couple general questions from a newbie - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-20-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Smile couple general questions from a newbie

Hey, what's going on everyone. I got booted from ebay not long ago for some garbage and had all my further attempts blocked mostly because I was using the same IP address to re-register. (I hadn't read the guides yet) Anyway, I have read the guides, and have been signing up for an account every day using a new IP and will probably start to try to use them after the 15th day or so. Anyway, I have been reading the discussions here, and just need clarification on a few issues...I have read tons of the articles...but if I am asking something that has already been covered, my bad. Here's my questions:

1) I understand the simon vcc accounts for setting up your ebay seller accounts. I guess that is just for setting up the account...you can pay your fees through paypal or one time credit card payment i guess. My question is that is some of the guides it says that you can just use a non-limited old paypal account and just add e-mail addresses to the account and still accept payment with that paypal account with no problem. If that is the case, why are some people saying that they are creating a new paypal account with each new eBay account?

2) I understand that you can use the simon vcc for the eBay account, but I don't see how you can use them with paypal...i believe you have to add a credit card and bank account. Sure, you can use the green dot prepaid cards for the bank account and credit card but you always have to have a legit SSN to activate the card. Plus, like most say as soon as you get funds flowing into the account well, paypal likes to limit the account and ask for address verification, trade references, etc... If you are using bogus names to set up these accounts then it will be impossible to get the paypal account off limited status and any money you have in the account will be frozen indefinitely. What am I missing here? (just seems that you need 1 or 2 legit paypal accounts so you can send in real documentation in the case that it's needed)

3) I have been getting a new eBay account every day using a new IP address for each account. When I actually start to use these accounts, I will be logging into them using a different IP than I used to register the account...because each time you release the IP you get a new one of course. When you are signing back into the accounts you made with a new IP address that you didn't use to create the account..is there a problem there? The IP of course is in my area...I wouldn't think that it would raise a red flag.

4) I haven't been creating seller accounts with all of my new eBay accounts right off the bat because I haven't received my simon vcc yet. After 30 days when I start to use the account and add a seller account would it be ok to start selling right off the bat, or should I wait longer? Or should i go back into the accounts and add the seller accounts as soon as possible?

5) When I start to use the accounts, should I be using a new IP address again for each account I am using? I only have 1 computer so by logging in and out of an account it would of course have the same IP as the last account I was using. Not sure if that would matter unless one of the accounts goes down...that may cause the domino effect of all the accounts that you had used with same IP. Let me know what you think here.

6) Also I was using an image hosting place before with tagged pictures. Can I just reshoot the pictures and use the same hosting place or would it be safer to just upload the pics using ebay's hosting system or maybe try another hosting site? Let me know if it matters.

7) I believe one account got jerked while I was at work and I believe I signed up for one account at work. Would it be bad to sign into any of my accounts at work since that IP may be a danger one? I am not sure that ip can be changed because I work at a cable company.

8) What's up with setting up all of the P.O. boxes? Can u really receive mail to the box without it matching up with the box name? Would it really be better to set up one box per account?

Sorry if I got too repetitive or wordy here, I am just trying to make sure I am doing everything right here...I have a lot of inventory in stock from when I got suspended (plus I need to buy more to get the stuff I need before my guy sells out) and really want to get things moving again...eBay is my luxury funds. Thanks for your patience here...hook me up some info!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
If you'll search and read the various threads on this forum, everything has been answered. Thank you.
lol, yes all of the questions are answered, it may take some time to find them all, but they are available.
Old 07-20-2007
Threadstarter  

LOL, yes that is what I was hoping, but I will track down all the answers. This is a great forum. Thanx.