How to fix an account with a ficiticous name? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-02-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default How to fix an account with a ficiticous name?

I already had 2 paypal accounts. I ran across a website that said I could rack up points and cash them out for money at paypal. I didn't know of it was legit or not so I didn't want to use my real paypal accounts. So I made a new one with a ficitious name and used that. Turns out that site was legit and I've been accumulating money in my paypal account. So now I'd like to verify it. I already have a bank account linked since banks don't care about the name you use. Unfortunately CC cmpanies do. So the ficiticous name is a no no. How should I go about doing this without getting limited by PayPal? The things I can think of are.

1) Change the name/upgrade to business. The problem is that PayPal requires you send in more personal information, IDs/SSNs then I feel comfortable with. I'm not doing anything even remotely sketchy but I do try to protect my private information.

2) Cancel the account and start a new one with my real name. Will it be a problem if I reuse the bank info?

3) Cancel the account and try using one of my other accounts.

I also recently realized that PayPal doesn't like people to have more than 2 accounts. So I'm concerned that changing the name to my real name will then link all 3 and PayPal will ban me.

What should I do? Reading all the horror stories about being limited has be worried.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: How to fix an account with a ficiticous name?

VCC

Read the stealth guide. This is simple stuff.
Old 11-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

dont over complicate your life.

Add a VCC and leave that account as the fictious you.

Never cancel accounts yourself. Too fiddly.
Old 11-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies. So I guess a VCC is the way to go. Do you guys mean a VCC as in a Virtual Credit Card from say Citibank? That still has my real name which is the problem. So I guess you guys mean a prepaid CC like a visa/mastercard prepaid GC. I've been reading up on those. From what I've read, some work and some don't. Is there a convenient list of the ones that work for PayPal verification?

Also, what happens if I ever hit the 1099 issue threshold? Then PayPal will want my tax info. But the account will be under a ficitious name. Won't I hit the same problem then?
Old 11-03-2014

Longevity: 64%

Yeah you'll need any type of card which doesn't have a name or address attached in order to pass the AVS check. You can use Vanilla Visas which look like this:

After you get one, you go to the vanilla visa website and you can add the stealth zip code.

You can also make your own VCCs online using Entropay without ever having to leave your house. It takes a bit longer for Entropay to receive the 4 digit code from Paypal though.

If you get to the point where they're asking for tax information, then you can upgrade your Paypal to a business account and get an EIN from the IRS. EINs are similar to SSNs, except they are for businesses. Paypal would only check the name of the business and not the random personal name on the account.
Old 11-06-2014
Threadstarter  

I looked at the Walmart website and they sell Vanilla visa cards. I've tried going to a couple of stores and can't find them. The ones instore are all Walmart branded. Do they only sell them online?
Old 11-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

A couple of stores.....and couldn't find a Vanilla Visa? seriously? Have you tried Walgreens, CVS, Just about every Super Market carries these....
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
gosunsplease (11-22-2014)
Old 11-07-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Every Brand Name Pharamacy has tons of them
Old 11-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone. I did find them at CVS. Do Amex cards also work?
Old 11-11-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I have used an Amex card before but I would stick to visa vanilla cards
Old 11-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfacecar View Post
Thanks everyone. I did find them at CVS. Do Amex cards also work?
Vanilla Visa is pretty straight up
Old 11-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. So I guess a VCC is the way to go. Do you guys mean a VCC as in a Virtual Credit Card from say Citibank? That still has my real name which is the problem. So I guess you guys mean a prepaid CC like a visa/mastercard prepaid GC. I've been reading up on those. From what I've read, some work and some don't. Is there a convenient list of the ones that work for PayPal verification?

Also, what happens if I ever hit the 1099 issue threshold? Then PayPal will want my tax info. But the account will be under a ficitious name. Won't I hit the same problem then?
Unless you give them someone else Tax ID. PayPal will limit your account from receiving payments before that happens to protect them. Once you get the first email from them about it, if you run stealth you know it is time to take stock and slow down sales. As to why having a multitude of accounts is recommended.
Old 11-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Vanilla VIsa it is then. What's the risk if it gets rejected? I really don't want this account to get limited since I have a couple of thousand in it. Since it is ficticious, I don't even know how I would go about getting the money out if it does. How can you prove a ficticious account is yours afterall?

When would PayPal start sending out tax ID letters? I know the limit is 20K but would they start at 18K? 16K? 12K? I'm just trying to get a feel for it.
Old 11-12-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Vanilla VIsa it is then. What's the risk if it gets rejected? I really don't want this account to get limited since I have a couple of thousand in it. Since it is ficticious, I don't even know how I would go about getting the money out if it does. How can you prove a ficticious account is yours afterall?

When would PayPal start sending out tax ID letters? I know the limit is 20K but would they start at 18K? 16K? 12K? I'm just trying to get a feel for it.

The vanilla visa won't get rejected. It works. You also need to attach a bank account t to cash out. You really don't want to leave that much money in a PayPal account.