Ebay Account suspended because of Dongle - Next Best ISP??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Ebay Account suspended because of Dongle - Next Best ISP???

Not sure if I am very unlucky or what, but here is what recently happened to me.

I was using an ATT Dongle that changes IP's every time you reconnect.

I created a new Ebay account and was suspended after 2 weeks because they linked an IP that I have used to another user who was suspended.

Because I made this account legitimately, and have a VERY old and good standing account, they reinstated my new account, but told me not to use that device for the new or old Ebay account anymore.

Now, because I use this computer for a 2nd Amazon account, what ISP should I use that has a Static IP address? Or can I make this ATT Dongle Static?

Also, why does everyone prefer a dynamic IP address? Won't this give more opportunities to link an Amazon or Ebay account to suspended account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Ebay Account suspended because of Dongle - Next Best ISP???

Lots of information you are not grasping.
With a Static IP how would you change ebay accounts? It would only be good for one account. Also, how would you know if that one Static IP was not used by another ebay user?
So lets say I have 50 major ebay accounts running from one office. I would have to have 50 static NON consecutive or even in the same IP blocks. That is A LOT of routers and monthly services. So I have a couple Static IP for huge accounts only. Everythinmg else just like most every other stealther monitors IP and makes sure that you dont overlap IP addresses.

You can buy static IP blocks that no one other than you have access to but almost always they are consecutive and that may lead to linking.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
bushidopit (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Lots of information you are not grasping.
With a static IP how would you change ebay accounts? It would only be good for one account. Also, how would you know if that one static IP was not used by another ebay user?
So lets say I have 50 major ebay accounts running from one office. I would have to have 50 static NON consecutive or even in the same IP blocks. That is A LOT of routers and monthly services. So I have a couple static IP for huge accounts only. Everythinmg else just like most every other stealther monitors IP and makes sure that you dont overlap IP addresses.

You can buy static IP blocks that no one other than you have access to but almost always they are consecutive and that may lead to linking.
I have 2 accounts total. This Ebay account is legit. I want to work on this Ebay account through my 2nd computer because of my 2nd Amazon account. I don't need to change IP addresses, I have a dedicated 2nd computer for 2nd accounts.

I was suspended on Ebay in a matter of 2 weeks. So what are my options now?
Old 10-01-2014

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidopit View Post
I was using an ATT Dongle that changes IP's every time you reconnect.

I created a new Ebay account and was suspended after 2 weeks because they linked an IP that I have used to another user who was suspended.
It would also depend on what location you use your dongle. In a major city like the IP range from a dongle from a is HUGE (like 30,000 different IPs) but if you're in a very small town you will have a very small range of IPs so you have much higher chance of being linked this way.
The Following User Says Thank You to toml3030 For This Useful Post:
bushidopit (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Threadstarter  

San Diego...

Regardless, as of now, what is a solid type of ISP. I am currently using Cox Cable. Would I be able to get a second ISP like ATT Uverse at my house and would this method link me in anyway?
Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Any method could link you. Who knows who did what wiuth that IP before you used it?? ATT is one of the LARGEST and least risky IP pool second to maybe Verizon. Odds are you were not linked by IP anyways.
bushidopit (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I agree with Yankee. IPs are used and thrown back out for the next person to use. I have an ATT Mifi, an iPhone 5, and an iPhone 4. All on separate accounts, and they all pull from the same IP pool. There is no way that these IPs haven't been used before. There is no way that these IPs havent been used on EB before. So, again, I agree with Yankee. I do not believe that IP is what causes a link (unless it is just constant links between 2 accounts)
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
bushidopit (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys. I spoke with a very knowledgeable person at Ebay. Not outsourced, she was in USA and didn't seem like they she was lying. I kept asking them if it was because the account was new, she said NO. It is ONLY because this IP link.

Thanks again, any answer on this question?

What is a solid type of ISP. I am currently using Cox Cable. Would I be able to get a second ISP like ATT Uverse at my house and would this method link me in anyway?
Old 10-01-2014

Longevity: 64%

I found that a lot of times reps will say just about anything to get you off of the phone. It's already been said, but IP addresses are finite so that's not going to get you suspended alone. Using the same IP from a recently suspended user would likely cause them to further look at your account, but they wouldn't just suspend you over that unless maybe it's a highly abused IP.

To answer your question, getting a 2nd high speed internet service is fine for your needs. A completely different residential ISP + static IP is about as safe as you could get for a single account to run on and that's what Uverse is.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
bushidopit (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Answered over and over. Choose whatever internet service provider that floats your boat.
bushidopit (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
I found that a lot of times reps will say just about anything to get you off of the phone. It's already been said, but IP addresses are finite so that's not going to get you suspended alone. Using the same IP from a recently suspended user would likely cause them to further look at your account, but they wouldn't just suspend you over that unless maybe it's a highly abused IP.

To answer your question, getting a 2nd high speed internet service is fine for your needs. A completely different residential ISP + static IP is about as safe as you could get for a single account to run on and that's what Uverse is.

Thank you. They wouldn't be able to link because of the same residence correct?

For example, if Uverse came in a split the cable line that cox is using...

Last edited by bushidopit; 10-01-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2014

Longevity: 64%

There's no way ebay would know, unless you give them reason to. This means don't use your home address for more than one account, or really don't reuse anything.

IP addresses are approximate not exact, so they wouldn't be able to tell that both are coming from your house.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
bushidopit (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
There's no way ebay would know, unless you give them reason to. This means don't use your home address for more than one account, or really don't reuse anything.

IP addresses are approximate not exact, so they wouldn't be able to tell that both are coming from your house.
Thanks again, I'm assuming same for the Amazon account, correct?
Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidopit View Post
Thanks again, I'm assuming same for the Amazon account, correct?
Correct. Even a bit more loose with a mobile IP.
bushidopit (10-01-2014)
Old 10-02-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

My biggest hurdle to getting my first stealths up was deciding on how to change ip's. Some of the ways others are using are not possible for me because of my isp and set up, etc.

I went with proxies, which everyone told me not to do. Well, so far so good. I've had accounts up for a couple of weeks with no problems. Will see how it goes.

I think the problem with proxies is the same problem people had with VPN's. You just can't pick any one.

I made sure to get dedicated, virgin proxies, of the highest security. Sometimes called elite. But you have to make sure that is this kind with the provider. With the elite proxy the website you are connecting to does not know you are using a proxy. And the best thing is that they are really cheap and easy to use and it should not matter what ISP you are using.