PROPAY as an alternative to PP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default PROPAY as an alternative to PP

Starting in around a month, apparently Propay is going to be an acceptable option for sellers to accept ebay payments from customers. Before I express some concerns, I will editorialize a Little. In my opinion, that the only reason ebay is allowing Propay, which is competition for PP, is to fend off any potential legal antitrust actions against ebay requiring PayPal. THis will probably shield ebay from the same type of lawsuit they faced in Australia.

My concern is about how propay will be linked to ebay accounts. You will only be allowed 1 propay accounbt, SS number is required to open a Propay account, as Propay is actually a merchant account that ebay allows with a direct interface and approved payment method.

1. Can you have multiple ebay accounts each using your one propay account as the customer payment method.

2. If an ebay account with a propay account attached goes NARU, will we be able to use the same propay account on a new Seller account, or will your propay account get "blacklisted" in the ebay system. Once you loose a PP account, it is virtually useless on ebay. Hopefully this will not be the case with propay.

3. Has anyone heard anything about "holds" for payments made using Propay. PP has the infamous 21 day hold.

Without the ability to use a propay account at will without limitations, the propay method will be as worthless as a linked ebay-paypal account that has gone NARU.

If Propay will be completely independent and capable of being used freely without paypal type rules, paypal may find itself loosing sellers in droves.

Does anyone have comments or "inside information"
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%

BUMP ...

Anyone know anything about this
Old 09-25-2008

Longevity: 90%

I can say that you won't have 21 day holds on your money. ProPay is owned and operated by e-OnlineData which is a giant credit card processing company.

I emailed ProPay with the other questions...hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
Old 09-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
Starting in around a month, apparently Propay is going to be an acceptable option for sellers to accept ebay payments from customers. Before I express some concerns, I will editorialize a Little. In my opinion, that the only reason ebay is allowing Propay, which is competition for PP, is to fend off any potential legal antitrust actions against ebay requiring PayPal. THis will probably shield ebay from the same type of lawsuit they faced in Australia.

My concern is about how propay will be linked to ebay accounts. You will only be allowed 1 propay accounbt, SS number is required to open a Propay account, as Propay is actually a merchant account that ebay allows with a direct interface and approved payment method.

1. Can you have multiple ebay accounts each using your one propay account as the customer payment method.

2. If an ebay account with a propay account attached goes NARU, will we be able to use the same propay account on a new Seller account, or will your propay account get "blacklisted" in the ebay system. Once you loose a PP account, it is virtually useless on ebay. Hopefully this will not be the case with propay.

3. Has anyone heard anything about "holds" for payments made using Propay. PP has the infamous 21 day hold.

Without the ability to use a propay account at will without limitations, the propay method will be as worthless as a linked ebay-paypal account that has gone NARU.

If Propay will be completely independent and capable of being used freely without paypal type rules, paypal may find itself loosing sellers in droves.

Does anyone have comments or "inside information"
DO we have to use false name address?
Old 09-25-2008

Longevity: 98%

You need to find out from ProPay how much info they give to eBay. Ask.

They might at the very least give your account name, which you likely can't change.

Last edited by Jonas; 09-25-2008 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-25-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Disclosure of Information

We use Merchant Account Information in connection with delivering payment services to you. In order to conduct financial payment-related transactions and/or to effectively deliver payment services securely to you, while minimizing the risks of financial loss, it is often necessary to communicate such Merchant Account Information to or with financial institutions such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card Services, banking institutions involved in supporting, clearing or settling payment-related transactions, our corporate Affiliates and/or other companies we work with. ProPay takes numerous commercially reasonable measures to protect the personal information that you share. In the event your Merchant Account becomes delinquent, you authorize ProPay to disclose and communicate all your Merchant Account Information to third parties for the purpose of collection of any delinquent amount. If you initiate a transaction that requires credit card and checking account information, ProPay uses that information only to process your payment request and will not use it for marketing purposes. ProPay may also disclose information as permitted by law to governmental regulatory agencies. For example, we may disclose Merchant Account Information in response to lawful subpoenas, to credit-reporting agencies, and to help prevent fraud. Any third party, including by way of example and not limitation, service providers or agents, or processors with whom ProPay shares your personal information shall only be permitted to use this personal information for the purposes set forth above and which are contemplated by this Privacy Policy. The types of third parties with whom ProPay shares your personal information shall be limited to those delineated in the foregoing, and your personal information shall not be shared with third parties which fall outside the scope of this Privacy Policy.
ProPay: Privacy Policy

ProPay is a fee-based service with different subscription levels.
Quote:
Basic: $34.95
Premium: $59.95
Premium Plus: $119.95
Platinum: $299.95
See this for more details on ProPay's Features and Pricing

I found these interesting posts on eBay's forums (the first rings true):
Quote:
The reasons eBay is including Propay in their accepted payment methods is that 1) not many eBay sellers are on Propay, and 2) it costs more than Paypal, so most sellers won't use it, and (most importantly) 3) if they include another form of accepted payment, they are much less likely to get slapped by the FTC like they did by the Aussie equivalent of the FTC. Remember, their objective is to make almost all seller use Paypal as their only means of accepting payment but not make it LOOK like they were trying to make all sellers use Paypal as their only means of accepting payment. BTW - Propay seems to be even more arbitrary and less communicative than Paypal. Google 'not happy with propay are you' and read the first item returned.
eBay Forums: So, um... who owns Pro Pay? ...

