situation: $700 at stake. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 07-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default situation: $700 at stake.

I have a paypal limited with $700 in it and it requires that I confirm location. NOw my credit card that is currently in paypal requires that confirm address by calling the number linked to it, which is my cell phone. However it won't call it because its not a land line.... I need help...

My idea is this: Lets say I could get another credit card with a landline attached to it and have paypal call that number. Would that work? Or does it need to confirm the current card in it? It still gives me the option to add credit cards. I don't see why it wouldn't... Any help is apreciated...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-17-2008

Can you not edit the number to a landline number?

If not, add a new credit card and make sure you add a landline number.
Old 07-17-2008

is it not possible to call forward to your landline. maybe they see that its a mobile. dam....user display possibly
Old 07-17-2008

Longevity: 96%

Just call forward too your cell phone, its done alll the time.
Old 07-17-2008

how can he call forward it to his cell phone when he is already linked with his cellphone lol. He needs to add a landline to forward to his cellphone you mean!
Old 07-17-2008
Threadstarter  

alright so basically, let me make this clear the number on my CC is lets just say "X". The number X actually belongs to a cell phone. My credit card's number attached to it is not a landline. So basically I have decided that my only option is to get a new CC with a landline attached to it. Because I don't think call forwarding would work because I have a cellphone as my Cards number. From what I understand I would need to have a landline as my Cards number than forward it to my cellphone, which I can't do because a landline is not attached to my card. My only question is would a payphone count as a landline? What does it come up as on callerid and such? Or do I need to use a home phone?

PS: This number won't have the same area code as my paypal does this matter as long as the card is registered to the phone I verify with?

Last edited by toonboimagik; 07-17-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: forgot somethin
Old 07-17-2008

just change your mobile number in your profile to landline?

Also if you are in the uk you need same area code as the address!
Old 07-17-2008
Threadstarter  

Yes I can change the phone number in Paypal but it won't match my card. Is there anyway to change the number register'd to a card?

Also what about USA will I need to be in same area code phone as address is in to verify?

EDIT:
WAIT. Would this work? COuld I somehow type in a number of the area code my house is registered under in paypal and then use a website like Tollfreeforwarding to call that number and then it forwards that call to me? How would I go about doing that?

Last edited by Modee; 07-18-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-17-2008

what do you mean it wont match your card???
I dont think any card has a phone number registered to it to match.....

Just change the mobile number u have in paypal to a landline and thats fine.
Old 07-17-2008
Threadstarter  

Well let me try to explain this all over. I Need to confirm location on my paypal account. My Simon card is registered to a diff house that I no longer live at and a different phone number(WHICH ISNT A LANDLINE) and area code. So what I am asking is how do I go about getting my account unlimited?

1. Do my simon giftcard phone number and my phone number that I confirm address from have to match?

2.Does my address's area code have to match the area code of the phone I confirm from? I live in the USA.
Old 07-17-2008

Longevity: 98%

I have two words for you; Google Checkout

Google Checkout works the same, more user friendly invoices that you send out, and the seller fees are exactly half. It's a no-brainer. I've been using them for over a year now and will never go back to Paypal.

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-17-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2008

After reading,

How can they really track whether you live their or not by a landline? Why not use your friend's house landline phone? I think it would be fairly simple to.

Last edited by digzober; 07-17-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-17-2008
Threadstarter  

alright then... So you don't think if I use a phone in diff area code they will flip out?
Old 07-18-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
I guess I'm confused? Ive never had to count on a telephone number matching my credit card?
They MATCH the credit card info by Name/initials, then address/ Zipcode....
Old 10-01-2008

Longevity: 90%

Personally I thought that CC details did have to match up with what your CC company has on file. This may not be the same with gift cards though, I am not sure.

In the past I have been able to log into my credit card company web site (capital one in canada in my case) and then you can update the info they have on file there.

Not sure if this helps, good luck
Old 10-02-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Same thing happened to me. I just called paypal on my cell phone told them I was limited, acted pissed, the guy reinstated my account with the flick of a key
Old 10-05-2008

they only match the phone number based on the info u give them.

Paypal can not tell what phone number you used when you applied for your credit card.
Paupal can not see anything more than a credit card number.

I am an ex banker and the banks are governed (in aus anyway) by privacy laws. In some cases they can share information with other 3rd parties who are banks etc. Maybe doing international money transfers via intermiadiary banks.

Paypal are not one of these, they are not a financial institute and banks will not give them any info.

If the banks gave info to paypal then they would have to give this info to every other company out there. Imagine the kaos, a crazy wife or husband would be able to track down their partners etc etc.

Same laws apply to phone companies, i was a manager at One.tel in Aus before it sadly went bankrupt. Great company it was too and they had legal cases where husband had busted wife etc and privacy law implications.

Last edited by JSD; 10-05-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-05-2008

Default Why a land line?

I have never been under the assumption that any of the phone numbers I give out have to be land lines. I know tons of people who do not have land lines - including my brother. In fact, I have been considering canceling my land line and saving myself $43.00 per month. Since when is it required anywhere in this process to give them a Land Line??? Land lines are becoming a thing of the past.