Suspended: Abusing eBay (again...) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Angry Suspended: Abusing eBay (again...)

So I did some searching in the forums and couldn't come up with some solid advice for this, maybe someone can point me to something I missed.

I've had several of my accounts getting booted lately, all for Abusing eBay, all on different days.

I've done everything right, I use AOL Dial-up, a different phone number for each account, have different paypals, working phone numbers, all have different bank accounts. I clear my cookies everytime I use the internet and get on with Firefox.

But the last week I have had 3 accounts booted for Abusing eBay. All on different days. I usually let the accounts sit for just over 30 days and then I list a single item, and gradually increase items up to a max of 3-4 items per day. These are NOT VERO items, so nothing to fret about there.

Any ideas as to why in the hell I keep getting booted?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

Are you creating the accounts yourself?
Did you purchase and read the ebook?
Old 09-23-2008

gamingneeds when you registered your eBay accounts did you add your credit/prepaid card ?
Old 09-23-2008
Threadstarter  

I've read the book and yes, I added the card when I registered.
Old 09-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingneeds View Post

I've done everything right, I use AOL Dial-up, a different phone number for each account, have different paypals, working phone numbers, all have different bank accounts. I clear my cookies everytime I use the internet and get on with Firefox.
Any ideas as to why in the hell I keep getting booted?
Have you created x3 different user accounts in Firefox? I think that you are linking because you,in fact, do not have this. It is not just a matter of clearing
cookies. Another question is are your passwords & email addresses all different?
To run multiple accounts you have to be three different people...you must be
accidently crossing over with information

Last edited by GreenBean; 09-23-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
Are you creating the accounts yourself?
Did you purchase and read the ebook?
Did you create the accounts following EVERY step in the book or did you skip some?
Old 09-23-2008

Quote:
I've read the book and yes, I added the card when I registered.
Just to let you know that if you ever add a credit card number to eBay or Paypal or anything else like your first name, last name or address DO NOT EVER COPY PASTE especially DO NOT EVER COPY PASTE YOUR CREDIT CARD! Big red flag!
Old 09-23-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Are you selling the same sorts of products, or using the same photographs, similar formats? Have you ever run an area search to see how many people in your area sell the same sort of things? If there aren't very many then how suspicious does it look that Joe Blow living in Omaha Nebraska selling bowling balls got suspended and now, a month or so later, another new seller shows up, in Nebraska, selling bowling balls, a new seller who seems to have a remarkable knack for knowing how to list and sell for a supposed newbie? I'm just sayin'.......
Also, do some things only newbies would do. Go to some of ebay's little tutorials for new sellers, put the program on auto and let it run and go make dinner. Then, go over to some of the discussion boards and ask stupid questions. Go to live help and ask stupid questions. Wander around the site looking at various categories, check out the fee inormation, print it out. Buy some things newbies would need, shipping stuff, tape, printer cartridges, etc. Make some stupid errors in your listings. Make sure your listings don't look too polished at first.
Think like a newbie, act like a newbie. You really don't realize all of the things you do without thinking about it just because you know what you are doing, and that stands out. I even did something that I knew would get me in trouble, and it did, and I got a ding and my hand smacked, but it was something any newbie could have done.
I'm running three different accounts, all post suspension, and all for just shy of three months without any hint of being suspended. And this after three suspensions and me trying to get back on prior to finding this site.
Try everything everyone is recommending in this thread. None of the ideas can hurt you and some may actually help you get on and stay on. Good luck!
Old 09-24-2008

Flash objects ??
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We have a winner.... BING-BING-BING-BING-BING-BING-BING-BING
Flash Objects are like cookies but newer and more deadly for us.
It has been discussed here for a few months.

Do a search, here is a place to start:
TO void flash cookies from paypal /ebay

Last edited by Here We Go Again; 09-24-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thumbs down

It is exactly as you stated, HWGA the OP has not used the guidelines of the book correctly.

The posts these days should all be titled "Peter and the Wolf". Same old, same old now very tiring story. People are not reading the forum or applying the concepts of the book fully. Time wasting
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
It is exactly as you stated, HWGA the OP has not used the guidelines of the book correctly.

The posts these days should all be titled "Peter and the Wolf". Same old, same old now very tiring story. People are not reading the forum or applying the concepts of the book fully. Time wasting
The number of posts that have popped up lately asking questions that were ALREADY answered in the same thread that the post appears is just amazing.

I think that the lack in a persons ability to read an eBay ad has migrated to this forum by reverse osmosis.
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Wink

Ain't that the truth. How about we offer free help to the first newbie who can define 'osmosis'? ROFLOL
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

We can do that.
We would never give that away...... LOL
Old 09-25-2008
Threadstarter  

Wow, many responses. I have been clearing my cookies, all of them, yes I used different email addresses, different names, different addresses, different credit cards, different phone numbers, different auction items, different titles, and different descriptions lol.

I did not copy and paste the credit card info when I put it in, I used the steps correctly, I'm not another case of Peter and the Wolf, and I'm not wasting anyone's time.

I've decided that the reason I think I got booted was from making too much money in a short period of time. I did the steps correctly, no matter what the 'guru' GreenBean says otherwise. The fact is, 2 of my accounts are still in perfectly good condition and they are still selling items fine even though they are using the same steps as the others that got booted.

Abusing eBay can be a sort of many things, and tracing my steps the only thing that comes to play is making too much too fast. Everything else went good.

I think many may suffer from osmosis, but I think some need to look up naive...and get a reality check. Thanks to the few that offered their help instead of just spamming this thread.

Last edited by gamingneeds; 09-25-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Guys, Let's have a vote here. 23 posts from gamingneeds to find out the whole ins and outs of how to get back on ebay/paypal. A little tale here a little tale there. A lot of bull dust and time wasting.
Anyone think he may be up to no good? My vote is YES
Old 09-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
I've decided that the reason I think I got booted was from making too much money in a short period of time. I did the steps correctly, no matter what the 'guru' GreenBean says otherwise. The fact is, 2 of my accounts are still in perfectly good condition and they are still selling items fine even though they are using the same steps as the others that got booted.

Abusing eBay can be a sort of many things, and tracing my steps the only thing that comes to play is making too much too fast. Everything else went good.
I wonder how long those two accounts are going to last you. It's just a matter of time before they are booted too because you are claiming that you are making too much $$$$$. I really doubt that is the problem.

If you have no other reasons or explanations then I suggest you call Ebay and ask them the question that no one here on this forum seems to have the right answer for you.

My Vote is Yes.