Quote:
Unlike PayPal, ProPay is simply a merchant account provider and gateway.
ProPay appears to be available only to US members.
To process a payment through ProPay, it would appear that you actually have to collect your customer's credit card information: i.e. Credit Card Number, Card Expiration Date, Zip Code, and Transaction Amount. Good luck!
ProPay charges an annual fee ranging from $34.95 to $299.95.
ProPay transaction rates/fees are higher than PayPal's.
ProPay has a $1000 monthly transaction limit, after which time providing personal / business credit information will be necessary as well as an account upgrade to increase that limit.
Payments received take between 1-3 business days to actually be deposited into your ProPay account.
ProPay charges a transfer fee on all funds withdrawn from ProPay.
It would also appear that funds can be transfered only to a US Checking account located in the US.
Virtually NO seller protection against chargebacks or disputes.

Conclusion: AVOID!
eBay Forums: ProPay??? ...

ProPay's website states that it is a privately held company and also states that ProPay Inc. is a registered agent of Wells Fargo Bank.
Old 09-25-2008

Activity: 2%

ebayalien, since Propay operates like a Merchant Account, you will not be able to provide false information.
Old 10-06-2008

Default ProPay Answers

Hi Zymo,

In answer to your questions:

Initially, only one eBay account can be linked to a single ProPay account. As we continue to develop our offerings, we expect to be able to link multiple eBay accounts to a single ProPay account.

If an eBay account goes NARU, the attached ProPay eAuction account will be suspended. Maintaining your eBay account in good standing is essential to obtaining and keeping your ProPay eAuction account.

ProPay does hold funds from transactions deemed high risk for up to 14 days. ProPay only holds the funds from the transactions that are deemed high risk, not all the funds in your ProPay account.

I hope that helps. If you have more questions, check out ProPay.com.
Old 10-06-2008

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

Yeah I thought they would have some sort of link not allowing you to use accounts over with new eBay accounts.. knew they had to get their knees dirty somehow to work with eBay.
Old 10-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCrotts View Post
Hi Zymo,

Initially, only one eBay account can be linked to a single ProPay account. As we continue to develop our offerings, we expect to be able to link multiple eBay accounts to a single ProPay account.

If an eBay account goes NARU, the attached ProPay eAuction account will be suspended. Maintaining your eBay account in good standing is essential to obtaining and keeping your ProPay eAuction account.

ProPay does hold funds from transactions deemed high risk for up to 14 days. ProPay only holds the funds from the transactions that are deemed high risk, not all the funds in your ProPay account.

Thanks for the taking the time to reply I have one queton that i could not find on your website:

As of right now eBay rules say you MUST offer either PayPal or a Merchant Account if you re registered after January 2007..With ProPay coming into the picture could I just offer ProPay instead of PayPal?
Old 10-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Do not use propay I repeat. I have about 900 dollar in funds left for my kind of business and stated what I sell. At some point they just stopped taking transactions with me after more than half a year and said sorry we just dont like your business. They closed my account and just kept the fu!king money. Do not use them
Old 10-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2ruff4u View Post
Do not use propay I repeat. I have about 900 dollar in funds left for my kind of business and stated what I sell. At some point they just stopped taking transactions with me after more than half a year and said sorry we just dont like your business. They closed my account and just kept the fu!king money. Do not use them
yes I agree after looking at the sign up page.

THEY WANT YOUR SS#!!!!!!!

What good is that?
For me it would kill my stealth ebay and paypal accounts.
Old 10-10-2008
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCrotts View Post
Hi Zymo,

If you have a paypal account that is linked to suspended ebay accounts, can you use this propay account with a new ebay account without ebay linking you to the paypal account? (then of course linking you to the suspended ebay accounts....)

In other words, does propay share information other than the name with ebay/paypal?
Old 09-03-2009
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Anyone know the answer to this?
Old 09-12-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohnsonpcs View Post
Anyone know the answer to this?
you only can "link" one propay account to one eBay account. Basically if your eBay goes down, you can not relink the same eBay account. You only can use propay on eBay if you have a powerseller status