Where did I go wrong? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-19-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Where did I go wrong?

Hey guys,

Created a new seller account with Simon Card. New email new name new everything. used a laptop never used for ebay. Even took the laptop around town and leeched off a connection.

Made sure everything was clean.

Now I listed about 50 and had them scheduled to go online later in the evening. 15 mins after upload, the email came with abusing ebay, spirits yadda yadda.

I used a new clean install of turbo lister. I tried to used the csv files but the listings kept getting cut in half. So I gave up and used a backup file but before i went online, i made sure i changed the old user info. Made another backup. Uninstalled and reinstalled turbo lister and then used the new back up which had new user info. I didnt change anything in the listing ddescription itself. It was the same as it was on the suspended account. Same pics too but I usually uploaded the pics and didnt host them with photobucket etc etc.

Where was my screw up and what should i try next time?

thanks in advance!

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

BTW I got a second emails sayign this

Account Security Notice: eBay Auction(s) Cancelled

Dear BLAH BLAH
We have ended the following listing(s) on your account as they appear to have been listed by a third party without your authorization:
Old 07-19-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

It's probably to do with the actually auctions and the amount of auctions you tried to upload. Check your auction images, and descriptions, make sure they're different for every account you create. Try listing slower also.
Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
It's probably to do with the actually auctions and the amount of auctions you tried to upload. Check your auction images, and descriptions, make sure they're different for every account you create. Try listing slower also.

Thanks for the info buddy. Now when you say check the images, do you mean to change them out completely? And change the descriptions around right? Also what would consist of being slower? Instead of the 50-60 I listed today and got shot, should it be down to lets say 10-20?

Also you dont think they linked me from the back up file from a previoisly suspended user right? I did change the info, uninstalled and reinstalled turbolister twice.

Also I read Auctiva lets you do the same thing turbo lister lets you do but gives you more options. Is it better then turbo lister?

thanks again.
Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

BTW My Gf has her own ebay and paypal accounts which are over a year old. now if i were to use her account (shes more then happy to give them to me) What else should i look for before i list. Im sure changing the images and descriptions would pretty be top priority right?
Old 07-19-2007

The amount of auctions probably got ya, also if they were electronics that is a flag to. Got to start out slow and easy. I have 6 registered accounts using the Aspkin method, selling on all over 2 weeks, no problems. CLEAR YOUR COOKIES CONSTANTLY!
Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Yes, I use Firefox and it is set to delete cookies on every restart. And I quit the browser and restart constantly.

Images - I USED to re-upload the same images (same image - RE-uploaded), so that the link I used in the HTML of my listings was not identical with an old listing, but I stopped doing that. Less work to just create a new EBAY account, and I am not convinced they look that closely anyway. My latest account is going on about 90 days, strong, now.
Do you change the ip constantly too? That would be alot of hassle to work with multiple accounts.

So it must have been the volume of auctions. what would be considered safe though? I remember when i had an account with 7800 feedback, i made another one and started to list the same way which is 50-60 a day. It was up for a week and got shot down the second week when i uploaded 127 in one shot. I usually schedule them. My main account kept going strong and im sure their software knew both of them were linked in a way but since i was a power seller with 99.9% feedback and over 7800+ , do you think they turned a blind eye? also when the second account got shot down, it was for the same "abusing ebay" ****.