Changing my mac address wont work! help ! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 09-20-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Changing my mac address wont work! help !

I changed my ip by changing my mac address once about 6 months ago. I wanted to change my ip again, and EVERYTIME i switch the last 4 digits of the mac address, i unplug the modem for 15 secs even longer sometimes... and my internet just doesnt go back up and i have to switch the digits back to the old numbers and therefor get stuck with the same ip..

why isnt it working?

btw i got a linksys router.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-20-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

Who is your ISP?
Have you contacted your ISP?
What is the model number for your router?

Check this post: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...html#post58828
Old 09-20-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

But it does work for some people, so it's not ruled out.
Old 09-20-2008

Longevity: 95%

I just started haveing the same problem a few days ago it seems some MAC's the internet will work with others it won't. I think the ISP is screwing with me and not allowing me to change it i to have a linksys router
Old 09-23-2008

Unplug your router and hold down the reset button for a minute. I used to change the MAC address with mine as it did work but only in certain situations. Say your last 2 digits of your mac address are G5.

After you reset your modem, change the last digit to 6. So now its G6. Wait and you get a new ip. If you switch back to the 5 you get your old ip. But now if you try and switch again to say G7, your modem will not let you connect to the internet. From what i experienced you only can change between your default mac address and an alternate mac address.

So everytime you need more than 1, you have to reset your router to get a new number to change to.

I recommend you getting AOL if its too much of a hassle. Or if you have a cable modem, go to tcp/ip properties and change it that way.
Old 09-23-2008

Activity: 2%

I love it when somebody asks a question, doesn't provide enough information - making us ask follow-up questions - and they never reply back.
Old 09-23-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Changing IP address

I have all Mac computers and a Time Capsule router and Road Runner service. I spent about 3 days searching forums and emailing Aspkin back and forth and I finally came to the conclusion that it just couldn't be done. So, I ordered a second modem (a DSL) from AT&T that should be here Thursday. It is suppose to be Dynamic and I am told that the IP address can be changed on this modem. I am going to use it exclusively for my new eBay account. It costs $25.00 per month but - there it is. I may try trading in my Road Runner modem for a new one - tell them that it is broke or something, and see if that changes my IP for the wireless set up I use - and open up a 2nd eBay account with that. But I am certain that this new AT&T setup will give me a new Internet IP. It isn't the easy way, but it was what Aspkin recommended after several other things failed.
Old 09-23-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwedagain View Post
Unplug your router and hold down the reset button for a minute. I used to change the MAC address with mine as it did work but only in certain situations. Say your last 2 digits of your mac address are G5.

After you reset your modem, change the last digit to 6. So now its G6. Wait and you get a new ip. If you switch back to the 5 you get your old ip. But now if you try and switch again to say G7, your modem will not let you connect to the internet. From what i experienced you only can change between your default mac address and an alternate mac address.

So everytime you need more than 1, you have to reset your router to get a new number to change to.

I recommend you getting AOL if its too much of a hassle. Or if you have a cable modem, go to tcp/ip properties and change it that way.
so what your saying is when i switch MAC's i will have to go from a clone mac back to the origianl MAC's then clone again with a new mac and it will then conect?

also when u said
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwedagain View Post
Or if you have a cable modem, go to tcp/ip properties and change it that way.
is this hard to do? i have a cable modem but its a ip that never changes
Old 09-24-2008

For Mac ip changing: When you first reset your modem, your router will have cloned your computer mac that is attached to your modem directly. This is your original mac address. When you change the last digit, this will be your alternate mac address and your ip will change. The problem with this though is your ip address from your original mac will stay the same for months with RR. But your alternate mac ip will change everyday.

