eBay account won't accept buyer payments through Paypal... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default eBay account won't accept buyer payments through Paypal...

Alright, so about 3-4 weeks ago Paypal asked me for my SS/Tax ID/etc. Obviously with it being a stealth account I can't provide that. Was only at about $8,000/95ish in sales so wasn't even half way to the $20,000/200 limit. I know that Paypal looks at projected sales so this wasn't a complete shocker to me but they've finally acted on it and now I can't receive any payments until I provide one. (Still can withdrawal though).

May be a stupid question but I couldn't find it here when searching. My stealth is running perfectly fine and so is my stealth Paypal which just got the no payments allowed to be received message. Could I remove this stealth Paypal from my eBay account and add another stealth Paypal and continue to sell? Or would eBay find that suspicious that I added another Paypal and removed one and suspend me? Not sure what my course of action is here. I'm hoping I don't have to start over on a new account because of this :\
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 68%
Default Re: eBay account won't accept buyer payments through Paypal...

Hi, from my experience they would definitely track it and likely ban your ebay account. I have never tried it before, but maybe get someone on fiverr to create the appropriate docs for you. Not sure if you need to send it in or what not. Hope this helps

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 10-06-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2014

Longevity: 64%

No you would not be able to attach a new Paypal and continue selling.

Please do not listen to the advice above - even attempting to forge a SSN is a bad idea. Instead, if you want to continue selling this year, you can get an EIN from the IRS and then upgrade your Paypal to a business account and add the EIN. Or you can wait until next year when the tax limitation will be removed.

If this is your only account, I would start to create (or buy) a few more so you won't be stuck in this position again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
Philly Diehard (10-06-2014), yankee (10-09-2014)
Old 10-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Diehard View Post
Alright, so about 3-4 weeks ago Paypal asked me for my SS/Tax ID/etc. Obviously with it being a stealth account I can't provide that. Was only at about $8,000/95ish in sales so wasn't even half way to the $20,000/200 limit. I know that Paypal looks at projected sales so this wasn't a complete shocker to me but they've finally acted on it and now I can't receive any payments until I provide one. (Still can withdrawal though).

May be a stupid question but I couldn't find it here when searching. My stealth is running perfectly fine and so is my stealth Paypal which just got the no payments allowed to be received message. Could I remove this stealth Paypal from my eBay account and add another stealth Paypal and continue to sell? Or would eBay find that suspicious that I added another Paypal and removed one and suspend me? Not sure what my course of action is here. I'm hoping I don't have to start over on a new account because of this :\
Obviously you can't add another Paypal account to your Ebay account, it just makes things worse. Now, you can't add an SSN so your next option is to get an EIN (Corporate) and add the EIN to your Paypal so you can continue to receive payments.

If you don't feel like getting/adding an EIN then your next option is to abandon the Ebay/Paypal Accounts all together and start from scratch.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Philly Diehard (10-06-2014)
Old 10-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Obviously you can't add another Paypal account to your Ebay account, it just makes things worse. Now, you can't add an SSN so your next option is to get an EIN (Corporate) and add the EIN to your Paypal so you can continue to receive payments.

If you don't feel like getting/adding an EIN then your next option is to abandon the Ebay/Paypal Accounts all together and start from scratch.
So I'm assuming that adding an EIN would not put my stealth account in danger of being linked somehow? Also, would I have to get a new EIN for each different stealth paypal if/when this issue comes up again or could I continue to use the same EIN?

Thanks for the responses guys, appreciate it btw.
Old 10-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Diehard View Post
So I'm assuming that adding an EIN would not put my stealth account in danger of being linked somehow? Also, would I have to get a new EIN for each different stealth paypal if/when this issue comes up again or could I continue to use the same EIN?

Thanks for the responses guys, appreciate it btw.
Each Paypal will require it's own EIN, but an EIN doesn't guarantee your Paypal won't have issues. The EIN merely complies with PayPals IRS requirements.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Here We Go Again (10-07-2014), Philly Diehard (10-06-2014)
Old 10-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
No you would not be able to attach a new Paypal and continue selling.

Please do not listen to the advice above - even attempting to forge a SSN is a bad idea. Instead, if you want to continue selling this year, you can get an EIN from the IRS and then upgrade your Paypal to a business account and add the EIN. Or you can wait until next year when the tax limitation will be removed.

If this is your only account, I would start to create (or buy) a few more so you won't be stuck in this position again.
Wait??? They are removing the tax limitation? Tell me more
Old 10-08-2014

Longevity: 64%

Sorry, poor wording on my part. What I meant was, if you don't provide tax information then the limitation on your account will be removed the next year.

But you'll still have to deal with the 200 transactions/$20,000 in sales threshold next year if you don't provide a SSN/tax ID/EIN.

Last edited by plumsake2; 10-08-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-09-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
Sorry, poor wording on my part. What I meant was, if you don't provide tax information then the limitation on your account will be removed the next year.

But you'll still have to deal with the 200 transactions/$20,000 in sales threshold next year if you don't provide a SSN/tax ID/EIN.
Oh, gotcha. I just got very excited for a moment. I had to ditch a few accounts when they put that in place... But I still didn't know that the limit resets the next year... Hmmm, I may be revisiting some old accounts. Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.
Old 10-09-2014

Longevity: 59%

I'm curious...that 95/ 8K....did you do that spread out evenly this year so far, or has most of that happened in the last couple or few months.......because being, not even half way to the 200/20K at month 10 out of 12 seems odd, unless you've done all that in just the last few months that might make them think you will go near the 200/20K mark?
Old 10-11-2014

Longevity: 77%

On your ebay auction, just redirect the payment received to a new PP account.

Your seller fees, shipping fees, and return fees will still come out of your original account, so leave your PP funds in there.

But you will be able to receive funds at your new PP account. Just make sure you make it (and keep it) with a new user name on your computer.
Old 10-11-2014

Whoa.......that is wrong on so many levels! Do not do that...as soon as you add a new paypal account to that ebay name, you have just linked everything and tried to circumvent their policy.......train wreck!
Old 10-11-2014

Longevity: 55%

Same thing happens to me, just waiting next year until limitations go away
Old 10-12-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Whoa.......that is wrong on so many levels! Do not do that...as soon as you add a new paypal account to that ebay name, you have just linked everything and tried to circumvent their policy.......train wreck!
Doing it on 30+ accounts with no repercussions for the last several years as long as you pay your eB fees and keep everything up to date.
Old 10-12-2014

Then you have been successful at linking a bunch of your accounts....to me, that's not a good thing...but to each their own.
Old 10-12-2014

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

I think a lot of you guys don't factor in how well you choose to provide customer service or not. Get a account over the 7 month mark you have that and keeping sales not too crazy your golden.

(customer service includes = fast shipping, high dsr, good feedback) Don't sell vero. Do that and you should be fine
Old 10-12-2014

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

Once you get under ebays radar keep it that way