in the minus, How long until they tap my bank - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Question in the minus, How long until they tap my bank

I have a guy that filed a claim a while back now on Thursday he said they will close it automatically if he doesn't escalate it. I originally sent one package valued at $509. He didnt get it thanks to the wonderful PO we have. Anyway, I sent part of it a replacement in one package which shows delivered on paypal.. The other part $400 worth I will need to send ASAP. I just cannot physically get this out until thursday. Now, When he filed the claim, it immediately took the money and put me in the minus until it is settled.

My immediate concern is that they will take the money out of the bank/CC that is attached to the account. Will they do this?? It is actually my daughters account that is attached to this. She let me sell on her account since mine was so screwed up. Anyway I have been worried about this for a few days. I will be sending the 2nd part to him, I just have to complete it. (rebuilt pneumatic tooling) Takes few days to complete.

Thanks

Last edited by KingRay; 09-23-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: missed something.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2008

Longevity: 93%

This has happened to my paypal account often, your paypal will be at a negative number but they wont draw from your bank account for that amount.
Old 09-23-2008

they will try it has happend to me however my bank did not let them
you should cancel the direct debit
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I just tried to remove the bank account and it says that you cannot do this while balance is in the neg. I hope this doesnt happen. Or if they do that it doesnt happen in the next week or so. Thanks again.
Old 09-24-2008

not from paypal if you tell your bank to cancel it then they can not touch your money
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay View Post
not from paypal if you tell your bank to cancel it then they can not touch your money
So basically I just need to call my bank and say dont let anything from paypal go through??

Thanks
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

GO to the bank, remove the ability of paypal to touch your money. That way you have the name of a staff member. Also allow several days for this to be effective. This is business so cover yourself.
Old 09-24-2008

Longevity: 95%

after im limted i close my bank account instanly so payenemy cant get there greedy little fingers into my account
Old 09-25-2008

same has happened to me but they didn't try to take out maney, yes for the safe side call your bank or pay'em a visit and remove paypal from your account.
Old 09-25-2008
Banned

Longevity: 95%

This is an interesting question, I have had them attempt to withdraw from my CC on a negative account, but that was many , many years ago. I think they were sued for withdrawing from bank accounts for going negative.
I had one just recently go negative for about 4 days, as they placed holds on all the payments that came in. They eventually released all the payments to me as they confirmed the deliveries, so now it is back to positive.
My conclusion is they no longer immediately try to charge your CC or bank account, but i would still cancel both right away just in case.
Old 09-29-2008

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
I just tried to remove the bank account and it says that you cannot do this while balance is in the neg. I hope this doesnt happen. Or if they do that it doesnt happen in the next week or so. Thanks again.

Hmm, this just happened to me as well. It did let me remove my bank info with no problem. I was worried it was going to try to take the money out of the bank account too and there was nothing in that bank account to begin with (which would put it into the negatives). I didn't have a problem removing the bank info tho.
Old 09-29-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Its not letting me do anything. Everything I try to change just says, cannot change while balance is in neg. I will have to talk to the bank. I tried this long long ago on an old AOL account that I tried to close and they refused to stop letting AOL remove the monthly payments. Different bank now but just dont want to run into that mess. Thanks
Old 09-30-2008

how much will make ebay go after you????i had an account have about 10 bucks in minus and the bank account ahs bbeen closed.
Old 10-02-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default negative balances - a loophole for us??

I have a negative balance from a couple of disputes filed by Buyers AFTER I was suspended from eBay for totally bogus reasons - (I'll spare you the story.) One Buyer is an international Buyer who claims NOT to have received her purchase despite USPS tracking showing that it entered Germany and cleared customs - that is as far as they go. So I am screwed there. But the other is a Buyer claiming that I sold her a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ UPPER END bag. This is a BIG FAT LIE. Apparently PAYPAL doesn't care that it has been 6 weeks since it was delivered to her, or that she has provided NO PROOF that it isn't real. I found out today that even if I get it back and the designer herself were to sign off on it - they don't care. SO.....to delay the process I have instructed my mail carrier (who is a real doll) not to leave any Delivery Confirmation packages at my door and that I will not accept delivery on any for the time being. According to PAYPAL today, this buyer has shipped the bag back and they are just waiting for Delivery Confirmation - which they will not get. I am sending it right back to her. Hopefully this will allow me enough time to close my primary bank account that has a debit card as a secondary payment source on this PAYPAL account. (I have closed the primary bank account and CC for that PAYPAL account and opened up two new accounts.) I am waiting for the pre-printed checks and debit cards for my new accounts before I close my only bank account & CC that I can use at stores and stuff. Unless a retailer knows me, they will not take a counter check. I should be getting my real checks and CC for these new accounts next week and I can close the last account tied to this unfortunate PAYPAL account. How much time do you think that this plan will buy me before they dip into my secondary payment source - the debit card for my primary bank account? They may take me to small claims court - but if they cannot prove that I ever got my bag back - then will they prevail?? I don't care if they limit this PAYPAL account. I wasn't going to use it anyway. I just really, really do not want this buyer to get her money back - at least any time soon. I would really like to prevent the Buyer from Germany from getting her refund - but this is why so many eBay Sellers do not ship internationally with PAYPAL payments. I have been burned this way a couple times before and these buyers know this loophole. I am sure that she is wearing my True Religion jeans right now. It can make you crazy - huh?

Last edited by Brendaleigh; 10-02-2008 at 03:42 PM.