TCP/IP properites: Actually, the first few times, it takes about 5 minutes to get used to it. But after that, it only takes around 45 seconds to complete changing the ip and being up and running on a new account. This will allow you to use your dynamic IP as Static IP's for your accounts. This is the best solution I have as I can have 30 accounts, and have 30 Dedicated IP's to each account. So basically, its just like having 30 static ips's with 1 modem. PM me for the steps to do it. But as of now, I only can do it for RR and CLWR. I am going to start trying it with Comcast for another member to see if it works.
Old 09-27-2008

Default Changing IP addresses

I finally have it figured out and I would like to share what took me a week+ to sort out. I use Road Runner for my IPS and I have a Mac Time Capsule router. After trying to change the settings for my Mac address (and temporarily shutting down wireless Internet service for the whole house) I decided to take my modem into Time Warner and get a new one with a new Mac Address. I got home, plugged it in and .... same IP address. Bummer. I had written an email to Road Runner several days earlier about this and had no response until a couple days ago. They said that I would need to power down my modem for 48 hours to get the IP address to change. I did that and it worked. I am glad - but this is not a practical thing to do on a regular basis. While I was struggling with Road Runner last Monday, I decided to call AT&T and order a modem from them so that I would have a separate IPS to use for my eBay/PAYPAL business exclusively. I got the modem yesterday and as promised - all I have to do to change the IP address is to unplug it for a few minutes. Whew!! I have my DSL service from AT&T non-wireless so that I am less likely to forget and access an eBay account while using the Road Runner ISP. Even though both are "clean" - I don't want to link the two because I am going to set up a second eBay account with my RR service. So now I have 2 new IP addresses, Firefox browser set to delete private information with the click of a key, a new mailing address, phone number, etc....I am working on getting the financial stuff in order to set up an untraceable PAYPAL account and then I will be ready to go. This has been a lot of work but I suspect that it will go easier the second time around - and I am going to set up at least a couple new eBay accounts (shell accounts) to go to if I get tossed from my new one. Now, on to PAYPAL. I think that it is really creepy for eBay to require PAYPAL accounts for all new members. I will do whatever I can to minimize PAYPAL's part in my new eBay accounts. I have learned so much by reading Aspkins eBook and the Forum. I have filled 2 notebooks full of notes about all the new information I am getting as well as the questions I have. I have also started a notebook labeled as "IP Addresses" so that I can keep track of every IP address I use and what account I use it for. Question. Can I make myself so untraceable that it flags my accounts with eBay and/or PAYPAL?
Old 09-27-2008

Default Changing IP addresses

I finally have it figured out and I would like to share what took me a week+ to sort out. I use Road Runner for my IPS and I have a Mac Time Capsule router. After trying to change the settings for my Mac address (and temporarily shutting down wireless Internet service for the whole house) I decided to take my modem into Time Warner and get a new one with a new Mac Address. I got home, plugged it in and .... same IP address. Bummer. I had written an email to Road Runner several days earlier about this and had no response until a couple days ago. They said that I would need to power down my modem for 48 hours to get the IP address to change. I did that and it worked. I am glad - but this is not a practical thing to do on a regular basis. While I was struggling with Road Runner last Monday, I decided to call AT&T and order a modem from them so that I would have a separate IPS to use for my eBay/PAYPAL business exclusively. I got the modem yesterday and as promised - all I have to do to change the IP address is to unplug it for a few minutes. Whew!! I have my DSL service from AT&T non-wireless so that I am less likely to forget and access an eBay account while using the Road Runner ISP. Even though both are "clean" - I don't want to link the two because I am going to set up a second eBay account with my RR service. So now I have 2 new IP addresses, Firefox browser set to delete private information with the click of a key, a new mailing address, phone number, etc....I am working on getting the financial stuff in order to set up an untraceable PAYPAL account and then I will be ready to go. This has been a lot of work but I suspect that it will go easier the second time around - and I am going to set up at least a couple new eBay accounts (shell accounts) to go to if I get tossed from my new one. Now, on to PAYPAL. I think that it is really creepy for eBay to require PAYPAL accounts for all new members. I will do whatever I can to minimize PAYPAL's part in my new eBay accounts. I have learned so much by reading Aspkins eBook and the Forum. I have filled 2 notebooks full of notes about all the new information I am getting as well as the questions I have. I have also started a notebook labeled as "IP Addresses" so that I can keep track of every IP address I use and what account I use it for. Question. Can I make myself so untraceable that it flags my accounts with eBay and/or PAYPAL?
Old 09-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

No flags will be thrown up if you follow the book step by step. I am very happy you got it all figured out! That is awesome! Good job
Old 09-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Here is the Link to the Original Post that I made to change your IP for your Router connected to your Cable Modem. It will work for any brand of Router. It was my First post.

Changing your IP Address through your Router