My Paypal/Ebay story - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default My Paypal/Ebay story

I have been a buyer and seller on ebay since around 2001. I have over 1600 positive feedbacks. I've never had any problems with ebay or been suspended or limited before.

My husband started ebay a couple of years ago and has over 150 positive's 100%. Never suspended or anything as well. I go back and forth with the names on listing items.

Papal-3 years ago I had a few thousand in my paypal and I had just got married. I ask them for 5 months to change my name to my married name. I provided every item they requested as proof that my name had changed. They would not change it. I got pissed and decided to create a new paypal with my REAL MARRIED name. BAM! I was suspended with all my money in there not to be touched. It took them MONTH UPON MONTHS of explaining what had happened and sending more personal info to get it straightened out and usable again. I learned a lesson to never keep a lot of money in there for any amount of time and signed up for the pp debit card. It has been a godsend to me and I've loved every minute of it.

This brings us up to now...
My husband was on some forums were he was doing a group buy on a car part. Everyone paypaled the money to him and several thousands set in paypal for several months. We w/d the funds to pay for the items. The vendor was still making the items. Then all of a sudden several people decided to go nuts and file disputes saying they wanted their money back. There was NO money in paypal. So now my paypal is in the negatives by 500+. I started selling items again on ebay (after a 11 month break during my pregnancy and having a baby-I needed time off). The items that were selling was going into paypal and the $$ was coming out of the negatives. (mind you it was only in the negatives b/c they put a "hold on the funds" that weren't even in there) Then all of a sudden when it got to around $100 negative) they put a limitation on my paypal. They said no one can deposit any more money in there and I now owe them over $260 that can only be deposited from a bank account.

I have had it with paypal deciding what they can and can't do with my money. It's ridiculous that they have this much control over everything. I have been researching different merchant accounts but I'm so confused as to what I should do. I have several auctions that will be ending this weekend and they winners are not even going to be able to use paypal to pay for the items. They will probably not pay and leave me negative now. Why can't paypal use their heads and see that I have been selling items, the negative balance was coming down and would have been in the positives by this weekend. Idiots. Now they will probably not get their money back b/c I'm not depositing anything in there and taking my business elsewhere.

I have read SO MUCH in this forum over the last couple of days and my head is spinning with all the information. All the talk about linking accounts, new vs old accounts, ip addresses...I'm not sure what I should do at this point. Will ebay suspend my account if my paypal is in the negative? I don't quite understand everyone creating ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and info to make accounts...this is all so confusing to me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2008

Longevity: 91%

If you don't want to go with the suggestion to purchase the ebook, perhaps you might want to invest in some one-on-one support from Modee. There is a small price involved, but I'm sure he will be able to explain everything so that you can understand it.

I know that this might sound like we're only trying to make you fork over some money, but it may be your best course of action.
Old 09-20-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Well, after days of reading and kinda understanding things here and there...I could tell it would be a lot clearer if I purchased the ebook.

So, I purchased it. I haven't got a chance to read it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

So, with the purchase of this book...does that make me a member around here?
Old 09-21-2008

Longevity: 91%

Only if you purchased it through the Subscribe link in the top right corner of this page (or the link I posted in your other thread).
Subscription (or Membership) to the forum would have only cost you an additional $10, then.
That would have allowed you access to the "Member's Area" at the bottom of the main forum page.