Closing paypal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Closing paypal account

The main account which I have been using with paypal I would like to close. Its useless to me and am also vary of creditcard charge backs as I offered 12 months warranties on the electrical goods I sold.

I have been trying to close the account for the last few days from the website and keep getting the following message.

PayPal strives for complete customer satisfaction. Closing your account is final and both your account history and reputation number will be lost.

Please contact Customer Service to close your account.

I rang paypal and they told me to send them an email which I have but account still has not been closed. Dont really want to contact them again just incase they start asking me other questions.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

(I had deleted my bank account credit card details etc)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-17-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

I don't know if this'll help, but...

Quote:
How do I close my PayPal account? Answer 1.
You'll have to log into your account first. Then click on "help," then "contact us" and then on the left click on "account basics," then "my profile," and the right bottom you'll see "How do I close my PayPal account?" We also recommend that you remove any checking and credit card accounts before you close your account, if you can. The problem is, Paypal keeps that information forever. But removing it shows your intent, and if the account gets hacked, it's less likely that the hacker will be able to access your accounts. However, we've been told by others that once you remove the information, you can't close the account. Like a catch-22. I don't know what the answer is if that is true. For me, it's better to just remove all info, including email accounts, create a yahoo or hotmail email account and use that, and then sending them a written certified letter with proof of delivery, that you want to close your account.

How do I close my PayPal account? Answer 2
A visitor to sent us this: I just read a lot on your site, and it did prompt me to close my PayPal account. I'd only opened it a couple days ago, but your site just reminded me that they could very well get hacked into, and my account could be at risk. I was afraid PayPal could withdraw funds without my consent, but it never occured to me that they were such a target for hacking. Anyway, I wanted to inform you that I was able to first remove my bank account by first logging in, then by selecting Profile Summary, then clicking Financial Information. They then loaded a page that had my account status and I was able to select to remove it there. Then, I hit 'back' to get to the Profile Summary page again and selected Close Account. After a few pages of clicking yes and providing a reason, I closed the account w/out the need for confirmation emails or anything. I just wanted you to know so that you could provide the information if you wanted. (Thanks M!)
PayPalSucks.com FAQ, answering your questions about PayPal, the class action lawsuit, and other PayPal abuses, scams, spoof sites, phishing, etc. And sometimes, your hate mail.
Old 09-26-2008

Default closing PAYPAL account

I did option #2 last week on a PAYPAL account and it didn't stick. Three days later it was still open. So, I went through all the steps again. It worked the second time. I have another question though. The PAYPAL account that I had connected to my suspended eBay account is still up. I have had it for years. Since my eBay account was suspended all my old Buyers see that I was suspended for Suspicious Trading Behavior - or something like that, and now I have a couple wanting to return their totally authentic designer items - 1-3 months after they purchased them. I am afraid that they will go to PAYPAL and PAYPAL will just take the money from the account. Should I close this account - if I can, or should I close the bank accounts and credit cards that are on the account? I do NOT think that these people deserve to get a refund and I think that they are taking advantage of my misfortune. How risky is it to maintain a PAYPAL account that is linked to an eBay account that was suspended? Should I just drain the bank account on this PAYPAL account to $5.00 and remove both the credit cards? Will this trash my credit rating if they want to refund one of my buyers and they can't get the money from me? We are not talking about a ton of money here but it is several hundred dollars.
Old 09-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

They will send your account into collections. But I don't think they can put anything on your credit if they don't have your SS#. You would have to ask Modee about that one. I am curious too. I would definitely just close your bank account and credit cards that are attached. You can go to your bank and have them make it so PayPal cannot touch your account also. Not sure how to do that but I know you can.
Old 09-26-2008

Default Closing PAYPAL

I think I am screwed. I was suspended from my first eBay account a couple weeks ago and the PAYPAL account I set up for it had all my real information on it. Last year I was limited and I had to send them a copy of my SS card - but it did have my married name on it and I got a new one recently with my single name on it - same number though. Today a Buyer from over a month ago file a Significantly Not as Described claim on my PAYPAL account which gave it a negative balance. I immediately called my bank and said that my bag was lost or stolen and I have had the bank accounts and Credit cards on this PAYPAL account frozen until I get in there and officially close them. Still, if PAYPAL rules against me on this dispute -which they shouldn't since this claim is TOTALLY WITHOUT MERIT, I will have a negative balance. Unfortunately, I know PAYPAL and I have NEVER had them rule in my favor no matter how little merit the claim from the Buyer might have. So if they rule in favor or the Buyer I will continue to have about a $200.00 negative balance. I don't want to trash my credit over $200.00 but I really don't want this woman to get a refund. It is a matter of principal. Of course, I cannot close this PAYPAL account now that there is a dispute pending. Would I have saved myself if I had closed it last week when I got suspended from eBay?

Last edited by Brendaleigh; 09-26-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-26-2008

Activity: 2%

If your credit is good, I would settle the dispute, pay the money, and consider it a lesson learned.
Once the account is cleared, you can then close it.
You'll never be able to use your SSN with Paypal again, however.
There are ways to delay them asking for your SSN, though, on future accounts. Modee has information on that.
Old 09-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Yes exactly. I have three tiers of methods:

1) Make sure the U.S. SS # request is delayed - on a NEW account. Basic tech support, very inexpensive. Delay - not bypass!

2) BYPASS the SS # request entirely. Again, on a new account properly created using my techniques. 100% money back guarantee but VERY expensive.

3) Bypass the SS # request on an existing PayPal account that you bring to the table. Inexpensive. Running about 65% success rate on this lately.

Shoot me a pm with prices for 2 and 3