So when is it safe to start selling? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%
Default So when is it safe to start selling?

OK, so I'm always creating new accounts, but I am unsure when I should start selling. Can I sell even with the little orange man (new member) symbol next to my name? Will ebay flag me? I try to wait until my account ages 30 days and act like a new user, searching around, etc. but I want to start selling immediately.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

I took a week to get going... I signed up for my account one week, while going through the stealth info. Then did some searching for a few days... and then started selling. Currently only selling 3 items, but listing them twice a day for 3 days. I don't think that's anything major. In the past, I was running like 20-30 auctions per day when I got AXED!

Good luck
Tim
Old 09-29-2008

Default Selling items previosly listed on old account

I know that I cannot start out my new eBay account by listing all my old inventory that I was listing when I got suspended -but I sell GCW items and I have a fair amount of inventory. There are very few sellers of this designer and I know that if I start off listing my old items I will be linked - but can I try and list them 6 months from now? Are there other sites that I might use to try to move some inventory? GCW is a very high end brand and I haven't found it on other sites like Craig's list, etc. Is it EVER safe to list old items from your old, suspended account? I also sold True Religion jeans. These are definitely on eBays hot list and will get my listings limited for sure. But there are lots of TR sellers on eBay - so I don't think that they would link me that way if I use new photo's and completely new listing styles. Still - how long should I wait before I list True Religion jeans? There are a couple other brands that I listed a lot of that are high end and there are not a lot of sellers on eBay. Is it ever safe to list these items again?
Old 09-29-2008

I'm VERY impatient. I created a new account, got everything setup in a few days and started selling the same items. About 5 to 10 a week. Ofcourse I named it differently, use diff pics, etc. I'm a huge risk taker

Last edited by JohnnyBoy; 09-29-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2008

Why would ebay catch you if you list your old inventory?

There must be hundreds if not thousands of people selling the same item surely?
Old 09-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

I can only tell you what I do.....
When I create a account and NOT sell on it for at least 30 days if not 60 or 90 days.
Old 09-30-2008

Default Selling old inventory

There are less than a dozen real sellers of Great China Wall, GCW on eBay and I am one of them. I used to sell so much that I showed up on a Google search for GCW. Each piece is unique so I would be listing items that have already been listed before on a suspended account. At least for now, this is not a risk that I am willing to take - even though I would LOVE to move some of the inventory.
Old 09-30-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

I sold on day 1 with a new account, put 30 items up and everything went fine. Just dont sell high risk items your first 30 days.
Old 09-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by importracer150 View Post
I sold on day 1 with a new account, put 30 items up and everything went fine. Just dont sell high risk items your first 30 days.
What is considered to be high risk? Is it based on the value? the item classification?

Even if you did sell high risk what would be the consequence?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

I would say a high risk item would be a VERO item, or an item that is competitive on ebay or some kind of popular name brand or designer.

I created a new account, searched around for a day or 2 then started selling random stuff around the house to build my feedback with no problems. I recently found a supplier in town for some hot selling non vero items so I always list those on my new accounts. I always make sure I have a few good items to sell on new accounts to get easy feedback. My other vero items I throw in every blue moon and spread them across my other accounts to be safe.

I am pretty much listing just as much as i did before suspension, but just spreading items over many different accounts. My goal is to stay under the radar and have about 15 active accounts by the end of Oct and ready for Christmas!

Last edited by aking; 09-30-2008 at 11:14 PM.