a link to the correct "Lift Limits" or "See How Much You Can Send With Paypal" where I can do this, I would appreciate it. Right now it seems like that the quoted message I posted above is the default under my account for some reason.
Old 09-09-2014

Ohhhhh-OK I get it now. Same happened to me UNTIL my 2 microdeposits appeared in my bank account and I verified them.Then the See How Much You Can Send which then took me to the place where I clicked the credit or debit card checkbox as opposed to SSN authorize the $1.95 charge.

I think it happened to me because I immediately added the card when I set up the account. Other accounts I had set up then used the See How Much You Can Send link to add credit card and verify and request bank verification. It's the only thing I did different when creating the account.

In other words, once I verified the bank account the option was there again.
Old 09-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ohhhhh-OK I get it now. Same happened to me UNTIL my 2 microdeposits appeared in my bank account and I verified them.Then the See How Much You Can Send which then took me to the place where I clicked the credit or debit card checkbox as opposed to SSN authorize the $1.95 charge.

I think it happened to me because I immediately added the card when I set up the account. Other accounts I had set up then used the See How Much You Can Send link to add credit card and verify and request bank verification. It's the only thing I did different when creating the account.

In other words, once I verified the bank account the option was there again.
I added this card today, when the funds were released. I wasn't aware of this new process, so I'm really caught off guard by it. I guess I'll have to purchase a VBA to take care of this first before anything..

So I have to add a bank account then first. Damnit, I wish I knew this earlier. This is tricky. Not sure if it can wait (don't trust Paypal), so I just used up the $500 limit for now. I'll see if I can get the rest released later.
Old 09-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
I added this card today, when the funds were released. I wasn't aware of this new process, so I'm really caught off guard by it. I guess I'll have to purchase a VBA to take care of this first before anything..

So I have to add a bank account then first. Damnit, I wish I knew this earlier. This is tricky. Not sure if it can wait (don't trust Paypal), so I just used up the $500 limit for now. I'll see if I can get the rest released later.
That was just my experience - it freaked me out a little but just my opinion, it makes one THINK adding SSN is required to lift limits for a little while, maybe trying to steer folks that way. I kept thinking, "guess I wasted a bank acct and tracfone!" But, then it came back right away once I verified my bank. I am not sure that is what caused it in your case. Who knows with PP? Maybe someone else can chime in - I saw another posted mention it in another thread also so maybe this is a "thing" now.
Old 09-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
That was just my experience - it freaked me out a little but just my opinion, it makes one THINK adding SSN is required to lift limits for a little while, maybe trying to steer folks that way. I kept thinking, "guess I wasted a bank acct and tracfone!" But, then it came back right away once I verified my bank. I am not sure that is what caused it in your case. Who knows with PP? Maybe someone else can chime in - I saw another posted mention it in another thread also so maybe this is a "thing" now.
Just checked multiple accounts.. it is a thing. I guess they're just forcing users to add a bank now. Before, technically I wasn't really "forced." Any other ways to get to the previous version of it pretty say I'm trying to reach an outdated version of the site. Bummer, I guess that'll result in another 24-48 hour delay until I can get my funds released. Let's hope the VBA supplier on here is pretty fast.

Last edited by exxomscp; 09-09-2014 at 07:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to exxomscp For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (09-09-2014)
Old 09-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
Just checked multiple accounts. It is a thing. Any other ways to get to the previous version of it pretty say I'm trying to reach an outdated version of the site.
Ugh! Well this is good to know and plan for I suppose. I have never tried to open an account without adding a bank account right away. Tons of online options for that, you can have an account made funded and account number access all fired up in 10 minutes here in the US.
Old 09-09-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Ugh! Well this is good to know and plan for I suppose. I have never tried to open an account without adding a bank account right away. Tons of online options for that, you can have an account made funded and account number access all fired up in 10 minutes here in the US.
Yep besides all the regular banks on every corner , in supermarkets, everywhere u look there's another bank looking for more business

You also have prepaid debit cards, and there is a new one every other day, after ordering many early on, now I get cards sent to me periodically without even doing anything

I received 3 ready debit cards a couple days ago, and it worked to verify the avvount with micro deposits not sure if it will continue taking withdrawals
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Exactly - PP often dupes ppl into giving more info than is TRULY necessary
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I had this happen on one of my newly created accounts last week. It doesn't happen all the time but it sounds like the same thing. I have created a dozen accounts since then without the same issue. More randomness!
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post: